• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do people ship Roxas with Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
Guys I just want to ask a question why do people ship Roxas with Xion. Please no comments like:

"People who ship them are stupid because both of them are part-Sora."

"You can't ship two characters that are the same person it's disgusting."

I understand any hate from the ship, but I just need a real answer to why people ship them even though they share the same memories and even skills of the same person. Remember I don't want to cause a ship war, I'm only looking for a reason even if the answers are not acceptable.

Kokoko253

Awards
Roxas is male.
Xion is female (debatable, I know, but still).
Xion is the female Roxas interacts with the most.
There. Thats it.

Also, most people feel every main character should have a love intrest (not just KH, any media), and the signals set by KH 3 are obvious: Sora-Kairi (obviously), and Riku-Naminé (with him appearing before her at the end). This leaves Roxas and Xion. I guess Goofy is also free (Max is not yet canon in KH), but the Goofy-Xion shippers never truly took off for some mysterious reason.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Because they have a cool dynamic, are their own people and care deeply about each other??? They don't consider themselves Sora and as such are not the same person.
not a bad argument. however, i believe that the two would probably stick with being friends as a means of branching out from the paths they were meant to take. i mean breaking the expectations of who they are is kind of their thing

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
They don't consider themselves Sora and as such are not the same person.

Exactly. The game takes great pains to illustrate they are their own people and really should be treated as such.

The reason I think people tend to ship Roxas with Xion or Axel is because he spends the most time with the two of them. The majority of the dialogue in Days is specifically about their day to day relationship with each other. No other KH game has as much "slice of life" dialogue (so to speak) so it really stands out and makes their dynamic feel a little bit more realistic than some of the more symbolic relationships other characters have.

Whether or not someone pictures romantic undertones is entirely subjective, but its what fans are prone to do anyway.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah... I love them both, but I just don't see the ship at all. Their relationship comes across as brother/sister almost. I say that not because they're both "from Sora", but rather they grew up together in the Organization. Roxas sort of knew more things than Xion (not much more), but he looked out for her and taught her things.

It kind of reminds me of anyone from the Terra/Aqua/Ven trio being shipped together, as I also find their dynamic more familial.

On top of it all, Queen Xion doesn't need a man. She needs a dedicated game and storyline.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Roxas is male.
Xion is female (debatable, I know, but still).
Xion is the female Roxas interacts with the most.
There. Thats it.
That is literally the only reason in a gaming franchise where the actual protagonist and his love interest swap fruits and don't even kiss.
On top of it all, Queen Xion doesn't need a man. She needs a dedicated game and storyline.
Honestly, I like that their stories have finally come to an end. She'll still be dragged along for the "Subject X" plot device going on between Lea and Isa, but really, her and Roxas' stories are d.o.n.e.

OP, you should've posted this in the pinned shipping thread to spark some discussion because it's been a couple of weeks since anything was said there.:unsure::LOL:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I personally don't ship them, but I understand why others do and don't have a problem with it. As stated above they spend a lot of time together and so their friendship is well highlighted, given proper time, and believable. This doesn't have to translate to romance though, as I didn't find any of their interactions romantic, and I prefer it that way. I'm just not a hardcore shipper and prefer Roxas and Xion keep their BFF dynamic and expand on that. I want them to be like Hawkeye/Black Widow partners rather then romantic.

As far as genetics go...their both Replicas now. Though I still wish they'd explain how Vexen perfected them.

Chie

Awards
I don't care about shipping, but I don't see why people wouldn't ship them. It's just the obvious choice for people who like straight ships? What is the actual question you're asking here?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Because if you can't love yourself how in the hell are you going to love somebody else? Can I get an amen? Let the music play!

Soldier

Awards
As far as genetics go...their both Replicas now. Though I still wish they'd explain how Vexen perfected them.
Hark! is that the g word that I hear? sounds like it's time for the biologist to enter the fray.

I do wonder, if they're replicas now how far does that go in terms of their existence? obviously they can interact with the physical plane, but what would their overall physical forms be capable of? Are they like mules (Donkey-horse hybrids that are incapable of reproduction) and are sterile now? or are they clones?

palizinhas

Awards
Hark! is that the g word that I hear? sounds like it's time for the biologist to enter the fray.

