• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. L

Cogs In A Machine

Those of you who follow me on Tumblr either will or will have already seen this. Idk, I felt inspired to make a poem about science and shit. When we were cavemen life was simple. Simplicity is always happy. Then we burned fires that lit the road to intellect and innovation— a path of pride...
  2. L

i am not thinking about space

or water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVIMJ2PL_8Y&feature=aso
  3. L

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

Simplify the fraction? 400 and 64 have a common factor of 16, which when you divide both by gives you 25 and 4 respectively.
  4. L

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

The way I do it is: 1. Express it in the form 1 to a/b 2. Multiply by b to give b:a Let's do 64 to 400 as an example because I'm too lazy to do the others. Make it 1 to 400/64 Which is the same as 1 to 25/4 Multiplying by 4 gives 4 to 25 (or 4:25) Tada! Now you try.
  5. L

Help/Support ► Last names

Ah, that's 90% of the hassle gone. Go for it.
  6. L

Help/Support ► Last names

Name changes involve a lot of paperwork, and you can get many headaches with things like travel documents and identification and academic certificates, to name a few. If it's not distressing you, just keep it.
  7. L

Help/Support ► Application Questions

Re: College Essay Advice from my university counsellors back in the day: make it a story. Remember these admin guys have to sift through mountains of application essays. They're gonna be bored as fuck. Make yours different by making it a story. It's personal, it gets the point across, and it's...
  8. L

Masturbation is more tragic than a tsunami

Damn That's Whack - Louis C.K. Defends Masturbation on This Week “And later I’m gonna masturbate and I’m gonna think about you. And there’s nothing you can do about it.”
  9. L

Summarize that thing!

Okay, so I'm totally stealing this from I Ain't Got Time to Read That, but it seemed like a really good forum game! Basically, you give the title of a book, a movie, comic, game, website, concept, whatever; and the next person gives a quick summary. Maybe a sentence -- a paragraph at most. I'll...
  10. L

CLASSICAL CONDITIONING AWESOMES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo7jcI8fAuI&feature=player_embedded
  11. L

Gone to purgatory

for six days starting tomorrow. No AC, no phone, no Internet. ugh Sorry for any unreplied VMs/PMs, absences from RPs, and the rest of it. I'll get back to you when I get back. Stay awesome, guys.
  12. L

Inconsequential Nice Things

Seeing as we have a thread for inconsequential complaints, we should have a thread that counterbalances the negativity. Here, post stories about the seemingly meaningless acts of benevolence without any ulterior motive, either you've done for others or others have done for you, that nonetheless...
  13. L

Help/Support ► Tonsiliths

Loads of people have it done and experience no symptoms. My mum had her tonsils removed a few years back, and she's had no throat infections (or if she did, her remnant immunity was enough for complete neutralization). But as always, check with your doctor before you go through with the...
  14. L

Help/Support ► I injured my asshole father

Personal opinion: yes, you stepped over the line; you should not have broken your father's finger; it is extremely poor judgment. You didn't need to break anything or seriously injure anyone to defend yourself from this attack. There are many ways you can subdue tension -- with or without...
  15. L

Help/Support ► Memory Master: The Story of How I Got Justice

Re: Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty God help you if you truly believe that a book deal, a movie and money can even begin to lift the emotional weight of losing a child. The media exaggerates, and it also skews the truth -- that's no secret. Paraphrasing the biases is neither going to shed new...
  16. L

Happy Birthday, King Sora X!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFh-rX_Sfhs Bring in the big two-zero with a bang! :D
  17. L

Inspiration

Some people are lucky enough to find inspiration in everything they come across; others find it entirely in themselves and they're even luckier; but far too many of us simply can't find am inspiration that matches our burning desire to create, and we end up not creating anything at all. This is...
  18. L

Help/Support ► Prom problem

Sounds like you see the positives in every choice, which is good because any choice you make is unlikely to leave you disappointed, but it adds an extra layer of difficulty to calling a decision. The first question you have to ask yourself is which party you'd rather be in. If the original...
  19. L

McFaeces: I'm loving it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u1N6QfuIh0g Japan scientist synthesizes meat from human feces Born of noble intentions, and no doubt an interesting angle from which to approach the global food crisis, but would you personally eat it? In sixth grade, when my school...
  20. L

Help/Support ► Diet

Actually, in terms of potency, isolated vitamins and minerals are far better than anything nature can cook up. If you want your vitamin C, nothing gets it into your system faster than a 1,000 mg tablet. However, a concentrated one time shot is not the most effective way to get your vitamins...
Back