• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

••••

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
[discontinued, my apologies =[]

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: Delving into the series mythos

*claps*

Very well done and covers nearly all important points.
If there's anything missing I have yet to spot it mainly because I need to sort out all the provided knowledge.
The only thing I can name at a whim would be the "growing hearts" fact getting even more weight with Coded and Data-Sora as provided by both Mickey (with a speech in Re:Coded Hollow Bastion)/Coded Ultimania from Nomura and Rinzler in DDD.

It took me nearly an hour to read all that and made me again realize just how creative and intriguing the mysteries of the KH-verse really are but also how damn sloppy and lacking they are presented and explained in several parts.

You can make sense out of most of it (I'd say around 60%) with secret reports, but for true understanding you often need an interview as reinforcement for certain points.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Very nice, and I can see this as being a helpful referral for those who may be a little lost. I was thinking of doing a similar lore digest myself, to be honest. But I was gonna use a Pastebin. Kinda glad someone did the dirty work for me.

Though... it's a bit verbose, isn't it? To be perfectly honest I mostly skimmed but it seems the same could have been said with fewer words in many places.

And, perhaps each section could be spoiler'd, for ease of navigation ('cause holy hell those posts are real long).

ok sunny

Awards

Anagram, you're a very hard working person lol.

Anyway, thanks for making this. It's amazing to read and it makes sense, of course. So far, I've been reading this for about 1 hour and 30 minutes (I've been having breaks in between reading) and I'm only at chapter "Xion". I love reading these topics, but this is just truly something different.
Nice job, man.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Sweet Virgin Mew, this is long! It'll take me forever to read. Thank you for putting the hard work into doing this, Anagram!

Also, I must be psychic or something because this morning I was thinking that the site should have an encyclopedia or something, and here I go on the site and see it's been done!

Prince Enigma

Brilliantly put together, your attention to covering every minute detail of the mythos of this series is incredible!

That was a long (but wholly enjoyable!) read, and it does make you realise just how complex and complicated the series lore has become! I especially found your section on Xehanort useful, as I am constantly trying to figure out all his different incarnations origins and such, and I like your mentioning of the whole Voldemort and Horcrux thing! Glad I'm not the only one who saw the similarity there!

All in all a superb gathering of all the most important pieces of info on the mythos and lore of this series. You should be proud, I doubt there will be another encyclopedia like this that makes things seem easier to understand about the series universe.

Axel92

Awards

So, it took me an entire day to read and watch all of this because i've taken in small doses.
Considering the amount of time i spend on this forum and on KH in general i would have been very surprised to learn something new in this topic, so i'm very glad i knew all of this stuff.
However it has been a very good read and i think this can became our Holy Bible (i think even nomura would came here and read to remember xD)

Thank you Anagram, really appreciate!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Gotta say, it's been a while that I've seen something so in depth regarding the Kingdom Hearts series. Good work; hope your fingers aren't sore from all the typing like mine were while working on my finals paper. :)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Very well done and I'll need to really sit down and read it to get everything out of it in the future, finals are coming up ^_^ While it is long, the KH series isn't short and I find that if I need to reference again, I'll just skip directly to the subtitle in question so it's not like I'd have to read through the entire thing again just for a tidbit on time travel :)

Shogo-Kun

Awards

This looks interesting... I've been meaning to complete read up on the lore of Kingdom Hearts since I only have working plot knowledge, since I'm planning a Kingdom Hearts fan-fic. Though I might hold off on reading and indexing this until AFTER KH3 comes out.
Also, may I suggest eventually creating a PDF download version for further ease of access?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

This took me about an hour and a half to read. So much effort put into this. Honestly, I don't know how one can have the patience to put this all together. I liked the explanation on Sora and Riku concerning who the kingdom key belonged to. One of the few things I kept myself from hopping in on to argue in the past, because I didn't know all of the facts. I also didn't know about the kingdom hearts hidden behind the DTD in KH1 ending. Not only that, I'm surprised how death actually works in the KH universe. And lastly, I really do hope Namine gets explained by Nomura someday. Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this, Anagram. It had useful information I wanted to know about the KH universe. Might help better writing my stories too.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Glad everyone enjoyed it and find it helpful. ^_^

I also didn't know about the kingdom hearts hidden behind the DTD in KH1 ending.
Yeah it's hard to see, especially on original PS2. =3 Not sure if I added an image in the OP but here's one in case you've never noticed it before:
Kingdom_Hearts_is_Light_07_KH.png

See it behind the DtD? That's Ansem's false KH. 8D

EDIT::::::::::::::

I've edited the two OP's a bit downsizing the amount of words. (though given the posts size it may not seem it)

Last edited:

The Toketsukage

Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: A guide to the convolution & little known facts of the series

This was extremely helpful!! Fantastic job!! The only thing I really don't understand (Aside from the stuff Nomura has purposefully left unanswered) is how the recompilation process works. I get that hearts are freed from heartless and then rejoin the body+soul after the nobody is defeated, but what becomes of the body+soul upon the nobody's destruction. We see the organization members fade upon being defeated, so how does the body+soul end up going back to the heart? What happens to it during the period between the nobody's defeat and the whole person being reformed? And why is it that nobodies who were defeated at different times seem to return as humans at the same time, such as Ansem's apprentices returning as humans at the same time despite the fact that some, like Zexion, were defeated almost a year earlier than others, like Xaldin?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: A guide to the convolution & little known facts of the series

When going about the restoration process, one thing that is definitely to keep in mind is that a Nobody being in the equation does not only complicate the process but that it is also a very rare case.

