• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. J

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker got a PS3 revamp when the PSP was still Sony's main handheld. They'll probably wait another two years before releasing KH2.5, and will include KH2, BbS, as well as the cutscenes from re:coded and 3D. That way, people can still catch up on the story, but won't get...
  2. J

1.5 HD Remix Announcement Said To Apply To Japan Only By SE Rep

I was specifically listing Square games whose Japanese revamps were released worldwide, since that's the category Final Mix falls under. I'd rather compare this pack as a whole to other previous-generation re-releases, but Square hasn't ever released one of those before. Final Fantasy X HD was...
  3. J

1.5 HD Remix Announcement Said To Apply To Japan Only By SE Rep

Faith is nice and all (George Michael is decidedly not), but history is against us on the matter: FF7 International? Worldwide. FF10 International? Japan and Europe only. FF10-2 International + Last Mission? Japan only. KH Final Mix? Japan only. DoC International? Worldwide. KH2 Final Mix...
  4. J

Cropped Cutscenes

Re: Discussion: Cropped Cutscenes The basic point still stands: if a couple nerds can do that much with nothing but a retail copy of the game and some elbow grease, it would be child's play for Square to produce a non-cropped widescreen version when they have access to all of the original...
  5. J

Cropped Cutscenes

Re: Discussion: Cropped Cutscenes The following argument is made on the assumption that the trailer accurately portrays the visuals of the game. No, there was a third option: widen the "camera lense" by 16.7% on both the left and right during gameplay, resulting in a 16:9 picture that isn't...
  6. J

News ► KH 1.5 ReMIX Trailer Released!

Ah, I see. "Pre-rendered" means the system is just playing a video file, like the opening Utada music videos from KH and KH2. In other words it, was rendered previously and is just being played back now. "In-game" means that the individual models and elements are being manipulated as you watch...
  7. J

But aren't the cutscenes from KHFM rendered on the fly? I thought only ReCoM had primarily FMV cutscenes.
  8. J

Good idea. Nomura needs to know that his life depends on us getting this game.
  9. J

Well, first off, I'm hoping we even get it outside of Japan in the first place. After that, I hope I've found my lazy butt a job by then, because it just occurred to me that I should probably get a PS3. Not having one might impede my enjoyment of the product.
  10. J

...Oops. Sorry. I never watched much Avatar (but I somehow got roped into seeing the Shyamalan film; joy).
  11. J

This is a discussion forum. We need "annoyed" people who don't just praise everything, otherwise there wouldn't be any discussion. A negative reaction to the cropping is perfectly valid from an artistic standpoint (seriously, film editors have been strung up for doing this kind of thing)...
  12. J

Re: KH 1.5 ReMix Trailer Released! While a lot of people (probably most) don't mind one way or the other, altering a work's aspect ratio is objectively a bad thing. It destroys the intended composition of the shot by the director. Rather than cutting off the top and bottom of the picture, I...
  13. J

Has anyone here actually played the 2004 mobile game?

I never did have a phone capable of playing it, and the release was so low-profile that information on anything past the first level is almost non-existent. If anyone played it through to the end, could you be so kind as to tell me what the story was after Sora uses the raft to leave...
Back