• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
maryadavies
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• So okay. I may finally be near done watching my diet so hard.

I'm down below 200 lbs (about 91kg, for ya EU folks) for the very first time in years. My goal is 180 lbs (About 82kg), which tech is still overweight for my height but I'd rather have a weight I can maintain at the moment.

Anyway, got 10-12 lbs more to lose, and then it's over tho I prolly won't EVER be such a pig again.
    GEEZ. I just had to deal with a very disgusting mess.

You understand, the boys in our house never had to do "girly" chores like say, mop the floor or clean the bathroom. Well, I finally got disgusted by Shadowneko's bathroom in the basement. I have to USE that potteh after all.

So I cleaned the sink and the toilet, my sister (known online as Her Highness) talked me out of cleaning his tub too; wouldn't want him to think he had a maid after all.

Tho if he moves out, I'm scrubbing that tub within a inch of its life. I'm just THAT disgusted.
    Twilight Lumiair
    Twilight Lumiair
    Oof, that sounds pretty rough. :sick: Sorry you felt you had to clean that up, and I don't blame you one bit. Hopefully it never gets to that point again. 🤞
    maryadavies
    maryadavies
    Twilight: I hope not either but I ain't counting on it. 'Neko is a disgusting slob and never cleans; so I might have to later again in self defense.
    I went looking today; I have a few programs that are paste-in-a-directory so they don't autoupdate, mostly emulators. (I actually even found a way to get them on my Start Menu too in Windows 10. It just makes sense to do that!)

A lot of them were out of date, so I went on a updating spree. Now they're all up to date and hopefully when I choose to use the emulators, I'll be happy gaming :3
    Thanks sis. The sister I don't much like because of the annoyances with her decided to help me out a bits.

I'd lost enough weight that I was having trouble with my pants..again. So she basically fixed my waistbands with some elastic so they are adjustable now. (She sews.)

Thanks sis.
    Oracle Spockanort
    Oracle Spockanort
    I'm cheering you on~ And I'm glad your sister did something nice for once!
    Woah and phew. I think Hercules would of been a better fit for what I just did than me.

See, we have a chest freezer downstairs. It wasn't shutting all the way anymore. That means..time to defrost it. And clean out some old stuff that we didn't use/forgot about.

Been at it since 4 PM EST this morning and it's finally done. The freezer burned stuff is out for the trash man, (that was a Labor of Hercules right there!) the frost/ice is in the kitchen sink downstairs, and the food that we could save is in coolers with dry ice, said dry ice is going to be thrown outside once the freezer chills a bit.

I also cleaned out some sticky crud out of there; I swear. Clean out a freezer or fridge, and there's always some sticky crud.
    I found out something of mine needed fixed at SFGE. (Southern Fried Game Expo, for those that don't know the abbreviation) See, they had a console games room, and you had to bring your own controllers.

A guy in the console room told me the battery in my DS3 was bulging a little bit and going bad! I was told that I could get a new one on ebay, but after one of my XIV/XI buddies (Ashyr Tallevale that is ) told me that some bad apple Chinese companies were trying to pass off bad/fake rechargeable batteries on Ebay that tend to explode and not do what they are supposed to, that made me go :cautious: since I don't want fake rechargeable batteries a MILE near my gaming stuff. Or any other stuff, for that matter. But what's a gal to do?

Enter the local game shop. On a lark, I called Gamers, which is a little shop in the next town over that I <3 for used games and accessories. Turns out, they sell the batteries and can even put them in for you. I bought one and got them to put it in since I didn't feel confident enough to do it myself; I should be good now for 10+ more years and hopefully it'll fix it; that controller never did hold a charge very long. Well, it's fixed for good now! Yes, the new battery's a knockoff but it's a GOOD knockoff, which is what I'd hoped for. (Also known as; not Sony brand, but it's a real rechargeable battery.)
    Well, 'Neko talked me into going to the Southern Fried Game Expo here in Atlanta. I had a good time; if I go next year, I'm proly going to check out some more of what's there besides the arcade (BIGGEST arcade I've ever seen).

I've often said I'd go to both that and Momocon if I could. Well, we'll see!
    Finally. For a long time, I've been complaining about being too cold. I finally figured out why.

There's a vent over my computer/setup that was blowing RIGHT. ON. ME. Might have some to do with weight but that's a good way to get froze right there. I got 'Neko to get a vent deflector and it's now pointing at the wall. It's already better and I don't have to bundle up in blankets/use a heating pad/coat by my PC anymore.
    Good news.

