• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible inspiration for FFVII Remake boss?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

zekro94

Awards
Have you noticed something about the Whisper Harbinger? He might be inspired by a scrapped idea for a form of Xemnas that was to be used in Kingdom Hearts 2. Might seem silly at first but what if that was an idea Nomura had? He often reuses ideas from past games or shelved ones which never realised (for example double jump, in bbs is used for the first time as a base character without forms, well there was a versus XIII trailer with Noctis doing a double jump before the release of bbs, in the same trailer he enters a mech and shoots from it like Sora in KH3)
Maybe since the KH2 team was limited by the ps2s specs they finally saw an opportunity and made the boss fight they always wanted. I mean just look at how massive King was supposed to be. It even has similar colors

Attachments

• KH 2 king.jpg
    KH 2 king.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's possible but unless they say so, we'll never know.

The 7R team is primarily made up of the XIII team. While there are some staff who did work on KH2, what you know as the KH2 team has long since disbanded.

zekro94

Awards
Yes, I know that, I was saying that nomura has given some ideas or direction fo the remake, we know he wanted the story to be changed as little as possible but maybe after seeing the direction it went he thought of implementing something he couldn't do for so many years. Funny thing is if you look at the aforementioned trailer there is a part where noctis is battling in a falling building which rotates. In the Kingdom Hearts IV Sora slides in the inside of a building that rotates while beeing broken, so even though there is no KH2 team it doesn't mean Nomura won't use shelved ideas for other games he makes

Edit: Seems like I got something mixed up, the double jump thing in FF Versus Xiii. BBS was released in 2010 in japan while the trailer I mentioned was released in 2011 just a year after BBS, so it was the other way around. But still the gigas in KH3 can be an influence from the Versus trailer

Last edited:
Back