• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. KingdomKurdistan

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

Uh yeah? From the way you write that it’s like you think that’s some outlandish thing from a series that has thrived on doing just that. That’s the problem. The medium is the message and this medium doesn’t mesh with “the KH3 style”. Here it looks generic and nothing like KH3, which, although...
  2. KingdomKurdistan

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

Graphics are improved in fidelity but not in style. KHUX had distinctive art direction. COM had distinctive art direction. True both were down to hardware constraints but still, they made something of them. This just looks bland and unimaginative in comparison.
  3. KingdomKurdistan

SE reveals new KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link information

Did anyone manage to download the video before it was removed?
  4. KingdomKurdistan

Several Western Square Enix Studios Acquired by Embracer Group

Damn. I was hoping they'd get involved with KH. Excellent work on the Avengers game (for starters). The art direction, animation, writing and acting was all so darn good.
  5. KingdomKurdistan

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

UE5 bodes well for the lighting and texture issues. Also the full backwards compatibility with UE4. Hopefully helps with concerns that SE is so incompetent that upgrading an eight year old engine is beyond their capabilities as a developer. The fact so many people are genuinely concerned about...
  6. KingdomKurdistan

Kingdom Hearts 20th anniversary screenshots and logos

Yeah the old one had a sense of grandeur and prestige. The new one screams teen edge. I don't mind the IV, though.
  7. KingdomKurdistan

I swear I'm not trying to be flippant but I just don't care about the plot specifics of whether it's a purgatory or an afterlife in the literal sense. For me the thematic considerations on subjectivity, memory and trauma being explored is far more important than the specific plot mechanic...
  8. KingdomKurdistan

So what if there are no "worlds" on the Sora side of the story. What would be cool is Sora visiting an arcade or toy store in Quadradum (there's a huge department store in Shibuya for a start). Instead of gummi ships between worlds, taxi rides between buildings. Instead of literal worlds...
  9. KingdomKurdistan

Speculation: Star Wars in KH4 Trailer?!

Does everyone think they're gonna "chose" films to retell or just have it take place in the SW universe without actually telling the "SW Saga"? Because if they're gonna just have it be a superficial retelling of one SW film then it's gonna be a disaster. I really don't think they'll make that...
  10. KingdomKurdistan

My biggest wish atm is they animate separately for Japanese and English so the dialogue can be written and performed in natural language without straining to match timecodes. There was a half baked automated version of this for FF7 Remake which apparently worked fairly well. Not sure of the...
  11. KingdomKurdistan

Also, that gameplay footage looks so underwhelming and I'm surprised they even presented it. Why not just leave it at cutscenes and pre-rendered footage. Movement and interaction with the environment looks great. the environments themselves look below awful. Uniform lighting. Bland textures...
  12. KingdomKurdistan

I love the Sora lost in spacetime aspect. The dissonance of him being on a photorealistic sofa in the lazy daylight of a harsh summer morning, with regular-sized feet and boringly ordinary hair: Perfect. In other threads, I've discussed how this being the beat running though KH4's story would be...
  13. KingdomKurdistan

Speculation: Star Wars in KH4 Trailer?!

Star Wars being so massive and lore intensive is exactly why it's a perfect fit for KH. Even Nomura surely wouldn't try adapting it like they would a classic Disney movie. It'll be a world that just exists and you get to visit. We don't need to see the Skywalker saga rehashed with added "May...
  14. KingdomKurdistan

Even though Darkness has always been portrayed as evil in KH, but do you think in the next saga we might see some disturbing side of Light?

This has been a key part of how I think the series should go. In fact, KH has written itself into such a narrative crater that there isn't much scope for anything else if you want to tell a good story. That, paired with the loss of storytelling radicalism marking KH1, CoM and KH2, means I'm not...
  15. KingdomKurdistan

KINGDOM HEARTS series releasing on Switch via cloud streaming on February 10th

I bought a PS3 in anticipation of the inevitable Kingdom Hearts II sequel. DM me for investment advice and lotto number predictions.
  16. KingdomKurdistan

Wait, what? You mean you have to buy a special cable in the age of Bluetooth and wireless local area networks? I've played my cousin's switch and I'm stunned at how bad their software is compared to their hardware (and even their actual gameplay). How can you get two things so right yet get...
  17. KingdomKurdistan

I'm sad that the Switch tech is so crap. I have an xbox one x and Google Stadia. I honestly play Stadia even when I have the same game on the xbox. Not only is it so convenient (I can be playing on my TV then instantly switch over to the phone/laptop if I need to leave the room or watch...
  18. KingdomKurdistan

The thought of getting past that fricking hippo part in Deep Jungle with any sort of added lag or buffering just makes my heart explode faster than I could say HEARTLESS! I still consider that an intentional piece of performance art where we're the subject.
  19. KingdomKurdistan

Cartoon/TV ► The Book of Boba Fett

The music in today's episode was very Kingdom Heartsy. Especially the training sequence mid-ep. What a sharp drop from the quality of last week, though.
Back