Unless I gain a lot of weight again (NOT GONNA) I'm officially off all high blood pressure meds.

Just need to get rid of the offending drugs now. ^^
    So okay, 'Neko did a really stupid driving maneuver and hit a pole in the parking lot. GEEZ Neko. Go to bed earlier! Luckily the car wasn't seriously hurt enough to pop the airbags.

On a lighter note, I got my new Atlanta Braves baseball cap today; I'd wanted one to use at Six Flags. (If you're in the hot sun a while, you WANT a hat. No kidding. And I'd rather stick to baseball caps for not-dorky. (Some hats are old lady, dork. I'd rather go tomboy.)

Also I made a glasses case; going to think about it and see if I'd like to sew stars or flowers on it; prolly both!
    Good news for once.

'Neko took his car in to get the sunroof fixed; they did that in a day. (HE HATES SUNROOFS now and has a car cover). I ordered a Atlanta Braves hat with a huge discount, should be getting that in a week (So okay, I like baseball caps, and since I thinks I need a hat for Six Flags, I'll wear one if I'm not on rides). I'm also going to see if I can get some more posters once I can donate again; I'd <3 a pretty dreamcatcher but they're rarer now.

Would like to find some unicorn and maybe a few more posters from my fandoms, tho being cautious there after so many years of "Ew, Sailor Moon? why do you like that!?" or "Ew, Anime? Yuck, I don't get why you like that.." and all. (There's a reason I keep most of my fandoms on the down low, lol.) It's about time I added some more stuff to my room after all.

Sis does not really like games OR anime; she thinks all animation is badly drawn and is for kids, sadly. Um, to that I raise you Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which starts out cute and fluffy but is def NOT FOR KIDS. And she thinks games are a waste of time; well, I won't buy games with serious microtransactions but I think, as long as you're careful, good ones are worth some of your leisure time.

Tho with the animation part; she does like some of the newer Disneys including The Incredibles 2, so can't be too mad, tho seriously, me and Her Highness do not get along well.
    Oh and I forgot to mention.

The whole problememo with the pc/tv seems to be.. /PUNT WINDOWS 10 Seems a power setting that was on my vid card that Windows does was wrecking some havok, I turned that off and not one flicker after that. I also factory reset the tv so no more problem.

See, one driver caused me a major headache about a year ago.(I was getting mysterious black screens for no reason) I had to DDU (Use a program called Display Driver Uninstaller that is; that's a last resort, and it does what it says on the tin) and get rid of it. It later happened AGAIN, reverting to the previous drivers (with DDU) fixed it. This time (the third time), I went back and back and back (almost a year back..) and still had the issue. Which made me think my poor TV(which is also my 'puter screen because of space issues), which was a gift from one of my FFXI/XIV friends (naming NO names) was dying, mainly because of a Nvidia service call.

The Nvidia tech I called was not much help, tho he did have me turn down the refresh rate a tiiiiny bit. It took a youtube video for me to find the stinker setting. I'm installing the drivers now that caused me to go on that DDU spree. Let's hope everything is fine now. I'm going to be pleased as punch if that was all that was wrong!

I'm still considering a rebuild but it's not /panic /panic now since well. I really don't have the money to do that right now, but I'm seriously considering it by year after next if I can scrape together the funds.
    Okay here we go.

cL4re4v.jpg

I think they sent this separate b/c it was a poster and they sent it in a poster mailer. I had a time getting it on the wall; my poster gum/stickit is pretty old.

But hey, that's the first poster I have in here!
    More contest stuff today. I got the poster. I'll post it up soon as I can get it on my wall b/c it was rolled up in a poster mailer.

Again, this is why you keep a eye on Twitch. ^^
    Oh man oh man oh man. The lottery stuff came!
    THPdM07.jpg

B6tmynX.jpg

xikBmD6.jpg

NDJ0CW5.jpg

XJbUMLg.jpg

Postcards, some stickers (including Union symbol patches/stickers), a pin featuring Vanitas, lanyard, and bag. I'll find a use for that cute bag! As for the stickers; I'm hiding them, (My nieces LOVE to play with stickers. Um, I don't want those stuck!) and yes I got 2 Olympus stickers lol! Maybe that's telling me something?

