• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

“I was today years old when I learnt...” - the personal KH discoveries thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It’s not a recent discovery for me but I was shocked when I found out you can do more than one reaction command in the solo fight against Xemnas in KH2.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I know this doesn’t count since it’s not in the games but I just loved this detail.

Mark Hamill’s first involvement in this series wasn’t the role of Eraqus, but the first Kingdom Hearts 1 commercial. It’s so obviously his voice and it elevates the feel of Kingdom Hearts.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Sorry I worded this weirdly.in kh1 after Sora says "A big black thing swollowed me up. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't..." Kairi smacks him on the head. In the original PS2 version you can clearly see her hand hitting his head but it's harder to see in the hd versions due to the aspect ratio.

Pestilence

Awards
Over the years KH1 has provided so many of these for me that I expected the well to run dry by now.

Well nope. Turns out when visiting Neverland Sora literally loses his shadow and only regains it after defeating the Shadow Sora boss. Your shadow will remain lost even if you exit the world. I never noticed it and the coolest part is that it's a great reference to the original Peter Pan movie.

okhi12

Awards
Over the years KH1 has provided so many of these for me that I expected the well to run dry by now.

Well nope. Turns out when visiting Neverland Sora literally loses his shadow and only regains it after defeating the Shadow Sora boss. Your shadow will remain lost even if you exit the world. I never noticed it and the coolest part is that it's a great reference to the original Peter Pan movie.
I didn't know that! The attention they put to little details in the first KH game never ceases to amaze me.

Bladekey

Awards
No.

You'd need to have a very keen eye to even see it in-game, and noclip only helps so much.
If you go to the castle gates in the noclip website and turn off the sky_0 layer, and look opposite the castle gates (look over to the area where the rising falls would be), you will be able to see the object.

Attachments

• KHHB.png
    KHHB.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 19

kaseykockroach

Awards
That you can freeze the bubbles in KH1 Hollow Bastion.

And learned just last week that a cutscene plays before you first leave Traverse Town, where you can talk to Leon about the dalmatians. They’re in the cave after that, so that scene can be missed!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Aside from the moving object in HB's sky (which you couldn't know simply from playing the game anyway), this is the only thing posted so far that's new to me. Something to keep an eye out for in my next playthrough! :D

AR829038

Awards
I wish they’d put nearly that much detail into current games.
To be fair to the developers, it's hard to put a lot of attention towards detail when your whole game gets kiboshed halfway through development because the higher ups make you switch to a new game engine. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of things in KH3 that Nomura had to scrap in order to get a finished product out within a reasonable span of time. I don't think we can fairly gauge the development team's eye for detail until the next game when they hopefully will have the time and space needed to play around with things like that.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
We have 20 years of games to know that level of detail has never happened again. Thankfully, 3D and 3 increased the scope of worlds and platforming opportunities, but that level of detail in KH1 has never been re-created. Part of the reason is a lot of that detail derived from how well-integrated the Disney properties were in that game and how they would utilize specific ideas from each film in gameplay / level design... Unfortunately, the Disney worlds'll never be that relevant or cared for again, it seems. :/

Last edited:
Back