• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
SoulXaldin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• For you, I'd recommend "Take Five" if you're into really cool, slightly more traditional jazz. Stuff like that is my bread and butter, I might actually memorize it soon so I can have it in my repertoire :D
    Cool! You might enjoy them, they're very punk-oriented. And their horn players fucking shredddd

I've been getting into a lot of mock rock lately. Ever listened to The Darkness, Tenacious D, or Green Jelly?
    Yeah! Streetlight Manifesto, that sort of thing! My girlfriend got me into it, it's like the only punk I can find written for trombone :p
    Cool, maybe I'll check them out :D I'm actually playing a jazz gig soon, possibly some ska thrown in as well!
    Yeah, jazz went way back to the days of slavery, where slaves would sing songs across the fields during their workday. It really is one of those things that's lingered around for the longest time, haha.

I'm an instrumentalist, yeah. I play tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, tuba/sousaphone, trumpet, french horn, and a little bit of piano, guitar, and ukulele. I'm a music student haha, gotta learn them all :p
    Dude, jazz is my life :p As an instrumentalist, I only really had the ska-punk genre to appeal to me, and the only ensembles I could join in school were the jazz bands. I just grew up playing it (6 years now), it appeals to me so much more than classical repertoire. I love playing jazz, and it's pretty much the granddaddy of all those genres you just mentioned right there :p I could go all day about how Led Zeppelin is far more interesting than any other rock out there, but I'd be wasting breath haha
    I always had a big problem in high school with branching out, I listened to like every all time low album and almost nothing else for the longest time. Then I got really super into jazz, and then really into We Are the In Crowd, then City_Comma_State, and eventually Led Zeppelin haha
    I've never really tried to listen to post-hardcore haha, I listen to so many genres it's hard to get to them all
    Yea, hit me up! Haha I was actually writing a new thread on cool instruments, after listening to all of these strange instruments I could use something more familiar. What do you have in mind?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back