• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

宇多田ヒカル (Utada Hikaru) vs 天野月子 (Tsukiko Amano)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

文偉立

newb programmer
宇多田ヒカル (Utada Hikaru) vs 天野月子 (Tsukiko Amano)

Hmm...I've thought of this thread a while back and though the two don't really sing in the same genre (Utada is Jpop; Amano is sentimental), I always wondered who was the better.

I guess some people stumbled upon the thread title (if you don't have the text, that's even worse).

I'd say Tsukiko Amano takes the prize. I may like Kingdom Hearts but that doesn't mean Amano's singing career is anything less than of Hikki.

velocity2325

who said i was gone :D
Awards
Website
www.xanga.com
Re: 宇多田ヒカル (Utada Hikaru) vs 天野月子 (Tsukiko Amano)

Tsukiko Amano songs are really good. shes has a very nice tone to her voice. i cant tell whos good cuz they are both really good. so its hard to tell whos better so its a draw for me

文偉立

newb programmer

Hikki's quite the popular one in both the US but her popularity is not very trendy in Japan. Regardless of her being born Japanese, being an American at birth renders her greatly in popularity.

Let's move on to their songs.

On impression of Hikki's songs, her initial lyrics always seemed rushed, as if she would be just dying to just finish singing by starting off as soon as possible.

Amano's more laid back but her heart is being played more into her songs. In other words, she actually sings more calmly.

文偉立

newb programmer

Where is your statement? Utada can be better than any JPop artist as long as you just praise KH as a generic lopsided fan.

insanehikari

Website
memorybeyond.phpnet.us

^win.

I like Amano's voice, but there's a certain thing about Utada's voice that makes me like her's more. I have no idea what that thing is... can't put a name to it. xP

And Chou is an awesome song. <3

文偉立

newb programmer

So, you are a generic lopsided KH fan?

Hikki's voice is no better than, let's say Kuribayashi Minami, as they sing in many similar categories but I cannot compare them (KM's too anime based, I repent for comparing her to anyone).

XIIIth_Knight

Banned

i dont even know who is amano thats why i said hikaru is better

insanehikari

Website
memorybeyond.phpnet.us

アクラ said:
So, you are a generic lopsided KH fan?
I just thought what you said was funny =/ Because it's true- a person who sings a game theme song might have absolutely no talent whatsoever, but you can be guaranteed a huge amount of blind supporters. They can claim that he/she is the most talented singer to walk the planet, but only because he/she did the theme song to a game that they love. Anybody else will automatically be below that person for that reason.(Hopefully somebody can follow that. xD)

And I liked Utada before I liked Kingdom Hearts- the game had no influence. I found her because of a file with the wrong name- it said Malice Mizer, but it was Utada Hikaru.
Alot of people find Utada Hikaru through KH, I heard about KH because of Utada Hikaru. xD

文偉立

newb programmer

Eh? My first JPop artist was Jun Shibata and she kicks all ass, but I do not contemplate >.>

Being both are game vocals, stating Hikki's only great for casting for KH is redundant, I concur. But a choice of the dominant voice is at hand and I have to say Amano is victorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back