• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Siren

Podcast Logo

Best viewed, I dunno. You could just follow this link. Comments? Also, I know it's Helvetica Neue. I'm sorry. At least not ALL of it's Helvetica, right? I have some Menlo in there (the 'happened' bit, for those of you that can't see the difference)
  2. Siren

Favicon

Decided to make one for myself with Pixelmator. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out; enough to run it on my site, anyway. Here's a blown up view: I might smooth it out later (Pixelmator 2 is going to be my best friend) but, as I said, for now I'm content. Comments, criticisms? And...
  3. Siren

Favicon and possible logo design

[NOTE: CLOUD BEST GET HIS ASS IN HERE MENG] So, today I finally posted to my new site: Nathaniel Mott - Journal. As you may have noticed, the favicon is kinda...gross. It's SquareSpace's default favicon, and I'm looking to change it. If anyone is interested in talking with me about developing...
  4. Siren

improving photos within aperture (not that it really matters wtf)

So I went ahead and tried to 'spice up' a photo of my girlfriend and our nephew at the zoo, here's the shot: I was trying to emphasize the light on both of them, and the right side is the water (we were in a viewing thing for sea lions and a polar bear) so if you want you can ignore that the...
  5. Siren

Taoists/Buddhists?

I've been reading into these different belief-sets, and I'm wondering if any members here follow either one (or both) or are knowledgeable enough to have an informer conversation. I'm still reading through a good deal of text from various websites, but knowledge is best gained through...
  6. Siren

One of the most original things I've seen in a long time.

Kill Screen - Infinity Blade Review Read that review. Pay attention, after you hit the 'bloodline' button. What that man did with a review for a simple, repetitive (but still fun) mobile game is simply fantastic. Best review I've read, of anything. Do it.
  7. Siren

logo for DMI

Tried my hand at this; didn't want to do too much with it, but I knew that I wanted 'illustrated' to be more human than 'digital media'. dmi logo.psd That's the PSD, I tried saving a GIF or JPEG of the file but they look like shit (and, with the transparent background, would be practically...
  8. Siren

Sleeping with Sirens- Let's Cheers to This

Annoying title aside--seriously, I don't understand why they added the 's' to Cheer--this album is really, really solid if you're into Pierce the Veil/Broadway. Definitely better than their first release. Anyone else been listening?
  9. Siren

went to the zoo today

Had a good time; got some shots that I thought turned out fairly well. Everything taken with my iPhone 4 and Instagram.
  10. Siren

icon color test

Designing something, and I'd like the primary color to be orange. Those are some examples of icons; really what I'd like comments on is the color, as I used PS default shapes for the heart+mail icons, and I'll go into Illustrator and make my own later. Colors good? Decent outline? edit: by...
  11. Siren

Kindle

I'm making what I'm (lovingly) referring to as a 'Kindllection' of short stories. And, I would like all of you to go ahead and 'vote' for what your favorite story--or stories--of mine are. The plan is, obviously, to get it on the Kindle store; depending on the number of stories I end up...
  12. Siren

Dropbox

If you aren't using this yet, and you ever have to use more than one computer, you really should be. It's a cloud-syncing service that gives you 2GB of storage for free, and if you do referrals, you can get even more free space. There are paid options as well. This might sound like an...
  13. Siren

virgin.

The first time that I lost my virginity was the day after Christmas. It was with a guy that I barely new named something. I had told him the night before that I planned on losing my virginity, and the first thing he said was "Show some respect. You'll stay a virgin until after Jesus'...
  14. Siren

Radiant Historia

Looks like a 16-bit RPG and has gotten great reviews across the board. The fact that it's from Atlus doesn't hurt either, so I'm thinking it'll be my next video-game purchase. Anyone else played?
  15. Siren

Go Radio

Jason Lancaster. Best singer-songwriter-guitar player in pop/rock today. New CD out on the first called Lucky Street and it's streaming on Myspace. Do it.
  16. Siren

Tech ► Apple: iPad 2, OS X Lion (it's gonna be a good year)

In August, I bought a 13" Macbook Pro for school, and the thing has completely changed my way of thinking about how a computer should feel and work. On top of that it restored the faith (or, maybe, created it) that I had in Apple from a consumer's stand point. I'd always heard that Apple was...
  17. Siren

memory

I had been walking that day, down by the marina and back to my house over and over, almost like I was pacing but across a couple miles. I had started fairly early in the morning, right after breakfast with my wife and right before I would usually head off to work. In case you’re interested it...
  18. Siren

the autumn sound

part one I watched as the leaf fell, dancing through the air with each pirouette bringing it closer to the earth. I remember that the tree was bare, its bark twisted and warped with age and blackened from fire. Roots were exposed along the ground, winding around each other at times and other...
  19. Siren

poems/songs

and here i thought welfare was where people went to show off all their artesian beauties forget the fact that i threw a brick through a window to get here, that i tied around it with barbed wire that said 'from russia, with love' even though i don't know how to write that backwards language...
  20. Siren

At The Skylines

At The Skylines - Musician/Band - Genre: Alternative / Hardcore / Rock - Hometown: Redlands, CA | Facebook Fantastic band with an amazing clean vocalist that easily rivals some of the best in the scene. The instrumentals are also pretty good, the screams are great, but the death growls are...
Back