• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Deliverance

Sora from Kingdom Hearts announced as a new DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

We now live in a world where Sora plays better in a crossover party fighter than in his own games. Beyond hyped.
  2. Deliverance

Kingdom Hearts Series PC Modding Thread

As someone who doesn’t really like playing 3, these mods are really cool. I’d love to try these out. Personally, they look pretty bland and I doubt they’ll age well. The 2D portraits in the other games still look great. Imagine if they had used CG renders in KH1😬.
  3. Deliverance

You know what'd be sick? A Kingdom Hearts remake

Obviously if someone really cares about a game, they’ll go through whatever lengths to play it. That doesn’t mean the casual rando next door will. Say a guy wants to get into 3D Sonic games starting with Adventure 1. What do you think is more likely? Him scouring the internet for some Dreamcast...
  4. Deliverance

It’s very generic in fact. It’s the same moe art design present in every single run of the mill anime game of the past 10 years. Simply compare the character art for the leads of 1 and 2 (which DE is obviously based on) and the difference is clear as day: The first is a more realistic...
  5. Deliverance

So does it’s generic new art style. I’m sorry but I genuinely don’t understand why you’d wanna play an inferior version of a game you like. That sounds like a giant waste of time, not just for the player but for the developers as well. I’d rather they spend their time making a game people will...
  6. Deliverance

The intentions behind them don’t really matter considering most remakes end up being worse games overall. 7R in particular might be the most exploitative remake ever made. Splitting the game into parts? Turning it into an action game? How does any of that pay respect to the original? I’ve...
  7. Deliverance

Amazing how many remakes utterly fail to surpass the originals, yet people keep asking for more.
  8. Deliverance

How DID the organization find out about Sora and Riku's exploits?

Plot, baby. It’s all the power of plot.
  9. Deliverance

Spoilers ► I'm Pleasantly Surprised by this Place's Critical Nature

I think gameplay discussion still has a ways to go. It’s ridiculous how people can write literal essays about how the story isn’t the most well written literary work ever made, but you can’t go deep into combat without being strawmaned into oblivion.
  10. Deliverance

Top 10 Worst Characters

Only 10?
  11. Deliverance

Do you prefer to own physical or digital version of games?

Physical because you actually own them.
  12. Deliverance

Xion was pointless on purpose theory

Being passive for the whole game and doing a 180 right at the end isn’t character development. Questions like why he has the Keyblade, who his Somebody was, and why the Org is doing what they’re doing are presented at the very start of the story. But it’s not until the very last days that he...
  13. Deliverance

Not sure how you got that impression from that scene. He was talking about the experiments he wrote about in the original Ansem reports. KH isn’t subtle. If he had turned intentionally, the game would’ve told you. And how does Sora’s reaction make Xemnas’ plan bad? That’s more a problem with...
  14. Deliverance

Is This Common For Modern Games?

TLOU isn’t really a good counter example because while those games do have hours and hours of cutscenes, they’re also incredibly scripted and linear. It’s all about priorities. Their direction is narrowly focused. If you’re making a game that has giant levels, RPG stat bullshit, open world...
  15. Deliverance

Wasn’t Days the game that said the Org intentionally turned themselves into Nobodies? I don’t recall that ever being mentioned in 2 (though I agree it’s hilariously stupid either way). As far as his actual plan goes, there was nothing dumb about it. It was a moral dilemma. It literally did not...
  16. Deliverance

Well you’re definitely right about that. Days sure did change my perception of the Org. In 2 they were actually somewhat sympathetic. They were the bad guys but at least you could see where they were coming from, and the game let you decide as to whether their actions were justified or not. In...
  17. Deliverance

People really acting like Xion has some unique character arc when it’s basically just a copy-paste of Roxas’ story from KH2. -Special Nobody with amnesia -Has dreams about Sora’s adventures -Goes out on her own to investigate -Meets Namine who exposits her origin -Fights Axel who want to...
  18. Deliverance

Is This Common For Modern Games?

It’s mostly common to RPGs because they have an absurd amount of cutscenes. It’s just impossible for them to animate every single scene by hand.
  19. Deliverance

What are some things that you wish weren’t in the games?

Most of the FM cutscenes were honestly pretty bad but this one is undoubtedly the worst. And the one that plays right after involving Zexion and Xigbar is up there too.
  20. Deliverance

Kingdom hearts with its quickly moving cutscene into gameplay....

Personally I think seamless cutscene-to-gameplay transitions are really boring and played out. I love KH2’s energetically directed intros that play before scripted fights. Too bad they got pretty lame in the following games. As for why, it was probably for the same reason they took out the...
Back