• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

►The Awesomest Fanclub of Terra♂ ẍ Aqua♀◄

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
lol you just know how to make me laugh don't you

I use to think Aqua and Siax were connected .......

I remember back when everyone was theorizing over the KH2FM secret ending, a lot of people thought Aqua was Riku's mom.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Has the OP ever been updated? The member list is screwed up and it's bothering me for some reason >_>;
It also hasn't been updated since March.
Who think Kairi and Sora look like they could be children of Terra and Aqua
Kairi, maybe. Since she has Aqua's face.
Sora's more Aqua and Vanitas' child. :p

SRK doesn't really have Terra's feautures.

BlackFrozenRose

Hi! i'v been lurking around this fc for awhile now and i just had to eventually join it. I enjoy this pair so much. :)

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Oh okay cool :)

So i was wondering and this is probably been asked before, but what do you guys like about Terra x Aqua?

Two reasons:
1) Aqua
2) Terra

^_^

They're awesome characters, and I love both them and their platonic canon relationship. Ship-wise, they've got really interesting dynamics because they've already got a higher love for each other than romance, and they're used to treating each other as friends and training partners instead of as a guy and a girl.

...basically, they've got all the benefits of a yaoi ship without the turnoff factor of there being two guys involved. (...well, for me, anyway) =P

LadyScythe

in a chair wrapped in thee most comfy blanket ever
Website
www.youtube.com
Two reasons:
1) Aqua
2) Terra

^_^

They're awesome characters, and I love both them and their platonic canon relationship. Ship-wise, they've got really interesting dynamics because they've already got a higher love for each other than romance, and they're used to treating each other as friends and training partners instead of as a guy and a girl.

...basically, they've got all the benefits of a yaoi ship without the turnoff factor of there being two guys involved. (...well, for me, anyway) =P

Pretty much the same reason for me.

BlackFrozenRose

Well for me, it was watching all those well made Terra x Aqua amvs on youtube and well seeing some scenes from the game and just watching how they interacted. it got me thinking how good they would be together on a more then friends base.

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
^ They are absolutely perfect for each other, in my opinion. Their interactions, the chemistry between them that is probably unintentionally there, and just their overall personalities make them fit together like a puzzle. This pairing is my OTP and I doubt that will ever change. <33

^ They are absolutely perfect for each other, in my opinion. Their interactions, the chemistry between them that is probably unintentionally there, and just their overall personalities make them fit together like a puzzle. This pairing is my OTP and I doubt that will ever change. <33

agreed like you said they fit perfectly together!! they're like the yin to the others yang

raelle

Oh okay cool :)

So i was wondering and this is probably been asked before, but what do you guys like about Terra x Aqua?

I'm not a fan of the pairing, but I can definitely see the appeal. There's something really exciting about having a het ship where neither character feels like a designated love interest and they're basically equals - moreso, where the girl basically acts as the "knight in shining armor" between the two. :p Also, Aqua's attitude towards Terra feels kind of strange sometimes, and it's easy to read into. They're also both unbearably cute when confronted with romantic tension in-game, even if it's not with each other. The family dynamic with Ven is adorable, too.

For me, I think the gender dynamics are refreshing, and I find what their connection draws out in Aqua in particular really interesting - since it's challenging to her in a way that draws out all of her flaws and all of her strengths at once.

(Also, they look really, really good together.)

LadyScythe

in a chair wrapped in thee most comfy blanket ever
Website
www.youtube.com

well said and awesome ava and sig by the way. well now that were getting active agian, i want to ask this question again, for anyone who has seen the Japan and English Trailers. what do you think of the line change from

"Terra won't fall into darkness" to "He's not as weak as you think"

Ikkin

Bronze Member
well now that were getting active agian, i want to ask this question again, for anyone who has seen the Japan and English Trailers. what do you think of the line change from "Terra won't fall into darkness" to "He's not as weak as you think"

It's kind of interesting, in that the lines themselves aren't all that different, but they feel very different when they're said in the trailers. I think Japanese Aqua sounds as if she's trying to reassure herself as much as she's trying to convince Eraqus - the shakiness in her voice at the end of the clip makes her sound kind of afraid that she might be wrong. English Aqua sounds much more sure of herself (and I think it's harder to read "He's not as weak as you think" as false confidence), just kind of hesitant to tell Eraqus that she thinks he's wrong.

And I kind of like it, because it implies that Aqua starts out with more faith in Terra, even if it starts getting a bit shaken later by the rumors she hears about him.

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
well said and awesome ava and sig by the way. well now that were getting active agian, i want to ask this question again, for anyone who has seen the Japan and English Trailers. what do you think of the line change from

"Terra won't fall into darkness" to "He's not as weak as you think"

Thank you!! :D

Well, I do like 'He's not as weak as you think' a lot better. It gives me more of a good vibe about their relationship; it shows me that Aqua knows that Terra is strong, and truly believes in him. I think it is a lot more powerful than the Japanese version, but I still like it, don't get me wrong.

raelle

It's a very different nuance! It actually sort of startled me when I first watched the English trailer. One of the things that struck me about Aqua with the Japanese version was how fast she was to adhere to authority figures in general (part of the "honor student" thing she has going on); MEANWHILE, ENGLISH AQUA IS CAPABLE OF GIVING HER MASTER SOME LIP, I guess. Which is definitely nice in some ways for Terra/Aqua - although I also think her coming off more strongly here also means her subsequent slap in the face at being so very, uh, wrong, might end up being more harsh, too.

I have sort of mixed feelings, because I liked too-responsive-to-authority-Aqua (and I'm sure she'll still be there in some capacity, but) - and I kind of feel like as far as the "no way Terra would never do that ever, you guys are crazy!!" role goes, Ven was already firmly in that spot versus Aqua being more tentative. But I do like the stronger faith and more personal sense of "knowing Terra" that it reflects too.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
But I do like the stronger faith and more personal sense of "knowing Terra" that it reflects too.

I think the bolded part is what I like most about the change. Aqua's Japanese line makes it sound like she doesn't really know Terra all that well. Aqua's English line makes it sound like Eraqus is the one who doesn't know Terra well enough, and she knows him better (it probably helps that Terra really isn't as weak as Eraqus thinks, darkness or no).

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I think the bolded part is what I like most about the change. Aqua's Japanese line makes it sound like she doesn't really know Terra all that well. Aqua's English line makes it sound like Eraqus is the one who doesn't know Terra well enough, and she knows him better (it probably helps that Terra really isn't as weak as Eraqus thinks, darkness or no).

Yeah, people were saying that her English version is gonna suck, but honestly it might be even better. The VA sounded really bad for the opening scenes (where TAV was releaxing before the MQE), but she's great in every other scene.

Thylings I love your sig! It's perfect for this club. Someone should put that in the fanart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back