• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU [roleplay chatter/ooc thread]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, theres not a gonna be any street-fights breaking out on the first day, GM just said don't engage...and here she is engaging! Naw. Time-Out. Run that ish back.

I'm all for the idea of giving players pins as rewards, i'd personally deliver them like day one if needed.

Lets not go threatening anybody after my post purg, i'm loving the idea, but i hope Yuki mellows out as the week goes on, I wasn't prepared to see F-bombs getting tossed around haphazardly like that, where that self-control at tho? Gotta side with Spike on the level 0 - 2 comparison here. (Trust me, yall really don't want the smoke on day one)

purgatory

Awards
I definitely got carried away, but I'm trying to make a more provocative character this time around with short-temper and patience. I'll try to reign that in for now just a bit.

@Deimos - I'll eventually break it down in a post, it's two different variations of wave manipulation actually.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
At least to be fair, IC Yuki doesn't realize the gravity of provoking the people she just provoked. I know WE know, and I imagine within a few posts she may too.

Awards
It's all good, purg. kam will think it's ballsy. (...if not slightly trying, fff)

Yeah, theres not a gonna be any street-fights breaking out on the first day, GM just said don't engage...and here she is engaging! Naw. Time-Out. Run that ish back.

I'm all for the idea of giving players pins as rewards, i'd personally deliver them like day one if needed.

yeeeep that plan went out the window when Spike rolled up. it made for some fun, though. and good call on that last point about having the pins delivered in person, I'll work that in.

also, some barrier pins I found from ntwewy:
No. 231 Never Too Young
No. 235 Heartful Hot Dog
No. 289 Holy Guacamole!
No. 299 Rhino

Chromatic

Become
Awards
It's all good, purg. kam will think it's ballsy. (...if not slightly trying, fff)

yeeeep that plan went out the window when Spike rolled up. it made for some fun, though. and good call on that last point about having the pins delivered in person, I'll work that in.

also, some barrier pins I found from ntwewy:
No. 231 Never Too Young
No. 235 Heartful Hot Dog
No. 289 Holy Guacamole!
No. 299 Rhino

It seems like Never Too Young would be the ideal option for a starting pin then?

Awards
It seems like Never Too Young would be the ideal option for a starting pin then?

Sure. Kam will be tossing a 5 new pins to the players before she sets off in my next reply (she's so tired yall), and that can be one of the pins she gives. The other pins, I'll leave it up to you all. I would lean into using this pin tier list, and grabbing anything between B-C.

Also, I wrote too damn much but it's done and up and I think after one more round of replies, it may be safe to close out this day, if you all are good with it. Typically, or at least from what I recall, a new day begins with the players kinda just waking up to it.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Just so everyone knows, I'm planning on going with Crater's Kiss as my next pin when it's my turn to post.

Awards
Oh, and I linked out the pin in my post, but DJ's pin is Namikuguri (Pin No. 164). c:

Max

Staff member
Awards
But then where will The Coach get his Mon-Star discounts?!

Deimos

Awards
Looks like your up next Chromatic ;)
Just a quick welcome to the team!

Awards
Making me want to do a soft sketch of Rien tbh. What kind of guitar does she play btw.

bass c: a bass that doesn't need an amp. Don't ask how or why the concept just sounds cool OK don't @ me

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Jesus I’m glad I’m not a Player. I feel like Coach is gonna inadvertently kill them with exhaustion through training and confusion through contradictory statements. LMAO

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Name(s):
Kiyome, Rhys "Purplepanda1"

Age(s):
Twenty-One

Affiliation:
The Reapers

Ranking:

"Harrier"

Specialty/Psyches: Zetta & Sturm

Zetta is to lightning as Sturm is to water, Rhys is a harrier capable of using a hybrid psyche combining both water and lightning affinities. Generating droplets of water, and using them as anchor points to then shoot lightning in the form of vectors to chain in between the anchors forming lasers of with the heat conducted by an electrostatic blast, complimented by the physical weight of a stream of water. It should be understood that the functionality is at best a transmutation, this means that she is creating the water and lightning to manifest them both as vectors/lasers and there is a limit to how much can be made. Very similar to vandiken's Red Luminous, Rhys will at the minimum require a water source of some kind, she can do this from her own sweat, pull water from the air, or from a nearby source of water, the potency of how powerful any given vector she creates is based on how accessible her water source is. This has the drawback of dehydration, being disadvantaged in Arid Heat/Dry Heat, and the lasers will instead be significantly weaker and feel like minor pinches when connecting. It should be noted, her dabbling with electricity and water control are both extremely limited when used separately.

