• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you change about the KH:BBS storyline?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I see what you mean. I do like that form of storytelling, getting to see the story from different viewpoints, but it is honestly more of a narrative device suitable for films than for games, especially when the narrative only switches when you played the entire campaign of a character and have to repeat multiple times.
Oh I like that form of storytelling too, don't get me wrong. I think there are just better ways to go about it. This didn't like, ruin Birth by Sleep's story for me by any means, but if there was something I could change about it this would be it. I think progressing through each campaign simultaneously, maybe in a similar fashion as to what we did with Sora and Riku with the Drop system, it would have made the story flow better and really fixed the pacing in my opinion.

disney233

Awards
Capture 11.PNG
I will constantly bring this up, because it IRKS me so fucking much. The confrontation in RG felt so...NEEDLESS. There just seems to be tension for the sake of tension. And then this line came up, and I reiterated...NO. NO SHE DIDN'T. I honestly like the idea above letting TAV meet again together in Disney Town. Not only can they just clear the air and just...ease up and have fun together, instead of this dumpsterfire tension.

Zackarix

Awards
I will constantly bring this up, because it IRKS me so fucking much. The confrontation in RG felt so...NEEDLESS. There just seems to be tension for the sake of tension. And then this line came up, and I reiterated...NO. NO SHE DIDN'T.
I suspect that this is a result of too many and not enough rewrites. In earlier drafts of the story Aqua probably did find bad things that seemed to be connected to Terra, but most of these were dropped in the final version. Only they didn't bother to rewrite the Radiant Garden encounter so that it would line up with the new events.

But maybe we could play with this idea? Maybe Aqua actually is letting becoming a master go to her head. Perhaps she truly is judging Terra unfairly.

I remember another thread where someone was quite insistent that Aqua's story was always intended to be a Man vs Self conflict. If this genuinely was the was the intention Aqua should have been way more flawed and at least some of her problems should have been brought upon herself. Unfairly judging someone who is supposed to be her friend could be a good starting point.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Seems to be mostly a case of the writing acknowleding what the player has seen (Terra briefly working for the Queen, scaring Snow White, helping Maleficent get Aurora's heart, etc.), but forgetting to explain how the characters see it--leading to a case of "How did they know x?" Considering how poor the dialogue and so on is in BbS, I'm not really surprised.

Zackarix

Awards
I know this would require a more substantial rewrite than the tweaks we usually discuss in these threads, but the nature of the Unversed should have different, perhaps with them being soul- or mind-based instead of coming from Vanitas. Why? To provide lore justification for the Lingering Will.

As it stands now, LW happens because Terra understandably got super angry after being body-jacked by Xehanort. It's a cool moment, but do you know what would have been even cooler? If the entire game had been building up to that moment. Imagine if we had been fighting enemies based off powerful lingering emotions, then at the climax of the game we turn into one.

It even has a gameplay basis. In KH1 you can temporarily play as a Heartless, and in KH2 you start playing as a Nobody.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Less gullible Terra and have Aqua actually trust in her friends and actually listen to them ( The BBS Trio is the worst written friendship in the series in my opinion, it‘s hard to believe these three are actually friends)

Since we have to play through this game three times have less worlds and remove some of the worlds from certain characters stories as sometimes it just felt pointless having some characters in certain worlds.

In Disney Town get rid of the Ice cream beat mini game, find some other way that Ventus can help Huey, Dewey and Louie.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In Disney Town get rid of the Ice cream beat mini game, find some other way that Ventus can help Huey, Dewey and Louie.
Scratch that, get rid of HeuDewLou. I know I know, Mickey characters are ageless, time passes differently for each world, blah blah blah. That doesn't mean Square should just shamelessly have the preteen characters from KH1 be the same damn age in the game set 10 years earlier & act like that's ok.

disney233

Awards
Scratch that, get rid of HeuDewLou. I know I know, Mickey characters are ageless, time passes differently for each world, blah blah blah. That doesn't mean Square should just shamelessly have the preteen characters from KH1 be the same damn age in the game set 10 years earlier & act like that's ok.
N-no, this is...an ageless thing. Granted, I understand where you're coming from, but...I kinda feel it's an ageless thing. Although this kinda makes me curious on the Mickey Mouse universe lol. Do they KNOW they're ageless? Like...the Looney Tunes, the Animaniacs, they're perfectly aware that they're literally just drawings, but this begs the question...does the Mickey Mouse cast know? And does that kinda rule apply in the Kingdom Hearts universe?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
N-no, this is...an ageless thing. Granted, I understand where you're coming from, but...I kinda feel it's an ageless thing. Although this kinda makes me curious on the Mickey Mouse universe lol. Do they KNOW they're ageless? Like...the Looney Tunes, the Animaniacs, they're perfectly aware that they're literally just drawings, but this begs the question...does the Mickey Mouse cast know? And does that kinda rule apply in the Kingdom Hearts universe?
It's just....why even draw attention to it? Use Mickey's nephews as a substitute or something.

D

Deleted member 246005

In the KH2 without nobodies thread, I thought about making Sora Ven's reincarnation. Which he kinda is but I'm making it more straightforward.

The game becomes Sora trying to figure out his new memories and dealing with a plot brewing in the background.

Xehanort also got reincarnated and he's looking to rebuild his forces and adjust to the new universe. Xehanort, Seeker and Xemnas are seperate but that's flexible.

I dislike Xehanort so I wanted to make him more like Crocodile than Aizen. Watching him play catch up and rebuild is to showcase why he's a threat and set him apart from the other villians so far.

I also dislike Sora so this gives him a stronger internal conflict. It sets up questions of fate that he grapples with. He also doesn't hate the villians outside of Marluxia. So watching him grow to actually hate Xehanort is a good way to flesh him out.

Terra and Aqua could reincarnate into Riku and Kairi but that isn't necessary.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
I would want the characters to be able to explore EVERY area of each world and not say "There's nothing over there" when you head to an area exclusive to another character's story. I want Aqua to be able to go to Skull Rock.

Oh, and I would want free flight in Neverland. Not Ven learning Glide or Aqua bouncing off pixie dust bubbles, I want them to fly freely in Neverland just like in KH1 and DAYS.

Coliseum cups to add replayability to Olympus Coliseum.

And don't just give us a command board for the 100 Acre Wood. Give us a world in the story!

Destiny Islands should be a whole world and not just a cutscene.

Back