• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

әnígmә

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Relatively new series running in JUMP at the moment, about 20 chapters have been released so far. I'm a bit sketchy due to the translators being a bit slow due to raws and stuff.

Been very well received in the rankings, getting high placings nearly every week and managed to get a mention in Bakuman a few weeks back.

11355.jpg

Haiba Sumio is a student at a Tokyo High School with an interesting ability... He occasionally falls asleep and wakes up with premonitions of the future written out on his "Dream Diary". With this ability, Sumio helps out people in trouble before anything bad happens, until one day when his peaceful life completely changes.

Its a really good series, its got elements in it that remind me of Shin Megami Tensei and that manga series Doubt that ran awhile ago. Of course it has Shounen elements in it, but its been a great read so far.

Enigma Manga - Read Enigma Online For Free

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I like this manga, but the first chapter was way too fast paced. Other than that though, it's pretty good.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
My interest is gathered.
speaking of which, you started Judge yet? Seems like it could be infinitely better.

Back on topic. The art actually looks pretty different for a Jump manga, but then again that's probably good. I'll check it out.

So I'm about done with chapter one. This is like a mix of the first chapter of deadman wonderland and Doubt.
Super rushed at the start, but then it works out alright from then on.
And this is probably discussed in a later chapter, but all of the people who gather meet when the Enigma appeared on the giant screen. I remembered because I thought the kid with the eyepatch looked odd and that it'd probably mean something later.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Its like if Doubt was running in Weekly Jump if you ask me, toned down and given shounen elements.

I haven't started reading Judge yet, I saw it hadn't got updated in awhile so decided to not read it until it started to get scanned again, knowing my memory I'd have to reread it when the next chapter arrived.

Yeah, that was the first thing that struck me about Enigma, the different art style. As for pacing of the first chapter, probably did go too quickly but the pace has slowed down somewhat since.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Also a giant plus I've realized.
This series probably won't drag out like 300+ chapters like lots of other Jump series, because Enigma stated it'd only last 72 hours. Stuff can still happen after that I guess, but still. It's promising. I don't like when series drag out forever.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
For some reason, the art reminds me of Shiki (except with more "normal" hairstyles).

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Completely caught up. Yeah, this is definitely one of my favorite Jump manga now. It feels way different than a normal one. I feel bad now that I've caught up though, kinda like Beelzebub. I gotta wait a week every time now for a new chapter.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Oh. I guess it wasn't mentioned yet.
Page 16 of chapter one. Check everybody.
enigma-1631200.jpg

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
19 and 20 are out.
Jesus, Aru's backstory is like the saddest yet. I love this manga.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Read the first chapter. Was looking forward to seeing how the dream diary ability would be used by the main character out in the real world and not inside a closed-off area in a SAW-like situation.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The only thing that I don't really like is that this series seems to suffer from designated protagonist syndrome.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I've been noticing that too. It's like this manga is trying to hard, saying "Look! This is the protagonist!". I think it's because he just always happens to be in the group that has to get the password at the time. He's never the one on the sidelines.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I think this series will only really take off once it comes down to them all showing off their abilities.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Aru is probably one of my favorite characters right now in this series. Dude is just so awesome.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Turns out it wasn't Enigma ringing up to troll. It was the next plot point.

Interested in seeing how this is going to influence how the series runs, I'm guessing now he's entered the school, he's a participant?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I'm more interested in the phantom handprint that he was looking at, since that was obviously what was on enigma's hand in the flash back to the previous game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back