• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

«Chibi's Journal of 1000 Cranes»

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I think it's high time I started one of these! Aiko's idea has gone over marvelously well, and I wanna be a part of it!

My journal will have (hopefully) 1000 entries, each corresponding with the writing on a paper crane. I want to create a senbazuru, which is a collection of 1000 paper cranes. Each crane will have a different phrase on it to make it unique. The cranes are usually hung in 40 rows of 25, but can be made differently if desired. The person making the senbazuru must finish it within the year, and have all 1000 paper cranes made by themself. If you follow these instructions, you get to make a wish!
Needless to say, I won't be making 1 crane a day, since the time limit is a year. So I will make as many senbazuru as it takes till my journal is complete! I'm hoping for 4, at least!

Here's how my journal will be set up:
I will quote or create a phrase for each crane in my first senbazuru. Each of these will be a journal entry. I then might say something that goes along with that entry's theme, or simply ask an opinion about it. Easy-peasy!

Here's hopin I reach 1000!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Crane 1

"...When I come to let us meet
With our usual words on the usual street."
~Chain of Memories~

I simply love this poem. We've all had to leave someone in our lives at one time. Can you think of anyone this poem applies to for YOU? If you were to meet again, what do you think would happen? Would time keep moving on as things return to normal, or would the circumstances be different?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This one strikes a deep cord in me. A lot of time has passed that I've almost convinced myself this person doesn't exist anymore. Despite all of that, should I ever into this person again in the near future; I'm not sure how I'll react. I might not recognize my own flesh and blood. Even if we were to meet by Fate. I'll keep moving forward because, I'm not the same person they once knew. Sure, I could gain some more closure by seeing them again. But you know what? Sometimes it's best to leave things unsaid. A mystery without answers is something I can live with.

However, it's only right I give them their closure too. But, I'd like to think, I gave them their closure over a year ago.

Nice to see you finally started a journal too, Chibi. :) Hurray 1st post.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I always liked those poems at the end of CoM~ Though is it bad if I say I can't think of anyone it applies to with me. ;A;
The first part of the post confused me. xD

Shasta

Awards
OOOO~ You opened up a journal!

That quote though...hmm. I'm sure that I would continue on. Gotta keep treading that road despite what happens along it.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
I've parted ways with people saying we'll be in touch..... but we never do. Makes me sad when I think they've replaced them. But I still remember them, always. #9 is here!

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Crane 2

"I will write peace on your wings, and you will fly all over the world."

~Sadako Sasaki~

I wanna explain my signature quote a bit. Sadako was a Japanese girl that was in Hiroshima when the nuclear bombs went off. Although she had no signs of exterior damage, Sadako later developed leukimia. This was very common to develop because of how the radiation affected the kids. She decided to make a senbazuru after she was diagnosed so that she could make a wish. She put all of her wishes into her cranes. She died in her early teens from the disease, but her idea of looking towards a brighter future was adopted, and not many people make them for the wishes anymore. They're made as GIFTS of well-wishing, kept at temples to promote luck. The senbazuru is an icon that symbolizes the journey towards a goal, and how hard it may be to achieve. It may even be impossible. But we still try.

So tell me: What are your goals? Do you have a dream?

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's a very beautiful story. To bad the poor girl died so young ;-;

I've never really ever had any dreams or goals honestly. I'd be perfectly happy being able to get a decent job and moving out on my own. But sadly with todays economy and system one cant make a living that way anymore. Even college people have trouble job hunting now.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
That's an sad story.. ;_;

I had so many dreams and one of them was to work at Wal-Mart store, but I guess as time went on, my dream changed. I am just going with the flow of life and if something good happens to me, that's good. If not, another way will pop to me. :)

My real one is to start a family and have a good decent job with decent money. :) It'll take me years, but hey, nothing is going to stop me from reaching it.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
That's sad. Poor girl. But my dreams? They're secret. >:3 I'll say this, they mean a lot to me and are at the root of everything else.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've read the book. I didn't cry but, I know a few family members of mine who have.

Dreams... Goals...

I can't say I've ever had one growing up. At one point, I would of envied those who knew what they wanted out of life. I'm kind of glad that I don't feel that way anymore. I have mix feelings on this because, I have two reasons why.

One: I do have a goal in mind that I want more than anything in this world. Definitely worth fighting and dying for. To some, it may be silly, maybe even futile, but I won't let that stop me from pursing it. I won't run away from this goal I have either. I won't share what it is but, I hope to make this goal my future and my reality.

Two: I'm not the type of person to usually strive for something in life. I'm not like everyone else who wants to be remembered in this world. I quit things halfway through because, that's the kind of person I am. Which goes against what I stated above. Including my own personal nature. Only in certain circumstances, would I ever work my damn hardest to achieve what I want in this life. It may not make sense to all of you but, that's okay with me.

Shasta

Awards
The girl died so young...it's heartbreaking really.

Dreams and goals? I have a few of those...I want to build a legacy for myself and my family. I want to own my own gaming company and compete in the gaming industry. I want to have the ability to be my own person in life and not rely on others, which applies to what I want to do in life, which is creating my own games and not being tied down by the regulations of other companies. I really want Paradox to see its way out of my head and into some form of real media. This is a bit of a stretch, but I also want to found an Arts program/school that helps out anyone who wishes to perform any type of art (music, drawing, all the like) but cannot because of monetary issues, or situations in life. I want people to be able to fulfill their dreams.

These may be near impossible, but I want my dreams to become a reality.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Alright! I hope you haven't been waiting for this entry with baited breath; cuz you'd be dead by now. ;D

Cranes 3, 4, 5, & 6

"See no evil."
"Hear no evil."
"Speak no evil."
"Do no evil."
~Asian Proverb~

A lot of people do not know of the existence of the last part of the phrase. There could be many reasons why, of course. In the Tibetan version, there are 4 monkies. One covers his eyes. One covers his ears. Another covers his mouth. But the last one? He sits on his hands.
Maybe this simple gesture is just too childish, but I appreciate the lesson taught by that last monkey.

So the question is: When have you felt naughty, JUST like that last monkey? ;)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I was aware of the last part of the phrase but not of the fourth monkey.
I always found the saying quite deep really for it's true at it's core.

I've felt naughty before but, whether good thing or bad, I can't say I've always felt guilty as well. >u>

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I'm like Grams: I felt naughty and sometimes I felt guilty for something. :/

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I wasn't aware of the fourth monkey but, I've heard the phrase through the media countless times.

I won't deny that I've felt guilty on certain things, because, I've taken the last Mountain Dew for myself a few times. Nothing real extreme.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Cranes 7-17

"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come."

~William Shakespeare (Julius Caesar {2.2.34})~

In this phrase from Shakespeare's play, Julius Caesar; it is wondered why people fear death. Those who are afraid know defeat, and being a defeated craven in Rome meant you were as good as dead. So, fearing death would be worse than embracing it.
I'm not asking if anyone here fears death. That's a ridiculous question, in my opinion. My qusetion is:
Why do you THINK people fear dying?​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back