• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
maryadavies
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• Well, I thought I'd announce this.

I'm OFFICIALLY A NEWBIE DRIVER! Got my driver's license Friday, so happy. No more having to bum rides all the fraggin' time.
    Ugh it's been a long time. But two things; 1. I'm VERY close to getting my driver's license if all goes well. Pray for me if you're so inclined. That also means I can finally use my gym membership and GET SERIOUS about fixing my weight problems.

And 2. you're proly going to see this around a lot but..

81bd45a44d97d0c44936e7ca65b702ec.jpg

A slime draws near. Command? RIP Akira Toriyama 1955-2024. Us English folks only found out last night, even tho he died March 1st.
    Well, things have been quiet over here. I'm up to 20 minutes active on Ring Fit, gonna slowly work up to 30 then up the difficulty.

I also need to lay off the sweets and the ice cream, really. Record hot here too and I've been running all the ceiling fans in the house in hope to help the air conditioner out since the vents are in wiiierd places, sadly.
    Well, been working on ring fit adventures instead of walking, that seems to fit better these days.

Wish me luck in getting rid of the poundage. Again.
    Okay. Been to Momocon for the first time in years. There were a LOT of KH cosplayers; sorry I didn't get any pics! But I also got a Sailor Moon poster for my wall for the very first time. Been wanting one for years but was afraid I'd get teased..never underestimate the power of a hostile sister.

There was also some rocking FF cosplays, I think my brother got a pic or two of a really good Aeris :) I'll see if I can find that pic later along with the couple I took. :)
    Been a while again, but anyway finally got the kitchen cleaned up after the "bug bomb".

Also I'm going to my first Momocon in like, forever! The good thing about Sis dying is..I am finally getting a allowance out of my disability money. Threw a tantrum of the "THIS IS NOT FAIR" variety saying it is not fair that the boys get money to spend and I was stuck donating plasma for mah cash. (Basically me and sis were donating all our money to the house; SO not fair.) So The Troll (that's the other brother I live with; I call him that online b/c of the way he acts) relented and now I have at least a little money to spend. Am planning on going to the plasma place again if I got something big to save for.

Speaking of which, I'm also working on driving; that's when I may do plasma again. I really need to get a new motherboard for my pc; it's past time I upgraded. So $100 USD extra will make it easier for me to save up a bunch of money to do that. Anyway wish me luck; I'm hoping if all goes well I'll be able to take the test soonish. (And yeah go ahead and laugh. It's been a comedy of errors why I haven't gotten my driver's license yet. At 48 years old. And yes, I know, I'm basically a gaming momma tho I'm single and never been kissed by anyone but brothers.)

Also I now finaly have orthpedic inserts; 'Neko told me to go to a foot doc after I tore up my last pair of shoes after 6 months, he'd had it. Sadly 'Neko lost his job soon after that so The Troll ended up paying for the inserts; Medicare does not pay for those unless you're diabetic and I yell heck no to diabetes! Speaking of Neko; he's starting a new job next week with Floor and Decour; wish him luck and all the prayers if you guys are religious.
    Ugh, where to begin?

Shadowneko (not his real name) has a arcade cabinet collecting habit. He brought home a cab he wanted to restore..and guess what? It had hitch-hikers of the German cockroach variety in it ><

You understand, German cockroaches are hard to get rid of, so we had to call in the bug man to basically do a pro bug bomb. Cost us a lot of money but we basically had to half move out without moving out..which means I'm gonna clean out some of my stuff b/c there's stuff that needed to go to goodwill anyway.

I told him if he brought a buggy (and I don't mean the electronic variety) cabinet home again, he's getting his butt beat. EW.
    I've been horrible busy. Just put a batch of gingerbread cookies into the fridge, I'll roll them out tomorrow. The rest of the cookies are the oreo and chocolate chip ones we love so much; I have one rule with cookies. If you're not going to eat them, why make them? So I won't make cookies we won't eat, Christmas or not. First time I've really done gingerbread so I hope they're liked. ^_^
    Well, baking day today. I made some red velvet cupcakes and some chocolate ones..with chocolate chips in the chocolate cupcakes. Joanna and the kids don't like pie so we usually would make a cake, but I'm all, WASTEFUL since it don't all get eaten. So then, cupcakes. I hope they like them. :) And also with the chocolate ones, I used chocolate cream cheese icing + put chocolate sprinkles on them. Well, it's Thanksgiving. I figured this is a good time to be fancy. ^^

I'll put up pics if people are curious. I really got fancy with it b/c well, it's Thanksgiving. That reminds me, I'd better get our thanksgiving bird out to thaw (Chicken, not turkey; Joanna, Jared and the kids are only coming over for dessert, so why have a whole turkey? that's stupid)
    Been a long time ain't it?

