• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TrueTroper

Awards
*shrug* The titans lost to Zeus in the prologue of the film & yet Hades always thought they were the ticket to taking over Olympus. It's a plot logic issue the film always had.
Yeah, that's true.
Gothel got turned into a heartless, the big tree boss you fought.
I meant when Marluxia first showed up, he did something to Mother Gothel and we don't find out what.
Rapunzel's moves were dependent on her hair that she no longer has.
Still seems like a cop-out. She still has her frying pan and Flynn fights using it just fine.
Merlin's not a keyblade wielder & his method of training Sora in KH1 has throwing furniture at him. Frankly it's a wonder he was hired for the job to begin with.
It doesn't reflect well on Yen Sid, that's for sure.
Watch the Union X cutscenes. Also they retconned the shit out of Axel's GBA personality.
This is my major nitpick regarding Axel.

pastel.goblin

Awards
I was already annoyed that Naminé was left to wake up alone with some of her previous abusers, but Re:Mind makes it worse. Sure, the date with Sora and Kairi was cute and all, but knowing they were there the whole time but ditched her before even a hello, thanks for saving our butts back there? You guys are bad friends, all talk and no follow through.

There's too many blue eyed characters. At the very least Terra should have brown/amber-ish and Ven green, heck even the other way around would be nice. Aqua can keep blue I guess, blue seems to be her thing. And Kairi's should lean more into the violet side of the spectrum. More brown eyed characters over all would be nice, coming from a blue eyed girl aha.

Guernsey

Awards
How does Xemnas know about Larxene and Marluxia being keyblade wielders from another time? And why does he know about that aspect oft hem even moreso than Xehanort?

Guernsey

Awards
I know Sora is not a Mary Sue (and even that term is subjective) but it seems like the series seems to revolve around him or at least involve him in some capacity. I know he is the main character but despite just being a 'normal' person among a group special people, Sora seems to have somehow made himself special in the universe enough to have various doppelgangers of him.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I know Sora is not a Mary Sue (and even that term is subjective) but it seems like the series seems to revolve around him or at least involve him in some capacity. I know he is the main character but despite just being a 'normal' person among a group special people, Sora seems to have somehow made himself special in the universe enough to have various doppelgangers of him.
Well if you look at KH as a DisneyxFF crossover fan fic, then the OC who steals the spotlight from both franchises does come across as Mary Sueish.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well Sora is bit of a Gary Stu, everything always seems to somehow be revolve around him. It's less prevalent in the side games where he's not playable, but even then then it's still kind of always about Sora.
We have all these characters than manage to accomplish something in their own games. But as soon as Sora takes the rain, they can't seem to do anything until he does it for them. KH3 is the worse of the offender, with all the other characters setting out to do things and achieving none of those things.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The number of original characters introduced to the series since Chi is quite frankly ridiculous, like has anyone ever actually bother to count them all?

1-5. The Foretellers
6. MoM
7. Luxu, sort of
8. Player
9. Chirithy
10. Nightmare Chirithy
11-13. New Union Leaders, excluding Ven & other previously seen
14-25. The Darknesses, excluding the theoretical Vanitas just to be generous here
26-30. The Funky Bunch
31. Strelitzia
32. Xehanort's Mom
33. Old man Cloaked Figure
34. Hooded-hat Doofus
35. Yozora
36-38. Yozora's known supporting cast (which'll no doubt expand)
39. Subject X
40?. Nameless Star
41-45. Xehanort's classmates
46. Odin
47-53. Upper Classmen

Did I miss anyone there? I didn't count new Heartless/DE/Unverse/Nobodies, Amber & the other galaxy toys, or misc. Daybreak wielders. Think that's enough new faces already? Like I compared it to the number of Disney characters that made their KH debut in the same timeframe & the Disney debuts only edged out by merit of Classic Kingdom & guys like Sultan & Gaston appearing in returning worlds (medal-exclusive characters like Maui weren't counted).

