• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

アリエン weapon design

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatal_Blade

がんばってね
Weapon design for an art project I'm doing. Background is finished as you can tell. But yeah any ideas for colors (warm colors)? アリエン is japanese for my name Arien, so I'll just call it that for now XD. Low quality due to no scanner.

C&C greaty appreciated.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Yo that looks way cool. Awesome design man, you might wanna make the blade longer.
But i gotta say that is very good.

Blight

It' a pretty sweet sword thers is a lot of atention to detail, I wouldn't have the patience to draw the entire chain adn bone thing. However it does seem like a ...usable weapon. I'm not sure what it'll be used for so I cant really be specific ,but Id make the wingless blade closer to the center, longer, and probably make the wingless...eye catching. Again not sure how it'll be used your call.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Nice design! The only problem is that it seems a little too busy for my taste but, oh well.

Also, is your name really Japanese, cause if it is, wouldn't be ありえん (the Hiragana), if not, then your Katakana is right.

MasterRox

Very nice skills you have, but I think the 2 blades could be longer and the handle. About color...I dont have a clue, since Im used to manga drawing(black and white).

Blue

home is where the heart is
It's been some time since I saw some of your work!

The weapon designs look awesome.But if you'd make the blade longer,it would look even better!

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Very nice design! Overall interesting to look at.

Hm, you know the basic warm colors: red, yellow, orange. You could also try darker versions or lighter versions of those. I think those three are definitely a good base. Try looking at what you want to be lighter or darker compared to the rest. Would you want the wings to be light? Try a lighter version of the colors. Red with white is pink, but if you do a really light coat of red that would look cool, it would be soft but still noticeable.

If you're scared of ruining the picture but want to try colors to see how it looks, use a different piece of paper. You don't need to draw the sword again but instead fill in the colors. Looks messy in the end and throughout, but just take the colors you want to use and see what would happen when you put this one next to that one. It'll help you when you start to see how the colors react and how you want them in there.

You could also try adding a cool color in there as an accent. Just one though, if you use too many different colors it'll look like a rainbow. If anything, you could try mixing it in with the other colors, like using a blue to shade in a part of yellow.

Mostly just try stuff. I think the warm colors will be very good for this. Is it acrylic paint?

Fatal_Blade

がんばってね
Yo that looks way cool. Awesome design man, you might wanna make the blade longer.
But i gotta say that is very good.
Thanks, yeah I do think I need to make the blade longer...but I already started painting lol.

It' a pretty sweet sword thers is a lot of atention to detail, I wouldn't have the patience to draw the entire chain adn bone thing. However it does seem like a ...usable weapon. I'm not sure what it'll be used for so I cant really be specific ,but Id make the wingless blade closer to the center, longer, and probably make the wingless...eye catching. Again not sure how it'll be used your call.
Thanks for the C&C =]
Nice design! The only problem is that it seems a little too busy for my taste but, oh well.

Also, is your name really Japanese, cause if it is, wouldn't be ありえん (the Hiragana), if not, then your Katakana is right.
Thanks, well I'm not sure about the Hiragana part but I did look up the symbols and those look correct.

Very nice skills you have, but I think the 2 blades could be longer and the handle. About color...I dont have a clue, since Im used to manga drawing(black and white).
Lol thanks.
It's been some time since I saw some of your work!

The weapon designs look awesome.But if you'd make the blade longer,it would look even better!

Thanks!

Very nice design! Overall interesting to look at.

Hm, you know the basic warm colors: red, yellow, orange. You could also try darker versions or lighter versions of those. I think those three are definitely a good base. Try looking at what you want to be lighter or darker compared to the rest. Would you want the wings to be light? Try a lighter version of the colors. Red with white is pink, but if you do a really light coat of red that would look cool, it would be soft but still noticeable.

If you're scared of ruining the picture but want to try colors to see how it looks, use a different piece of paper. You don't need to draw the sword again but instead fill in the colors. Looks messy in the end and throughout, but just take the colors you want to use and see what would happen when you put this one next to that one. It'll help you when you start to see how the colors react and how you want them in there.

You could also try adding a cool color in there as an accent. Just one though, if you use too many different colors it'll look like a rainbow. If anything, you could try mixing it in with the other colors, like using a blue to shade in a part of yellow.

Mostly just try stuff. I think the warm colors will be very good for this. Is it acrylic paint?

Thank you! Great tips and I will try mixing like you said. And yes this is acrylic paint.

kago

Nice work, i really like. I could see it being in a game. the only thing is that you should make the blades longer and the handle a little longer, but you already heard that. Over all, it's really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back