• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ℳℴℯ❤ attributes dissertation pissing and discussion thread そうですね~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Re: ℳℴℯ❤ attributes dissertation pissing and discussion thread そうですね~

hey buster! i don't waltz into other people's threads making a post that basically says "i don't get it!"

if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute then just don't say anything!

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Re: ℳℴℯ❤ attributes dissertation pissing and discussion thread そうですね~

heh just gonna bump this motherfcuker up a lil bit w/ this here juicy informations crossposted from the mecha and toy boards of our favorite english language anonymous bbs

Business Media ½F‹ÆŠE‚ªgæ‘c•Ô‚èh‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚é\\wƒnƒ‹ƒqxw‚ç‚«™‚·‚½x‚ÌŽR–{Š°Ž‚ªŒê‚éƒAƒjƒƒrƒWƒlƒX‚ÌŒ»Ý (1/4)

i dunno if this translates very well w/ google translator but here's some of the highlights

>Your anime is always going to end up on Youtube. We're reaching the end of being able to sell home video. We're probably going to back to toy-funded business models of past: give anime away, try to sell toys.

>Black Rock Shooter was intended as this type of production. DVD sales are important, but most of the profit generated by the work will come from selling BRS and Dead Master dolls.

>Thanks to digital age, animation quality has never been higher. For BRS, I hired a genga man I've never met from Hokkaido, "mebae".

>We're currently experiencing a "quality bubble" in terms of animation due to loud sakuga otaku online, but good animation doesn't (mean) good sales! In fact, most people barely even notice good animation quality.

>Anime will probably go through another 90's again: there as a huge boom during the early 00's, but the amount of new studios created by that boom can't be sustained. There are way too many animators and too little new shows to give them work.
excuse the faggoty greentext bits but for the most part *heh* if you look at every successful animo in the later half of the 2000s sales/hype wise (animes that isn't fcuking baccano) have generally had a fairly expansive pvc statues/figma/revoltech toy line. (im looking at you, kyoani) in retrospect bandai has adopted the "getmoney off toy sales" model for the past 30 years now, and look at where they at.

the translation is mad funks but he discusses his relationship between mebae (he's the guy who drew that one funny illustration of a guy spoonfeeding a naked asuka water (nsfw?)) and himself, which is probs something complimenting/attesting to the power that the net has for doujin communities. well i think that's just a given and it's actually quite exciting

but basically what do u gay niggaz think??? yr animos are for the most part "being a 10yr old boy in the reagan era" pt. 2, but w/ animes. franks, this isn't entirely true for the west, because lots of the lower tier anime peoples i hang with *heh* watch animes based on recommendations (and because their favorite english voice actors are in it...) and not so much because of moes or toys. if they were suddenly aware of figmas and alter statues they would think they're overpriced or possibly just trivial to have, as opposed to those of us who grew up on the glorious nippon side of the street *rubs nose w/ index finger*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back