Most people who lose their heart and become Heartless do not spawn a Nobody, in that case the body+soul simply disappear/vanish and are in suspension until the heart is freed by destroying the Heartless with a Keyblade (which is the only way to purify and truly free the heart).
Then they reunite.

When a Nobody is involved however, both it and the Heartless need to be vanquished making the whole issue more work and time-intensive, but the overall process is the same. Upon the destruction of the Nobody the body+soul vanish and fall into suspension just as if the Nobody was never created in the first place.
The more interesting and mysterious question would be what would happen to any eventual budding heart that the Nobody started to grow, although the example of Lea who has memories of Axel seems to suggest that any possible "heart-bud" gets integrated into the original heart upon recompletion.

The recompletion process was explained in the Director's Secret Report that came with KH 2 Final Mix (only in Japan of course!):
Nomura said:
VIII. When the heartless are defeated, what becomes of the stolen hearts? Also, when members of Organization XIII and other Nobodies are defeated, do they return to their original form?

When heartless are defeated, essentially the owner's hearts are rejoined with their once extenguished body, whichever world it may be on. As for the whereabouts of hearts in KHII that turn up, this time they remarkably went to the Organization (there is a foot note here that says "In Kingdom Hearts II after heartless were defeated, the many hearts were absorbed by the Kingdom Hearts of "people's hearts"). However, in the rare case that the body changed into a Nobody and when there is no container for the heart, it resorts to a state of suspension.

In the case of a Nobody being defeated, it's a little more complicated. If the above mentioned hearts are liberated, they return to their original form. However, if the heart is still stolen by the heartless, the Nobody's body is swallowed by darkness. If somewhere in the world their hearts are taken back, perhaps they might be able to return to their original human form.

As for why most of the former Organisation members came back at the same time, there exists no official(canon) explanation for it so far, but many people theorize that their hearts were originally part of Xemnas' artificial Kingdom Hearts and thus couldn't rejoin with their bodies and souls until Sora and Riku destroyed that KH at the very end of KH 2, finally freeing the hearts and allowing them to be recomplete the original personas.
Since the hearts were released at the same time (destruction of the artificial KH in KH2), the involved persons also awakened at the same time.

Gram

Banned
Awards

This was extremely helpful!! Fantastic job!! The only thing I really don't understand (Aside from the stuff Nomura has purposefully left unanswered) is how the recompilation process works. I get that hearts are freed from heartless and then rejoin the body+soul after the nobody is defeated, but what becomes of the body+soul upon the nobody's destruction.

Thanks, happy you found it helpful. ^_^ Was it easier to read? I had edited a great deal of it to make it smaller or more streamlined.

We see the organization members fade upon being defeated, so how does the body+soul end up going back to the heart? What happens to it during the period between the nobody's defeat and the whole person being reformed?

It's as Sephiroth0812 said if a nobody is destroyed before the heartless the body+soul go into suspension just like they would had a nobody not been born.
It works in reverse as well say a Heartless is felled before a nobody like with Ansem and Xemnas. In this case the heart is the one that waits suspended for the rest of it's being (body & soul) to return.

And why is it that nobodies who were defeated at different times seem to return as humans at the same time, such as Ansem's apprentices returning as humans at the same time despite the fact that some, like Zexion, were defeated almost a year earlier than others, like Xaldin?
Sadly this bit of information is like the issues with Namine being Nomura hasn't commented on that so I have no way of answering. To make it more confusing, not only did all the org nobodies defeated at different times reform at the same time but it also seems that only the original 8 have returned leaving what happened to members like Marluxia and Larxene unknown.

Also I thank you and Sephiroth0812, I knew I was forgetting something when I edited this the other day and that was to include the recompletion section of the thread. Dx
So thank you. ^_^

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Sadly this bit of information is like the issues with Namine being Nomura hasn't commented on that so I have no way of answering. To make it more confusing, not only did all the org nobodies defeated at different times reform at the same time but it also seems that only the original 8 have returned leaving what happened to members like Marluxia and Larxene unknown.

One can infer that it was because their hearts were in suspension, being held in Xemnas's constructed Kingdom Hearts. They woke up at the same time after its destruction, so, that's the most logical explanation.

Gram

Banned
Awards

One can infer that it was because their hearts were in suspension, being held in Xemnas's constructed Kingdom Hearts. They woke up at the same time after its destruction, so, that's the most logical explanation.

This is true and given what we know it's probably the best explanation. Though it does leave one to wonder what happened to members like Marluxia, Larxene and Demyx.

Sdog

Awards

Thank you so much for this, as someone who couldn't quite wrap their head around the whole time travel concept you made my understanding of it A LOT easier.

I know if I ever need a refresher on anything or need to tutor a friend on anything KH related this will be one of my main sources. Despite how lengthy it is, it is indeed necessary for this verse-monster Nomura has spawned.:tongue:

Again thank you.

411.gif

Gram

Banned
Awards

^ Thank you. ;A; I'm glad it was helpful, especially with the time travel.

Also just to let anyone who uses this know, I have been going back through it and editing it now and then to make it easier to read and somewhat shorter by taking out unnecessary words or sentences. (don't worry nothing I take out hinders the explanations)

So hopefully this helps any who use it or are still reading through it.

ImpZ

I am starting to think of Namine less as a weird nobody, and more of a replica. Like, somehow, she is a natural borne replica. I mean, how Xion affects memories, Namine does the exact same thing, but is much more stronger and potent then Xion. We don't even know how Vexen made his two Replica's. Perhaps due to the effects of Kairi and what have you, it created a natural Replica, Namine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back