• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
After watching the trailer a few more times (I've probably watched it about 6 times already) I'd like to update this. The graphics look alright during cutscenes and combat, but that Scala overworld looks terrible. I get PS1 Final Fantasy vibes from it and honestly, those games may have looked better.
It gives me Pokemon Go overworld vibes. In a way I'm wondering if Scala is actually a fixed "world" or if it'll have AR/location based gameplay.

AR829038

Awards
The main thing debunking this is secret report #12, which clearly says that Luxu gave away his keyblade before doing any body-hopping, but in the face reveal scene he still has it. Another is secret report #11, where the talk about the virus and "the same trick" has no explanation in this theory, but starts making sense if you assume that Luxu himself is the virus.

So, I'm going to spring for an unorthodox reading of that report. The exact line is: "Amid the chaos, I bequeathed my Keyblade to one of the Union leaders, just as the Master instructed." To me, it's not impossible that Luxu was being cheeky here and fudging the truth. He technically did give his Keyblade to Brain, one of the Union leaders—he just also took his body in the process. What he's saying is technically true, but it could be leaving out a lot of details. Luxu/Xigbar feels like the kind of person who would do stuff like that.
And then, of course, we also have to consider the ever-likely explanation that Nomura just didn't know what he wanted to write when he made those reports. Nomura has exhibited time and again that he doesn't think of everything, even though he always tries to make people believe he does. It's quite possible that the idea of Luxu taking over Brain's body and sending his heart into the future was a later idea (keep in mind how much time there was between the release of KH3 and the ending of UX, also the ending was stalled because of extra work that had to be done on it, i.e., maybe story revisions).
My guess is, Nomura thought of a new story he could tell with Brain in the future (or maybe Square just wanted him to make another mobile game), and in order to tell it, he had to retcon (as he so often does) a piece of lore he had established earlier.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It gives me Pokemon Go overworld vibes. In a way I'm wondering if Scala is actually a fixed "world" or if it'll have AR/location based gameplay.
Fun fact! The game is a story mode / Pokemon Go hybrid. You use it in its Pokemon Go form to collect materials to level your Keyblade up but there's Story Missions separate to that.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Not gonna lie, I personally would’ve traded Missing Link for a Kairi side game for the Switch.

Maybe it could take place around the same time as KH4 and also use a revised command deck and have you switch between Kairi and Aqua (both a single party).
or even a Kairi mobile game would've worked

she could've visited the Kingdom of Corona and meet Rapunzel

Katsagu

Awards
Not gonna lie, I personally would’ve traded Missing Link for a Kairi side game for the Switch.

Maybe it could take place around the same time as KH4 and also use a revised command deck and have you switch between Kairi and Aqua (both a single party).

I'm sure everyone would've traded the new gacha mobile game over literally anything else.

I'll probably end up playing it, but I really cant see how KH gameplay will work well on touchscreen, and I doubt it will run super well on my phone also. Gacha mechanics will 100% ruin that game

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You guys realize that there are action games that are good on mobile, right? Also Missing Link will probably be playable with a controller like First Soldier.
Nah, I care about my phone battery more than if a game plays well, and the better it plays the more of a drain it is. If it has controller support, then it should be available on console too.

This is also how I feel about First Soldier.

Chie

Awards
Phones are not accessible to me. Even a "good phone game" is just a good game I don't get to play, instead of a bad game that I wouldn't want to play anyway.

Nomura separating out the pokemon GO thing and the actual game and saying that he doesn't even like the former and you don't have to use it makes it sound like the actual game could be pretty easily ported.

Katsagu

Awards
You guys realize that there are action games that are good on mobile, right? Also Missing Link will probably be playable with a controller like First Soldier.
I actually don't realize that. Can you point me to some games so I turn into a believer?

Like honestly, I'm still in awe of what KH4 is shaping up to be, it's surreal to look at this and say "This is Kingdom Hearts". This series really is something else.

Last edited:

SuperNova

Awards
Something just came to mind about KH4, Sora is now legally old enough to drive like an actual car. He's been driving ships and disney rides for a long time, but an actual car now in a realistic city is a possibility.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
are you joking, or for real?
Nomura said it's the actor of an existing character altering his voice, and that the character isn't Brain. YX is the best match, although it's certainly possible it truly is someone new and their character just hasn't had a speaking role yet.

Last edited:

SuperNova

Awards
Nomura will do everything in his power to keep Xehanort as relevant as possible.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
What if Young Xehanort is with the Master of Masters in Quadratum lol

or it could literally be Xehanort as this is an afterworld and Xehanort turned back into a kid at the end of KH3

Back