• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Luminary

Square Enix General

It all depends on how much Sony is willing to pay and what the company would look like as a subsidiary. Plenty of other companies that have been acquired were doing just fine. If Sony wants to make a big acquisition to rival Microsoft buying Activision, SE would be an attractive option. They...
  2. Luminary

Final Fantasy XVI

3. Luminary

Square Enix General

I have no idea how credible any of this is and these rumors fly around all the time. But I have a theory I could see happening. Sony needed SE to sell their western studios in order to purchase them (could be for a variety of financial, legal, or logistical reasons.) Now they can go through...
  4. Luminary

Several Western Square Enix Studios Acquired by Embracer Group

I hope this means better things are in store for these IPs, but we’ll see. I’m interested to see what Disney will do with the Marvel IPs moving forward. I think we can confidently say Sora won’t be visiting the Marvel’s Avengers or GotG universe though. It will probably be MCU or nothing if it...
  5. Luminary

Several Western Square Enix Studios Acquired by Embracer Group

Square Enix has entered an agreement to sell Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal, and Square Enix Montreal to Embracer Group. Deal likely to close this summer. IPs included are Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Legacy of Kain.
  6. Luminary

Leaked info from Nomura's extended Famitsu interview

I think KH4 could be the video game equivalent of a backdoor pilot episode for Verum Rex. It’ll get us more familiar with the characters and universe while allowing Disney/SE to gauge interest in the concept. Then it’ll become it’s own thing once Sora gets back home.
  7. Luminary

New AAA Marvel and Star Wars Games from Skydance Media

These same developers are now working on a Star Wars title as well. https://www.starwars.com/news/amy-hennig-skydance-new-media-star-wars-game
  8. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

Yeah I know Disney hasn’t done it in the past. Pixar shared a small amount of stuff with them for KH3 like the Sully model, but it wasn’t the full thing and did have to be altered a lot as you said. However, when it comes to scenery, textures, etc., it may not be as much of an issue with UE5 as...
  9. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

Yeah it should definitely take out a lot of work they’d have to do otherwise. Besides Lumen which will make lighting way easier, the engine has a ton of ready to use assets and the metahuman tech that will save a lot time if utilized. They also may be able to straight up import assets used in...
  10. Luminary

KH4 probable worlds

I would prefer 3, but could see 4 as well with Woody bonding with Bo Peep and considering leaving his own “world” behind. There could be something there to mirror Sora bonding with Strelitzia and deciding whether to stay in Quadratum or come back home. I could see there being some conflict...
  11. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

That’s likely just because it is TBD and nothing Pixar was shown at this time. KH3 trailers didn’t have Pixar copyright prior to Toy Story reveal if I remember right. I think M-L is far enough along that they know they’ll be using Pixar trophies at the very least and aren’t concerned with...
  12. Luminary

KH4 probable worlds

They won’t do it, but Atlantis might fit with the theme of conflict between Atlantis and the world above. Maleficent could be similar with the conflict between the kingdom and the Moors. I’d put Frozen II in this category too. Alice in Wonderland and Oz, the Great and Powerful are mediocre...
  13. Luminary

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 4 and Missing-Link

I was going to say earlier… I thought reaction commands went away to begin with due to fans complaining about KH2. And now they’re back for the same reason. I would like them more if they’re just God of War 2018 and Spider-Man PS4 style QTEs that are more one-time per battle events that lead to...
  14. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

Yeah for a series like KH, I think it makes sense to prioritize developing the original story content. That way once it is nailed down for the most part, it can inform the kind of worlds they want to pick to help support the original content and the themes. Getting the original worlds developed...
  15. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

I think it’s unlikely to be cross-gen as much as that sucks for people who aren’t able to get the newer consoles. I’m hoping the shortages are over by then at least. I don’t see Nomura wanting to hold back the game’s potential by having it on older consoles, especially when this is a version of...
  16. Luminary

Leaked KH4 and KHUX for PC

I think it’s still happening. They’re just waiting for Dark Road to finish. That and the Closed Beta for Missing Link both happen in August, so I could see there being more news around the same time. Which lines up with your D23 suggestion. A PC version of UX and a UE5 trailer for KH4 at that...
  17. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

I saw this in another thread and it helped set my mind at ease even more. It’s clear by this that Unreal Engine 5 is going to shave off a lot of development time. If I remember correctly, the dynamic lighting was one thing that took a while for the team to get right in KH3 since prior games...
  18. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

This is a great point. I think people get caught up in their impatience and often forget the publishers don’t want games to have long development cycles either. Think of how much they save in operating expenses just by shaving one year off development time. This is why we unfortunately get...
  19. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

This made me think of something else. They can likely now borrow assets from other games developed by Square in UE4 like DQXI and FFVIIR. I think those three were really the first major games built in that engine by SE. Now they have three huge games worth of compatible assets that can easily...
  20. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

13th Vessel on Twitter put together a good graphic for what the previous announcement to release cycles have looked like. Obviously, things are quite different with game development than they were back then and the games were in development prior to being announced, but still interesting to see: