• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
P
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• When you next see this, how's life?
    P
    Phoenix
    Hah, only 3 years! Good, living in NZ, juggling a job, a wife and a 2 year old! And you?
    Hollow Bastion
    Hollow Bastion
    Glad to hear! Doing well here. Wife and 2 kids, oldest is in middle school now. Steady job in programming.
    P
    Phoenix
    Good on you! Just having a toddler and a job is enough work for me, I can't imagine going for a second one at this point 🤣 If you have WhatsApp or Signal, let me know, I'd love to reconnect.
    >Made a thread I wanted intellectual evaluation on.
    >Thought "I know, I'll get Phoenix to offer his opinion on it!"
    >Go to your profile to ask/let you know.
    >You've been gone for a month.

NOOOOOOO WHYYYYY MEEEEE
    Woah, you're the only fortunate soul that can leave this place without any type of problems? 0.o
    The Bible thread is closed, but I feel bad not responding to what you asked. So yes; that is exactly what I'm saying. While I do believe in the Christian God, I have difficulties agreeing with Him. This is one of the things that I do not understand nor agree with, at least while I cannot fully comprehend it.
    Why did you write this response on your own page?

And yes, for conspiracy theories you're right, they do often get framed in that basic good guys (people) vs bad guys (govt) setup. But I think the mystery and the secrecy is still the main thing--because if 9/11 was an inside job, so was Pearl Harbor; and if Kennedy's assassination was framed, then the Apollo moon landings that he instigated might have been (must have been) set up as well; et cetera ad infinitum. True, most conspiracy nuts focus only on one aspect (at a time, at least), but the larger idea remains the same--that things are going on behind the curtains that we can't see. This is why conspiracy theories like the Illuminati seem to grow over time rather than diminish--because we can infinitely continue guessing and piecing together what is going on behind those curtains, so long as the curtains aren't drawn back. "Don't look at that man behind the curtain," as the Wizard of Oz so wisely instructs. Once you do, the secret is revealed and the magic trick doesn't work anymore.

And yes, I've been wondering about catching that new "Game of Thrones" television series sometime; I hear it's quite good.
    But they claim to have that knowledge. They claim to have been able to see all the signs, to know what their goals are, what they've done, how long they've existed, etc. There's an aura of mystery, true, but how important is that mystery? They are the bad guys, controlling the evil governments, and only we the people can rise up against them.

Conspiracy theorists aren't out to get more knowledge; they're out to share what they already "know" and convert. Failing this, to feel intellectually superior.

To answer your question, I haven't seen that movie. Which reminds me: I'm literally going to have to read through the entirety of A Song of Ice and Fire again. I've literally forgotten most it by this point.
    Have you ever seen "The Prestige"? They have an interesting take on this that is almost the inverse of yours.

"The audience knows the truth--the world is simple, miserable, solid all the way through. But if you could fool them, even for a second, then you could make them wonder..." I'm not sure it's always so benevolent, but it's interesting.

Then there's the fact that the people who believe in the Illuminati do not profess themselves members of the Illuminati--they are not party to those secrets they so fervently believe in. They may claim to know more about it than the rest of us "sheeple", but the important point is that nobody outside of the group can see inside it. And they acknowledge this, the conspiracy theorists--it is central to their belief. But why would we form conspiracy theories that consistently place us outside of that necessary knowledge?
    I've been wondering the same thing for about a month now. There is something about secrecy and dark places that seems to carry our very lifeblood in them. People really do believe in the Illuminati, in a way very different from a belief in God for example.
    Your taste is exquisite...
    Okay, that's enough with them lame jokes.
    Each time I read your username, it reminds me of flaming bird flapping their wings while torching the blue sky into a scorching red tone of a twilit sunset.
    ...my msn account hasn't been active for at least two years. I'm pretty sure I can't access it anymore.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back