Guernsey

Awards
Well Sora is bit of a Gary Stu, everything always seems to somehow be revolve around him. It's less prevalent in the side games where he's not playable, but even then then it's still kind of always about Sora.
We have all these characters than manage to accomplish something in their own games. But as soon as Sora takes the rain, they can't seem to do anything until he does it for them. KH3 is the worse of the offender, with all the other characters setting out to do things and achieving none of those things.

Unfortunately yes. Despite being the main character of the franchise, it seems like he is the least involved in the main plot. Things just fall into his lap despite rarely being involved behind the scenes.

Some of them may be the same person

That is the norm for this series.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
The "exclusive" Starlight Keyblade DLC fiasco before KH3 came out and the "Emergency Announcement" that revealed Starlight wasn't an exclusive DLC at all.
That reveal about the DLC was definitely annoying in my opinion as I actually didn’t enjoy the classic mini games on the Union X app but I wanted the exclusive content so it was annoying to find out I just wasted my time on it for nothing
How does Xemnas know about Larxene and Marluxia being keyblade wielders from another time? And why does he know about that aspect oft hem even moreso than Xehanort?
I always just presumed Luxu told Xehanort that fact for some reason and that as Xehanort Nobody he would be trusted with that information as well

Guernsey

Awards
I know this has been said before but Square Enix missed a good opportunity to remake Days and Coded for consoles. They could take advantage of the online capabilities of the consoles and they could had improved the multiplayer to apart of the main campaign. I will admit that this post was inspired by my experiences with Metal Gear Peace Walker and it might be more complicated than I am making it sound but it is still a missed oppurtunity.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I know this has been said before but Square Enix missed a good opportunity to remake Days and Coded for consoles. They could take advantage of the online capabilities of the consoles and they could had improved the multiplayer to apart of the main campaign. I will admit that this post was inspired by my experiences with Metal Gear Peace Walker and it might be more complicated than I am making it sound but it is still a missed oppurtunity.
I wonder if & when they'll give KH multiplayer another shot. Doesn't have to be a remake of Days, a new game with the Guardians of Light is probably more viable at this point. Personally I have issues with Days' mission structure, the correlation between single player & multiplayer modes, & about a dozen other things I believe need changing if there's ever a remake that probably wouldn't happen because then it'd be a FF7R scale reimagining at that point. A new multiplayer game is probably more likely at this point.

Noivern

Awards
Coded was definitely easier to do overall, but with Days it was probably because the scale would be huge. We had models and everything for most things so the graphical department would've been done easily for the ps2 era, but reworking the multiplayer would've been pretty chaotic. Specially since it would've been featured on future ports and stuff.

It was simpler on the DS, but having the game on a console-scale meant they would have had to pay much more attention and update more than just the basic gameplay, as well as caring about online servers, so I feel like that was a bit too much for their goal at the time.

Zackarix

Awards
Coded was definitely easier to do overall, but with Days it was probably because the scale would be huge. We had models and everything for most things so the graphical department would've been done easily for the ps2 era, but reworking the multiplayer would've been pretty chaotic. Specially since it would've been featured on future ports and stuff.

It was simpler on the DS, but having the game on a console-scale meant they would have had to pay much more attention and update more than just the basic gameplay, as well as caring about online servers, so I feel like that was a bit too much for their goal at the time.
Would a Days remake have to have multiplayer? I know that it was one of the original selling points, but what people remember the game for is its story. Other games in the series have also had multiplayer functions, but when they were made part of the HD collections those parts were cut.

Noivern

Awards
Would a Days remake have to have multiplayer? I know that it was one of the original selling points, but what people remember the game for is its story. Other games in the series have also had multiplayer functions, but when they were made part of the HD collections those parts were cut.

Not really, but then there was also the issue with the amount of playable characters that would need to be remade for a console game.

Also, Days was also an extremely basic game. Quite complex for a relatively early DS title, definitely, but if ported to a console with proper storage and better controls, they would need to create a lot of extra content to justify the port, specially if we're taking multiplayer out of the equasion.

It was a mission/instance based game with lackluster world exploration and little to no side content besides redoing the same missions over and over to farm materials for better gears later, mostly for the other characters.

Back