I do wonder, if they're replicas now how far does that go in terms of their existence? obviously they can interact with the physical plane, but what would their overall physical forms be capable of? Are they like mules (Donkey-horse hybrids that are incapable of reproduction) and are sterile now? or are they clones?
Vexen says the KH3 Replicas are indistinguishable from normal humans, right? So I think they're just like, normal-ish bodies, shaped after their hearts' appearance (what they see themselves as).

Chie

Awards
Considering that bodies in this world transform into weird monsters when violently separated from their hearts in most cases, I would guess that replicas once properly bonded with a heart would be completely regular people.

In these very out-there fictional situations, it doesn't really make sense to try and fit them into a real life comparison. Even if we were in real life, the only thing that would make these characters "siblings" or not is if they see eachother as such.

palizinhas

Awards
Even Ven and Vanitas are kind of hard to tell if they count as siblings or not, since Vanitas calls Ven his brother but Ven denies that that's what they are, and the whole Darkness thing makes it even worse.

With Xion and Roxas, they are only ever referred as best friends both by one another and in supporting material for the series, for all that the fandom likes the two of them, Axel and Saix as being a lil family. Ventus with Terra and Aqua is more of a family connection than these four canonically.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
That is literally the only reason in a gaming franchise where the actual protagonist and his love interest swap fruits and don't even kiss.

Honestly, I like that their stories have finally come to an end. She'll still be dragged along for the "Subject X" plot device going on between Lea and Isa, but really, her and Roxas' stories are d.o.n.e.

OP, you should've posted this in the pinned shipping thread to spark some discussion because it's been a couple of weeks since anything was said there.:unsure::LOL:
I'm fine with their stories being done... but if King Roxas and Queen Xion get dragged into Axel/Saix's nonsense, then I hope that Roxas and Xion get FOCUSED stories on them. Just because their original storyline is done doesn't mean Nomura can't whip up something new for them.

I would love if they both talked about how they want to give up the keyblade life and live regular lives - and that their mission to help Axel find Subject X is their last act as keyblade wielders. So it would be a retirement storyline, in favor of a normal life, which is what they always wanted.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm fine with their stories being done... but if King Roxas and Queen Xion get dragged into Axel/Saix's nonsense, then I hope that Roxas and Xion get FOCUSED stories on them. Just because their original storyline is done doesn't mean Nomura can't whip up something new for them.

I would love if they both talked about how they want to give up the keyblade life and live regular lives - and that their mission to help Axel find Subject X is their last act as keyblade wielders. So it would be a retirement storyline, in favor of a normal life, which is what they always wanted.
It's funny of that group Axel and Saix are the two I wouldn't mind being retired. There's still plenty of stories I would enjoy seeing with Roxas and Xion. They would be small scale stories about the right to exist and cheating death. Plus there are so many Disney characters I'd want to see them interact with that fit their themes.

I doubt they'd get much development in the Subject X plot. And I just don't care enough about this plot, at least from Lea and Isa's perspective. If Subject X is Skuld that's another matter. There was a time I was interested in Axel/Lea's backstory but I'm so soured on the character now I don't know if I even still want it.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Because if you can't love yourself how in the hell are you going to love somebody else? Can I get an amen? Let the music play!
Can I get an amen in the church!

@OP
Your asking fandom to explain ships? What year is this friend, they just do. If you're fishing for a complicated answer consider that we're living in a bubble where "romantic love" is the defacto in association with a game that has Disney's branding on it. Naturally theres an entire entry where Xion is introduced and where Roxas gets his Org life explained, and well, you know as well as I do, people will naturally gravitate to putting people together regardless if the writing lends itself to generate the other as a romantic interest or not. We call that delusion young man! (respectfully) Feel free to correct my pronouns.

Zackarix

Awards
This is an extremely silly question. They're two popular characters who care deeply about one another and interact a lot. It would be more surprising if wasn't a decent-sized shipping fanbase. And I'm saying this as somebody who doesn't ship them.

Back