• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. G

NaNoWriMo (It's that time again!)

National Novel Writing Month Who's up for it this year? I copped out last November, but I swear to God (and this is more of a self promise than anything) I'm going to start and finish it this year. If anyone else it up to 50k words in a months, I want to keep this an active thread for...
  2. G

Fanfiction ► The KHI Best Author 2008 (getting ready for a poll)

This isn't going to work well, unless you want to have 30 people in the poll. I would suggest a nomination system, where each person nominates somebody else, not themselves. (Crap, I haven't actually written anything this year...) That said, I nominate ASG.
  3. G

Fanfiction ► Shines One Year After: Book 1

MUCH better. This story is a lot easier to read now. I really like the maxim-corrupting guy a lot. Say...this really reminds me of Dune, what with the monopolizing travel system. Were you inspired by that at all? It's basically training mode. Fanfiction is a great way for someone to perfect...
  4. G

Don't get me wrong, it was definitely an enjoyable read. But it would've been clearer without quite as much vocabulary.
  5. G

I read Chapter One. Awright. I can tell this is a story that a lot of work was put into! That's always nice to see. Your vocabulary is huge; something I usually advocate, but in this case, it's the biggest problem I have with the story. The language seems forced, as though you're deliberately...
  6. G

Fanfiction ► Need help with creating a character for a story and what not

Patience, my friend. I'm writing up on Three Dimensional as we speak.
  7. G

Fanfiction ► Heroes: Legends (Sign Ups)

Name: God Age: About 14.6 billion years Gender: N/A Appearance: N/A Personality: Sadistic. Occupation: Answering prayers, showing his wrath, creating the universe Ability: Mastery over time and space. Location: Everywhere. History: He created the universe in six days, and he's been resting ever...
  8. G

Fanfiction ► Three Dimensional: A Character Building Workshop

You're saying you plan on doing the homework portion. I obviously don't care if you don't, though. I'm back from a one week summer course at Purdue University. I'll get this thing underway.
  9. G

Certainly. And 'character advancement', if I'm interpreting it correctly, will be one of the main points of this guide.
  10. G

My friend, you have much, much, much to learn.
  11. G

I'm not sure what sort of assistance I could really be given, though I'll keep your offer in mind. Thanks!
  12. G

I've been on this forum for a while now. Not as long as some of you old geezers, but long enough to understand most of the work that gets posted here. Most of it really is the same. Let's say that the average poster Sam writes a fanfiction and posts it up on the forum. Here is my critique of...
  13. G

Fanfiction ► Want some critique on your writings?

GOD DAMNIT STARLIGHT, STOP ADVERTISING YOUR STORIES IN EVERY THREAD YOU SEE.
  14. G

Fanfiction ► Suggestions Chat...

I'll be back at IRC again tonight, because very few people came last night. Maybe we should set up a specific time for this.
  15. G

You know, let's try this now. Just to see if anything comes of it. If you're on now, come on in! I'm using IRC. Server is irc.cluenet.org, channel is #khinsider. For those of you unfamiliar with IRC: 1. Go to Mibbit.com Webchat 2. In the box reading "connect to IRC", scroll down to "Other...
  16. G

Instead of AIM, I'd make it IRC. It's a whole lot easier and more stable when you're dealing with a bunch of different people. Not to mention you can access it from the Internet without having to make an account. And if there was a way to integrate it into the site chat, that would be great...
  17. G

The Werewolf Game

Alright, this is a project different from anything I've ever written before. I think I'll be working on this for many months, maybe even years. With luck, it'll come out as something publishable, so I'm putting a lot of work into it. I might go weeks at a time without any new updates or...
  18. G

Fanfiction ► The Legend of Link

Great! Really, really great. Remember that ladder? You've got I, II, III, and IV pretty much down. All I can do now is nitpick. Link saying "Get with it old man!" to an elder he clearly respects seems a bit OOC. Also...well, nevermind, that's pretty much all that came to my mind. I didn't know...
  19. G

Fanfiction ► Virus

Finally found this! Here's my ladder; I. Grammar/Mechanics II. Plot Structure and Depth III. Vocabulary/Higher Mechanics/Description/Literary Devices IV: Character Construction and Depth V: Integration and Mastery I. Your grammar's pretty good. You're a bit sparing with your commas, though...
  20. G

Fanfiction ► War Never Changes

I didn't get 'war never changes' as the message, personally. I got more of an idea of the horrors of war, nuclear war in particular, and the fleeting aspects of the human race, that we could be destroyed and replaced very quickly. That's where I find the beauty stemming from. 'war never changes'...
Back