• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

what kh lore is essential 2 understand kh?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
edit: thanks for all the replies guys. Im def gonna play bbs before even starting this project, and I plan to go into all the complicated details because its rlly more for me that my friends tbh. I just want to ramble about a thing I love

Im going to be making a huge presentation(for fun) on the entire kh timeline bcuz my friends get so confused when I talk about kh.
i can easily summarize the games I have actually played through ( I hadn't had the money to buy a lot of the games until earlier this year, I still haven't played quite a few of them)
Im obviously going to explain key elements like the heartless and nobodies, org 13, etc, but I'm gonna run into trouble because I have NO CLUE what happens in bbs and I'm debating if I need to hold off this project entirely until I play it?
I wanted to play union x or whatever the mobile game was but I missed my window of opportunity ig :-(
Also for reference the games I HAVE played are the three main games, 358/2, and dream drop. I own bbs and chain of memories but haven't played them yet due to still replaying kh2 atm

So I guess I'm just wondering what lore YALL think is important enough to need to be in this presentation? its like slideshow English class project style if that's important idk

Last edited:

Sorarocks93

Awards
BBS is VERY important. For example, if you think Chain of Memories and KH2 expand the lore/universe of the game, BBS does so even more, especially for DDD and KH3.

Coded also has a bit of lore at the end, but that's about it.

You can still "experience" Union X, they didn't completely shut it down, you can view all the cutscenes in the app still. And Dark Road still has one update on the horizon.

There's also the KHx Back Cover and the game Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage- and both of these are included in the collection "Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue".

Alexxio M.

Awards
I also agree with Sorarock 93 bbs is super important and union cross and dark road are also very important. Then there’s kh2, days and chain of memories mostly to explain nobodies and to flesh out the organization and finally khddd will likely be important in the future due to some union cross shenanigans particularly shenanigans that happen during the finale and establishing the rules of time travel.

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
I also agree with Sorarock 93 bbs is super important and union cross and dark road are also very important. Then there’s kh2, days and chain of memories mostly to explain nobodies and to flesh out the organization and finally khddd will likely be important in the future due to some union cross shenanigans particularly shenanigans that happen during the finale and establishing the rules of time travel.
BBS is VERY important. For example, if you think Chain of Memories and KH2 expand the lore/universe of the game, BBS does so even more, especially for DDD and KH3.

Coded also has a bit of lore at the end, but that's about it.

You can still "experience" Union X, they didn't completely shut it down, you can view all the cutscenes in the app still. And Dark Road still has one update on the horizon.

There's also the KHx Back Cover and the game Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage- and both of these are included in the collection "Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue".
Alright i'll def playthrough bbs first. I have to admit im hesitant just because im very attached to the sea salt and destiny island trios and have a hard tine getting onto a whole new cast sometimes, but im sure I'll get just as attached to these new guys? Ive heard great things about it.

Also didnt realize x was still playable? I had heard they shut down the servers already lol

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Alright i'll def playthrough bbs first. I have to admit im hesitant just because im very attached to the sea salt and destiny island trios and have a hard tine getting onto a whole new cast sometimes, but im sure I'll get just as attached to these new guys? Ive heard great things about it.

Also didnt realize x was still playable? I had heard they shut down the servers already lol
They shut the server down, but you can still watch all the cutscenes in the app itself

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It depends on whether you want to include KHUX stuff. Personally, if I were introducing/explaining KH to a friend, I would stick to BbS to KH3's plot, to keep things simple. Then mention that was the story for Phase 1. There isn't really a reason to bring up KHUX stuff when it barely affects KH3's plot.

I thin the key stuff to focus on are: heartless, nobodies, The Organization, Xehanort, X-Blade, Kingdom Hearts, Princesses of Heart, hearts (world and people), keyblade/keyblade master, replicas, and time travel.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I would say...

BBS, KHI, CoM, and KHII.

Unfortunately, DDD as well, lol.

Noivern

Awards
I don't think you can actually cut corners when it comes down to presenting KH, lol. There's no "essential" lore because the way the franchise is presented, even Coded is important in the long run.

You either present a boiled down version that goes something along the lines of "Anime Islander dude loses his world to the forces of Darkness and then teams up with the Disney cast on a journey of self-discovery to bring his friends back" or you go into detail for each specific game.

That being said, if your friends don't want to/cannot play the games, I would recommend going through the Mangas as they present the story of most games pretty quickly (and in the case of Days, better than the game itself lol) which is enough to get a good grasp on the story and most characters, and then there's the Everglow timeline on youtube that pretty much puts the entire story (throughout cutscenes, ingame footage and so on from every game. all the actual relevant parts, too) in a easily digestible cronological order, BUT it's also the entire KH plot, so it's like 100h+ long. lol

shivaa

Awards
Thank you so much for the details and the explanations.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If your presentation is going up to KH3, then everything. You kind of can't skip anything if you are mapping a timeline. The only ones that would be tricky if you want to include are the mobile games. If your presentation is just phase 1, then KH1 through KH3 games, because every game has some lore, characters, or plot that comes back into KH3 so skipping one is going to cause confusion regardless. Though I'm trying to remember what carried over from ReCoded to KH3...

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Just throwing it out there: probably helps to watch all the movies the Disney worlds are based on. That's usually overlooked in the "required reading" factor.

Back