*Zetta (Slow) - It may as well be a taser by itself, in one hand she can only shoot in a straight line with little wiggle room outside of slight sways to the left and right to change direction. The impact when it connects is very similar to get zapped with a taser gun at it's strongest and a static shock, disorienting a target for a split second to "wake them up". This electricity is again, transmuted as is being brought forth. It's limitations are a requirment of holding a charge, this often mitigated using two copper rods and wire to run a current through back and forth similar to how a car alternator distributes and recylces a batteries charge over and over.

*Sturm (German?) - If you remember the days of supersoaker water guns, thats what it's going to feel like when it hits. Unlike Zetta however, Sturm can be moved in all directions flexibly and douse opponents in water. It's largely non-lethal, but it is strong enough to sweep you off your feet if there is an ample source to draw from.

Targeting Manual - Believe it or not, moving multiple vectors at once is much MUCH harder than you think it is. Rhys often can't control more than four beams on the low end with great success when relying on manual targeting. She will draw visible anchor points using drops of water that float in the air, telegraph a path of attack. It should be noted that these projected paths can at any time be changed or shifted to throw someone off guard and add another layer of rock paper scissors to he guessing game.

Target Auto-Lock - This is the bread and butter, targets that are doused in water or carrying some form of metal akin to copper, magnesium, nickel, and/or aluminum virtually make themselves lightning rods and her vectors will automatically track the target and the hit is guaranteed.

Counters to Auto-Lock

• Remain dry
  • Don't be wearing any of the metals listed [Nickel, Copper, Aluminum, Magnesium]
  • Set yourself on fire to dry [JUST...DO IT!]
  • Freezing/Air Dry
  • Just wear insulated clothing or some kind of rubber to dissipate the charge
  • Pray you get that God-Tier RNG
All suggestions, you're still gonna get slapped with the water portion, but all of the vectors are no longer guaranteed to hit you, and the ones that do are only pushing you similar to wave brushing past your waist.

Alternate Uses:

• The vectors make for great grind rails
  • She can create signage using the vectors by drawing the anchor points to make out and form letters and words
  • Can transmute duplicates of herself.
  • Winds her vectors into a tightly knitted water/electric grenades that detonate 2.8seconds after they leave her hand.

Noise Form - Felis Cantus

Personality -

Misplaced devotion. Rhys is if nothing else, loyal to a fault. This is evidenced by how distraught she has felt in absence of her late friend Tsugumi. When Rhys make a commitment, that discipline is almost obsessive, that aside she alludes a certain charm. A very strong sense of moving to her own rhythm. It can unfortunately get in the way and feel really black and white, closed off from alternate possibilities. In conversation (when not angry) she's very attentive, perceptive, and receptive and is always willing to offer advice but won't force it on you. She's actually a pretty decent conversationalist.

The associated trauma that came as a result of the loss has unfortunately given her a sharp turn of anger and animosity. She speaks incredibly fast and flubs sentences as run-ons. This is mainly triggered by choice encounters with Hanekoma as a reaction to spark the trauma of reliving the debilitating feeling of Tsugumi's passing. It's almost as she engages completely differently and gets tunnel vision and without relent, but she knows better than to do this in front of Izayoi (The Conductor).

Other/Misc. -

• -"Purplepanda1" was a codename provided to Rhys by R.3.M. upon having no choice but to become a collector for the Negative District.
  • Her direct conflicts with Hanekoma, Rien stem from Rien 'collecting' her partner, which effectively resulted in her death
  • Rhys unbridled loyalty to her late friend Tsugumi cast a vendetta against Hanekoma
  • She talks EXTREMELY fast when she's upset or anxious and her words overlap with each other
  • In a previous life she was a vocalist for an indie band, she actively sings for Kamiya's sessions.
  • Her favorite color is Indigo, not purple (LOL).
  • [Main Theme] - For You // Killswitch Engage
  • [Death March Towards Hanekoma] - Sent to Destroy // Combichrist
  • [30 seconds of going all out] - The Black Dahlia Murder // What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse (1:58 - 2:28)

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Jesus I’m glad I’m not a Player. I feel like Coach is gonna inadvertently kill them with exhaustion through training and confusion through contradictory statements. LMAO
coach seems Intense i am terrified of coach
Getting in his head space is wild. He's been a lot of fun to write, I can't wait for him to get some face to face with the players and other reapers.

Also, Dari, kudos to you for having so many well-fleshed out characters. I'm curious how Rhys and Hanekoma's thing is gonna pan out.

Back