Anyway this is why you watch Twitch, something like this could come up. ^^
    Reactions: Twilight Lumiair
    Twilight Lumiair
    Twilight Lumiair
    Wow, nice merch! Congrats again on winning the raffle; hope you enjoy your new stuff! ^^
    maryadavies
    maryadavies
    I will and I'm planning on hunting up a id holder for the lanyard (if I can find a SINGLE one); that might come in handy for places where wallets might not be smart, even tho I use a fanny pack.

But yeah, I'm keeping those stickers out of reach of the nieces; if I let them see'em I'd lose'em!
    I want to SHOOT Murphy (as in Murphy's Law).

Seriously. Now it seems like my TV might be starting to die. >.<. And guess what I can't afford? Yep.

If anything can go wrong, it will..
    Shadowneko's I-Know-Not-What-it-is package turned out to be a Snoopy snow cone maker. (NEAT!)

Unlike what it says, we are prolly going to end up getting ice from the local Sonic (yess they sell it in bags) since that will prolly shred/crush better than ice cubes. He's been collecting some old toys lately; getting back his childhood, I guess? Like the old Little People schoolhouse; my nieces, esp Penny, think that's neato. He got some reproduction stickers to fix up the schoolhouse since he isn't going for new in box, he wants all the pieces but he doesn't mind it's been loved on and played with.

Anyway there's a singles dance this weekend, so I'm proly going to have some fun then. :)
    Today was a "getting stuff from Amazon" day. I can take pics if people want to see, but nothing that interesting; a sleep mask (Because my sister who I call "Her Highness" (So okay, she's way too bossy) online is obnoxious at night), some earplugs (Her Highness again, playing loud stuff on the tv and praying really loudly) some fuzzy socks Sis wanted to make my nephew a sock panda, some Iklear which I use on all my touch screens and my TV/PC screen besides, and a I-know-not-what box for Shadowneko. (We have a rule; if it's not your mail, you don't open it unless it's for my (dead) mom. Yes, those darn junk mail guys sometimes send stuff for Mom, who's dead about 10+ years now.)

I'll find out what Shadowneko got when he gets home. Oh and I got enough games to keep me busy, so no game this time. Maybe next time once I earn some more gift cards; speaking of which, got one from Microsoft Rewards yesterday. $5, but that's something at least!

I don't think the raffle stuff'll be here for another week or two, really tho.
    OKAY! If you go check that thread about my knitting/crocheting exploits, I finished the water bottle holder.

Penny wants one too; we're talking about finding a crochet butterfly pattern or I make a flower to tack on it so we don't have to check initials on who's bottle belongs to whom. ^^

Have to inital that in some way tho; Six Flags is a public place. And I have to leave the bottle and holder in a set of cubbies when I go ride roller coasters. And if I got something cool, I don't trust strangers to leave it the eff alone. Hence why I need to make sure it screams, "THIS IS NOT YOURS!"
    Today has been a comedy of errors so far.

Shadowneko went to get his car fixed (air conditioner on the fritz). Fine. I wanted to get some navy blue or dark cotton yarn (Um, light colors show the dirt something terrible) for that water bottle holder; Sis wanted some stuff from the cloth store too. We also wanted to go to the sporting goods store to get some stuff for Whitewater/Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags.

You see, Neko has a second car that he hasn't driven in a while. Too long it seems, for it seems to have a dead battery >.<. So I'm stuck home for a while longer.

I had found a crocheted pattern for a wayfinder, but it wasn't very good it seems >< I was hoping to put that on there, and I already GOT that yarn. Well, I brought out Cstitch; let's see if i can take THAT and what yarn I have and stitch it on when I FINALLY get the bloody yarn I wanted in the first place. (Leftovers, mostly from Evee's llama and Little Jon's Squirtle, along with gold and silver from Penny's alicorn)

Let's hope to heck that Murphy gets the EFF off my butt. I'm getting very tired of Murphy's Law..

[Edit] Well, not some bad without some good in the bargain. I decided to call the sporting goods stores in town to see if they had the waterproof walkie-talkies (Um, we don't want to risk our phones in the water at Whitewater/Hurricane Harbor but we still want to be able to contact each other if we get separated without having to go to the locker) and the water socks. The mom and pop (Gable's) didn't have them. Academy Sports has'em. The second place is also open later. Guess who's getting our business this time? Yep. Let's hope Neko's main car gets fixed in time for the cloth store, at least.

[Edit again] Okay, Neko's car's finally fixed. I fully understand why he did it; that Suberu Outback is a BLACK. CAR. Black cars get really hot in the summer. Which considering it's hot and humid over here in the summer, that's murder. So yeah. I was a bit afraid it wouldn't be fixed in time though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back