• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you change about the KH χ story?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

magic713

Awards
What are your thoughts or changes to you'd like to say of the story of this game. The story changes can be big, small, nonexistent. It can be about the plot line or the characters or such. Just wondering of your thoughts on it.

This is another game I have next to no information on the actual story. The only small things I know is just a small number of the characters appear in the game, which is Ventus, and Marluxia and Larxene's Somebodies.

blank points

Awards
I think the biggest change I would make to the X storyline is have a greater emphasis on the Keyblade War. To me, while I otherwise enjoyed the entire X story, the biggest missed potential was that it didn't really focus on the actual war, aside from the ending of Browser X, which was only the final battle, and the X-Blade isn't even mentioned. What I would have done instead is have the first season end on The Bell ringing to signify the war, and have that be a cliffhanger. Then season 2 would have focused on the Player fighting in the War.

In Xehanort's reports in BBS, he mentioned that the war was a massive conflict, where worlds that did not go into battle eventually found the war brought to them. He also mentions that the fighters in the war were defenders of light, servants of darkness, those who wanted to reconcile the two, and those who were motivated by nothing more than lust for power. For the Season 2 plotline, the Player would travel to Disney and Original worlds that have been affected by the war, with the Heartless as well as Dark Keyblade wielders being the main enemies. Along the way, Player would meet wielders from all of the aforementioned factions. They would befriend fellow light wielders, with the Dark wielders being the main antagonistic force. Player would also meet wielders trying to balance light and dark, akin to Riku, which would serve as a lesson to Player that dark does not necessarily mean evil. Then, a secondary antagonistic side would be those driven by power. There would be several events where the Player would face off against this faction, to which they would also attack the Dark wielders as well. They would be the type that would attack any faction so long as it meant getting what they want.

This is really the only thing I can think of that really should have been explored.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I also would have like more of an emphasis on the story of the war for one, it was just so glossed over I felt.

For another thing, and maybe this is just a me thing, but the pacing was atrocious. I get it, it's a mobile game that features gacha elements and they need to make it last as long as they're making good revenue or ready to move on, thus is the curse of mobile. But the Disney world stories felt so detached and unimportant. Anytime I finally got Dandelions story I was like "YES" then before I knew it it was back to Agrabah for whatever. While I really enjoyed this game, building up my keyblades, making my awesome medals, and what story was important, a large chunk of missions and Disney stories just dragged.

Zackarix

Awards
Where to even begin? I'll echo the sentiments of having more focus on the war itself. Having a little build up then skipping straight to the end was such a cop-out.

The story should have been way more ambitious. The factions should not have been interchangeable. The Keyblade war was supposed to be so massive and devastating that it tore the world apart but everyone lives in one little town? They weren't even trying.

Arguably there shouldn't have been Disney worlds at all. Yes, I know that they're the selling point of the series, but this is supposed to be the era where all the worlds are one. They should have been focusing on worldbuilding that setting.

Have one, maybe two characters max from the present day. The Keyblade war is supposed to be so ancient that it's shrouded in myth. Having almost the entire cast make it to the future makes it seem like the the war happened six months ago.

Actually try to tell the story of the war that was alluded to before. It's fine if some details were wrong, but don't just do whatever. It's one thing if the fairy tale Kairi was told was way oversimplified, but the fact that the X-blade was nowhere to be found was a sign that things went off the rails.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd scrap the hologram of the future set-up. Just do Disney worlds but centuries before the movies happen. Its a chance to do some worldbuilding and have some fun.

I liked the idea of Unchained or Union being a sleeping realm. It's a way to deconstruct the Isekai genre that's super popular now.

I'd cut the Ven is a time traveler aspect. I'm not fond of Marluxia or Larxene being from this era but it's easier to sell than Ven.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'd scrap the hologram of the future set-up. Just do Disney worlds but centuries before the movies happen. Its a chance to do some worldbuilding and have some fun.
The inhabitants of some worlds are immortal anyway: Halloween Town, Neverland, Wonderland, Genie in Agrabah. (Plus the Aladdin tv series had serveal more immortal characters) Oh, & the "past" portion of Gargoyles could've been a world!

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd be down for exploring the Keyblade War more directly. So far Union X and Unchained tend to be set before it. But it might be better outsourced to another developer. Or it's better off left to our imagination.

Back