• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trailer Addict Support Group

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

cakito123

Awards
This topic can be very useful if we know how to use it properly as a community.

This is a continuation and a reminder of a thread I created in 2020, but more than that, it's a Trailer Addict Support Group.

The goal here is to bring awareness to those who didn't follow KHIII in 2019, and to remind you former hype mates who were also disappointed:
Square Enix ALWAYS spoils the games themselves by releasing trailers with Spoilers - the Troilers.
Usually this happens halfway through marketing forward, but not necessarily. This has been true for ALL games in the series thus far (yes, even older games posted Troilers), with KHIII being the game most damaged by this spoiler trailer building, due to the absurd amount of 13 year old hype.

KH IV still doesn't seem to have given much information that we didn't already know. For now, I'd say we're safe. They manage to have common sense IN THE BEGINNING and not show too much in the first trailers, but you can bet that the closer we get to its release, the worse it will be and for sure the trailers will deliver spoilers.

You can already see this with the latest trailer for Dark Road that came out the same day as the first for KH IV: I actually got to pause the trailer halfway through and jump to the next video, because I realized that all these final scenes of the game would be much more interesting watching the full scenes.
And guess what: at the beginning of the marketing for this game, there weren't that many spoilers.

Herein lies the purpose of this support group and our strategies for better dealing with Square's lack of caring:

- Remember ourselves that Square will eventually post many spoilers in Troilers.

- When Square release a new trailer, come here to see if anyone has watched it and can tell us if it's a Troilers or a regular Trailer. Or ask too, in case no one has said it yet.

- It's very difficult to be a fan and not watch the trailers that come out. I've already tried it, I just get really excited to see it when I wake up. I know most of you do too. Before anyone says: it's not as simple as not watching, ok? Thanks.

- in case you fall into temptation and saw a new trailer you found to be a Troiler, I'm sorry, my friend. But be useful: help those who still have light in their hearts:
Tell us the minute where the spoiler ends - that way, you prevent more soldiers from falling into the darkness with you, and you save their hearts from disappointment, still managing to give them a piece of trailer that helps them sleep peacefully. Be like Aqua was to her friends.

- We can talk about the trailers after someone told us the minute that are safe to watch. Scream about it and talk about it to your heart's content. Inside Spoiler balloons, of course.

Last edited:

cakito123

Awards
So yeah I'll start:

I haven't seen Dark Road's final trailer. Should I? Is there anything/anytime in the Dark Road trailer that is actually acceptable to watch? Or is the trailer abstolutely 100% A BIG TROILER like I feared out to be?

kristi-swat

Awards
So yeah I'll start:

I haven't seen Dark Road's final trailer. Should I? Is there anything/anytime in the Dark Road trailer that is actually acceptable to watch? Or is the trailer abstolutely 100% A BIG TROILER like I feared out to be?
I think it probably has some close to end cutscenes included (as always)

Chie

Awards
You're repeating the "13 year" thing?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm going to stick with trailers until I get a release date. I was SO HAPPY that I didn't watch any KH3 trailers after the 100 Acre Wood one. The Final Battle one basically spoiled everything.

the red monster

Awards
i think i will watch all the trailer but the final one, that's when they pretty much spoil the end/late-game and final bosses of each world.
i didn't watch a single trailer for FF VIIR and it made my experience way more fun and surprising.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I love the idea of a safe space to talk about trailers without immediately getting spoilers. I learned my lesson with KHIII and FFVIIR's final trailers

cakito123

Awards
i think i will watch all the trailer but the final one, that's when they pretty much spoil the end/late-game and final bosses of each world.
i didn't watch a single trailer for FF VIIR and it made my experience way more fun and surprising.

That's what I'm doing too, at the end!
But I can't trust JUST THE ONE feeling that they will do it exactly like they did in KHIII. What If their marketing actually get worse???

And before the Final Battle trailer, the Dark Aqua one was also a spoiler-y troiler. And I remember that half the trailer is like, innocent scenes of disney worlds and gameplay. And then they cut to Dark Aqua and mickey in trouble like it's a fun twist to do?!?!

I really wish I hadn't seen that, because -as a surprise- Dark Aqua is a great idea, but if you start thinking for 10 minutes, Aqua is not the character that's supposed to fall at the last hurdle, she was supposed to be the one who endures in the RoD until help arrives.... and yet she goes and fails at the very last second? Anyway. As a surprise it'd work. Only as a surprise.

I can't trust marketing teams with trailers anymore. Specially KH's.
Also had a great experience with FFVIIR, now I realized that's probably because I wasn't watching any trailers for the game before launch.
I think it probably has some close to end cutscenes included (as always)
Did you watch it?
Thank you. I'm still healthy and clean from spoilers for now. Although Dark road is the easy mode lol I don't know how's that gonna be when a khiv trailer releases again

You're repeating the "13 year" thing?
Sorry? What are you talking about exactly? I remember seeing someone discussing how many years it took of hype exactly, but I don't remember much about it.
I think it's really subjective ~ since KHII launched I've been asking myself when is KHIII coming out, so personally for me the hype started way back there XD So I can imagine someone like me existing.
But just to get my point across, I'm saying that Kh fans were really anxious for KHIII and Square knew about it.

Chie

Awards
There should be no reason to ask when KHIII is coming out when KHIII was not yet announced as a thing that exists.

cakito123

Awards
There should be no reason to ask when KHIII is coming out when KHIII was not yet announced as a thing that exists.
I kinda agree, but that really doesn't matter when you know the story isn't finished and you are a child full of expectations ~

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I kinda agree, but that really doesn't matter when you know the story isn't finished and you are a child full of expectations ~
Square Enix aren't new to this whole gaming business. They know gamers will naturally have a desire for a 3 when you name a game 2. Particularly when the numbered titles in your series are the only ones you've chosen to make for the main console, average players are going to see 3 as the only game that would be worth their time. They brought it on themselves.

kristi-swat

Awards
But I can't trust JUST THE ONE feeling that they will do it exactly like they did in KHIII. What If their marketing actually get worse???