Well, things are slowly getting better. Still waking up sometimes really early, I found a herbal remedy to combat that (I won't take sleeping pills, that's asking for problems.) Hopefully I get used to the new pillow soon.

We're having the missionaries over for dinner today: I like helping them and I got a nice dessert too.

Me and Shadowcat started a Google Sheets index for our games; do not ask to see that since that's meant to be personal. But it boggles the mind to realize we collected SO many games over the years.

Oh and with Thanksgiving; we already decided I'm going to stuff a chicken like a turkey this year (yeah, LOL) because we aren't having guests and it's re-fricking-dic-u-ous to do a whole turkey for 3 people. It was BARELY feasible with 4 but not with 3. Wish me luck.
    Okay I got the account back. Praise the Valve tech support..seems like my account wasn't really attractive to the scammer.
    It never rains but it pours! My steam account has been stolen! I made a horrible mistake and hopefully I'll get it back, but for now if you got me on steam, ignore it!
    If you didn't see in the FFXIV thread, sister died very suddenly Saturday morning. I have my chara out (check the thread for where) if you wanna stalk me in person (well, virtualy so to speak) but I know not everyone plays.

It was really sudden and tech I was the one that found her, so it's not helping my week..
    Oracle Spockanort
    Oracle Spockanort
    Oh my god please let me know if you need anything
    maryadavies
    maryadavies
    Thanks Spock. It's just been rough and I'm hoping we can get things straightened out pretty soon. Feel free to poke me on PSN; since I play FFXIV PC it's harder to tell if I'm on that but I still am keeping in the gaming between taking over all her old chores..I mean this was very very very sudden and unexpected.
    I hate getting older.

Been having hot flashes/feeling hot for no reason and trouble sleeping tho I might of finally licked that. Got a decent night's sleep last night tho still tired; not suprising after two weeks of insomnia!

Let's hope this is over. Also back on the bp meds for now, ugh ugh. Haven't really run away from my genetics I guess.
    Right now I'm kinda having to deal with a polar bear; The Troll likes it cold in the house. I don't.

So I've put the heating pad on my chair, two blankets and a hoodie just so I don't freeze, and I'm considering getting some fingerless gloves. Maybe someday I can have my own place and turn up the bleeding heat. ^^
    It's been a crazy few weeks. And I hope it doesn't get crazier. With teh covid panic and stuff..I'm still trying to find ways to protect myself when I go out.
    So okay. My middle brother showed up with cancer. Ugh.

I'm going to be making him some chemo caps and suggest to 'Neko and Jared to get him some baseball caps. UGH. I swear our family is cursed, for this is the third person in the fam that ended up with some kind of cancer.
    I'm pretty annoyed right now.

Remember that poster I won? Well, seems my poster gum AKA. something like This is really old. My poster was coming off the wall. UGH! It finally completely came down today.

We got some more on the wal-mart order, but UGH. That just makes me annoyed.
    Okay. For the last few months, I've been saying VERY nasty things about the wireless.

Our router/gateway/modem from Uverse got fried in a lightening storm; since then I've had nothing but troubles with my connection. Horrible lag in XIV, disconnecting from the internet when I shouldn't, you guys can proly can guess the drill. Turned out part of the problem was Uverse had given us a bad replacement router. T_T I'd tried repping my wireless network card, but no joy.

I decided to flip the bird at windows finally (thinking that might be the cause of the last of the troubles; Sometimes Windows does funkeh things with drivers) and find me a cheap little router that I could use as a wireless bridge, since they don't sell separate wireless bridges anymore.

A friend of mine on Blue Gartr (Niya) suggested a Mikrotik thingy; once I got it, he actually helped me config it via TeamViewer. Well? NO MORE LAG, no more problems so far. I'm giving it a few days to be sure though. Tho I'll be glad if that was the whole problem, and I've also hooked my PS3 to it (Why should the bloody thing be using Wireless G when N's available?)

Here's to the end of my net problems, and that network card's getting yoinked out.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back