• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Launchpad

KH and FF7 Rebirth are hard to compare

This might be an odd point of comparison, but I've been comparing Rebirth in my mind to the core KH experience a lot, and what I've concluded is this-- FF7 Rebirth has great extrinsic motivation, whereas Kingdom Hearts has great intrinsic motivation. I don't find any one piece of gameplay in...
  2. Launchpad

Will he say his name? (Fun discussion)

https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php?threads/will-donald-duck-verbally-say-xigbar-a-betting-pool.217741/ Many years ago, I made a bet with one of the worst posters on this website, Ashton69, that Donald would say Xigbar's name in Kingdom Hearts 3-- This seemed, at the time, like a safe...
  3. Launchpad

10 Years of Launchpad...?!?

Good lord. It's been a decade since I hopped on here and started whinging, gatekeeping, and being a mischievous little scamp. I am now old, gray, and my feeble eyes can barely make out the font on this website, but know this-- I am not done yet. When KH4 news starts circulating, I will rise up...
  4. Launchpad

Well-Rounded Characters in KH

I went in on this in another thread, but thought it might be an interesting topic. Of the thirteen characters featured on the Kingdom Hearts III box art, only Sora, Axel, Donald, and Goofy tend to display a believable range of emotions and reactions to the things that happen in the story. We...
  5. Launchpad

October Appreciation

God, what a sick month. The joy of October is pretty infectious, wouldn't you agree? There's no masking it, October has been so positive so far.
  6. Launchpad

Terra, Ven, and Aqua observation

I think it's some really classic Kingdom Hearts writing, that after blundering their way through BBS and each befalling a terrible fate and being lost for years, Terra, Ven, and Aqua's first post-KH3 adventure together is looking for Sora in the Realm of Darkness. A place that we, the audience...
  7. Launchpad

Playable Kairi Sequence? Maybe? Probably Not?

Replayed the Re:Mind scenario and it made me suspicious. The team put a lot of effort into Kairi. KH3 + Re:Mind gave us new playable characters in Riku, Roxas, and Kairi (Aqua was already developed in 0.2), but it's interesting to see that Riku and Roxas feel a lot more basic and rudimentary...
  8. Launchpad

(Rumor) Kingdom Hearts Show Reportedly In Development For Disney Plus

A new rumor was recently shared with We Got This Covered that a Kingdom Hearts show may be in development for Disney Plus. SOURCE: We Got This Covered Thoughts on this rumor? I don't know why but I have this weird fear that they'd recast Sora and get some comedian or e-famous teen to do it. I...
  9. Launchpad

KH3 Cutscenes are Too Long

That's really the thread, but in short, KH3 cutscenes are horrendously long and certain sections of the game have way too many scenes in a row. Defeating Vanitas as Aqua triggers a series of scenes that feels almost unending. You get - The guardians of light in Yen Sid's tower - Aqua and Ven...
  10. Launchpad

Ranking the Data Battles!

Now, let it be known that I thought every single data battle was incredible, but some obviously soared above others in terms of enjoyment and difficulty. In my mind, harder does not always equal better, and I prefer a fight to be satisfying and well constructed than just relentlessly tough...
  11. Launchpad

The game is actually fun now

I woke up happy because Re:Mind and Patch 1.09 saved Kingdom Hearts III. They improved so many things about basic combat that it's actually ridiculous. Patch 1.09 was worth the price of admission on its own. The new combo abilities make Sora feel snappy and responsive. His new finisher, Final...
  12. Launchpad

Did Beast use the Power of Waking to get to Hollow Bastion?

Thread title. KH1 describes that Beast was essentially so pissed off about losing Belle that he followed her heart to another world when his was destroyed. Lil' Xehanort says that the Power of Waking is used to traverse worlds via hearts. Is it something only wielders can use, or is it just a...
  13. Launchpad

Hold up-- We can say the f word now?

Listen, I'm flattered but I was really just kidding around when I campaigned for this a few years ago. You didn't have to do this specifically for me! Asides aside, anything interesting prompt this decision? Is it just the new software being tricky? In any case, knowing that the diddly filter...
  14. Launchpad

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

May Arthur Morgan bless you on October 26th... Pre-load for digital copies of this game is beginning today, and I was curious to see how many of you are getting this? Odds are it'll be one of the most technically ambitious games of the generation, so I'm looking forward to seeing how all its...
  15. Launchpad

Gravity Falls is finally in KINGDOM HEARTS III!

In response to the constant outcry for Gravity Falls to be included (against all reason) in KH3, I have written and voiced a short trailer. https://vocaroo.com/i/s18SLdZfpTcF I'd say enjoy, but that's a foregone conclusion.
  16. Launchpad

I Just Want To Say...

That it is very heartwarming how internationally collaborative the development and advertising has been for KH3. Sometimes the East gets trailers first, and sometimes we hear the English cast before the Japanese cast. It's awesome that we have more statesode artists collaborating with SE on...
  17. Launchpad

BH6 World Too Ambitious?

I figured that this might be an interesting topic as long as people don't take criticism of the game personally. With the amazing recent trailers of KH3, I've found one little concern with the game. I'm of the opinion that San Fransokyo ain't lookin' too good. There's a reasonable explanation...
  18. Launchpad

butts in Kingdom Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F12NR-_ftZs I can't post this in creative media or anything because it's complete horrible trash and I can't believe that I spent 35 minutes doing this. Upon posting this I came to the realization that legitimately no one should be willing to sit through this...
  19. Launchpad

LAUNCHPAD YOUTUBE CHANNEL <3

Like many banal people before me, I have decided to sell my soul to the devil and make a Kingdom Hearts channel on Youtube, and I've also set up Twitter and will make an instagram for art soon! I've thought about this for a very long time; I am extremely grateful for the people on here who have...
  20. Launchpad

Billy Zane recalls playing Ansem, sketches him from memory

Didn't see any posts on here about this, and I thought it was interesting and also a little sad. https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/9crv2a/kh1_rare_opportunity_with_billy_zane/ A fan was able to approach Billy Zane, voice of Ansem in KH1, and ask him about the character. Not only...
Back