And before the Final Battle trailer, the Dark Aqua one was also a spoiler-y troiler. And I remember that half the trailer is like, innocent scenes of disney worlds and gameplay. And then they cut to Dark Aqua and mickey in trouble like it's a fun twist to do?!?!

I really wish I hadn't seen that, because -as a surprise- Dark Aqua is a great idea, but if you start thinking for 10 minutes, Aqua is not the character that's supposed to fall at the last hurdle, she was supposed to be the one who endures in the RoD until help arrives.... and yet she goes and fails at the very last second? Anyway. As a surprise it'd work. Only as a surprise.

Also had a great experience with FFVIIR, now I realized that's probably because I wasn't watching any trailers for the game before launch.

Did you watch it?
Thank you. I'm still healthy and clean from spoilers for now. Although Dark road is the easy mode lol I don't know how's that gonna be when a khiv trailer releases again

Sorry? What are you talking about exactly? I remember seeing someone discussing how many years it took of hype exactly, but I don't remember much about it.
I think it's really subjective ~ since KHII launched I've been asking myself when is KHIII coming out, so personally for me the hype started way back there XD So I can imagine someone like me existing.
But just to get my point across, I'm saying that Kh fans were really anxious for KHIII and Square knew about it.
Yeap I saw all of it

Chie

Awards
I'm not saying "it doesn't make sense to be excited for the next game", I just mean that the names of the games are arbitrary.

AR829038

Awards
My issue is, not only can I not help but watch the trailers, but I also really enjoy watching other KH fans react to the trailers, so I'm kinda stuck. Luckily, seeing all the trailers for KH3 didn't really ruin the experience for me, although I did end up surprised that the Keyblade Graveyard stuff wasn't like a halfway point.

Katsagu

Awards
After KH3 I will definitelly be more carefull with the trailers. But honestly, discussing with the community and reading/watching impressions to the trailesr is something that makes the wait for the game a lot more enjoyable for me and something I really enjoy doing.

But final trailers are something I will refuse to watch, did so for VII Remake and NEO TWEWY. After NEO I went back to that final trailer and I simply can't believe the ammount of stuff they spoil.

Chie

Awards
Oh yeah, to be on-topic, I generally watch trailers/news for games up until I feel like I've "seen enough". This point is arbitrary but is usually many months before the actual release, where I just get that sense of "this is where I would stop showing info if it was me". Final trailers are always terrible danger city.

the red monster

Awards

Yeah i wish they didn't spoil anti aqua too. imagine seeing it in game for the first time...
really hope they can keep their pants on with KH4.

cakito123

Awards
My issue is, not only can I not help but watch the trailers, but I also really enjoy watching other KH fans react to the trailers, so I'm kinda stuck. Luckily, seeing all the trailers for KH3 didn't really ruin the experience for me, although I did end up surprised that the Keyblade Graveyard stuff wasn't like a halfway point.
After KH3 I will definitelly be more carefull with the trailers. But honestly, discussing with the community and reading/watching impressions to the trailesr is something that makes the wait for the game a lot more enjoyable for me and something I really enjoy doing.

But final trailers are something I will refuse to watch, did so for VII Remake and NEO TWEWY. After NEO I went back to that final trailer and I simply can't believe the ammount of stuff they spoil.
I'm still unsure about how much can I NOT HAVE, specially because I LOVE listening to podcasts and reviews and reactions, so I REAAALLY get the feeling. My secret hope is that Square only spoils the game at a really later date like some of you are suggesting they will, so I can watch some reactions and discussions about the game(s) without spoiling too much for me.

Although, I feel like when the community starts discussing spoilers, I'll try to come here first to start another discussion at once still in the dark, maybe I can aliviate my hunger talking about how curious I am with someone.
Because it'll be really hard staying safe from youtube.

Oh yeah, to be on-topic, I generally watch trailers/news for games up until I feel like I've "seen enough". This point is arbitrary but is usually many months before the actual release, where I just get that sense of "this is where I would stop showing info if it was me". Final trailers are always terrible danger city.
That's a really good way of doing it - I think with other media or games I can really stay out of the loop whenever I want like you. I remember doing this for the Sonic Movie and it actually surprised me positively, doing this for Sonic 2 again.

But with KH, me self-control goes out te window - I just can't help it but scream in agony when new KH content gets released hahahah and it hurts until I watch it or at least talk about it exhaustingly.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I may be weird this way, but I've never really been bothered about being spoiled. For me, it's never dulled the experience at all, on the contrary, getting little nuggets to think on helps fill the waiting and makes me think about the story more. I guess it's because for me, it's not simply about what happens, but the way it happens. You can know X event is going to occur, but you're not going to know what the dialogue is, the way the lines will be spoken, the way the scene is framed, where they're at as it takes place, how well-done (or not) it's all going to be, how much dramatic weight the story decides to take in regards to the event, etc. That's the reason that sometimes when you know something's going to happen, it can be so much horrible in your head and then not so bad when you're experiencing it. Or vice versa, you can build up something for how wonderful it could be, and then it falls flat in reality because of the way it's done.

And for me there's also the fact that I have a tendency to forget things at times. If I learn something about a story months before seeing the product, there's a good chance I'll have forgot about it by the time it comes out anyway, lol.

Back