• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 in june..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Just software? As in no trailers for upcoming games or smash reveals?
Software IS games. Hardware is consoles.

The Switch Pro rumors were only ever speculation by "insiders", which this year seem to have gotten a LOT of things wrong.

And to be blunt I don't even want a Switch Pro. I use my Switch for Nintendo games, don't care what 3rd party games even come to it. I hate mid life upgrade consoles, the New 3DS and PS4 Pro were, in my opinion, slaps in the face to people who buy consoles early. Especially New 3DS, with actually exclusive games that couldn't play on the normal 3DS. And don't tell me a Switch Pro wouldn't do the same. It would.

If they put in the time and effort to release a more "powerful" Switch, at least just admit it is what it is: a sequel console. The Switch 2. Backwards compatible to the first.

I for one would be very angry if they did reveal a Switch Pro and Breath of the Wild 2 got special features only for it.

So yeah, screw the "industry insiders". Nintendo said software was the focus, so it's just games and not hardware, which is consoles. If they do reveal a Switch Pro, cool I guess, but if not I wouldn't be heartbroken about it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Software IS games. Hardware is consoles.

The Switch Pro rumors were only ever speculation by "insiders", which this year seem to have gotten a LOT of things wrong.

And to be blunt I don't even want a Switch Pro. I use my Switch for Nintendo games, don't care what 3rd party games even come to it. I hate mid life upgrade consoles, the New 3DS and PS4 Pro were, in my opinion, slaps in the face to people who buy consoles early. Especially New 3DS, with actually exclusive games that couldn't play on the normal 3DS. And don't tell me a Switch Pro wouldn't do the same. It would.

If they put in the time and effort to release a more "powerful" Switch, at least just admit it is what it is: a sequel console. The Switch 2. Backwards compatible to the first.

I for one would be very angry if they did reveal a Switch Pro and Breath of the Wild 2 got special features only for it.

So yeah, screw the "industry insiders". Nintendo said software was the focus, so it's just games and not hardware, which is consoles. If they do reveal a Switch Pro, cool I guess, but if not I wouldn't be heartbroken about it.
Yeah, but if they come out and say "KH3 only on Switch Pro" then I'm a buying it.

Violet Pluto

Awards
How was Stranger of Paradise the only good thing at the SE E3? Don't get me wrong, it looks... Odd, but it also feels like it's something, someone somewhere wanted. I don't know what Pixel Remaster is (or why it's only coming to steam and mobile) and Mana is a redo but it should be good as long as they don't mess up the controls. Stranger of Paradise was the only thing I could sink my teeth into the whole conference because it had a story, it showed off enough gameplay to make me curious and even if it's not really good, it could end up being one of those guilty pleasure games. The crystallization of the enemies, while pretty cool, is something I hope isn't necessary as I could easily find the voice-lines repetitive and the animation too long. Still I can't believe they only showed off three games at SE E3 this year.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
GotG coming to Switch was a surprise. They can do that but KH1.5+2.5 can't be done for "technical reasons"?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
GotG coming to Switch was a surprise. They can do that but KH1.5+2.5 can't be done for "technical reasons"?
I don’t think anybody’s ever argued the HD remasters can’t make it on. It’s 2.8 and KH3 that has people worried.

But also, we don’t know how demanding GOTG is. It might just be graphically demanding which is something that can be scaled down for a Switch release.

Edit: GOTG is a digital cloud game only.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well this explains it. GOTG on Switch is a Cloud version, no physical release planned

That just furthers raises questions about the lack of KH on Switch: even if there is no pro & KH3 can't run natively, they could do a cloud version alongside native ports of the older games, that is another option they could take.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m seeing that NEO: TWEWY was shown in the Japanese stream of the Nintendo Direct, but not the English one? Weird marketing choice.

the red monster

Awards
Xbox was the only decent show this year.
botw2 was just one minute trailer of almost nothing

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They should have shown it in the part of the Direct where they showed a lot of trailers.
That's exactly where it showed up in the Japanese stream too lol, sandwiched between Crayon Shin-chan and TGAA.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That just furthers raises questions about the lack of KH on Switch: even if there is no pro & KH3 can't run natively, they could do a cloud version alongside native ports of the older games, that is another option they could take.

I doubt SE Japan would want to go that route. It wouldn’t be difficult to do because they have the infrastructure for it as seen with GOTG, but would it even be worth the money? How many people are clamoring to stream KH3 to their Switch in 2021?

GOTG is a new game so it’ll get some sales, but KH3 has been around for two years so it would need some sort of event or celebration of the series to generate some additional sales for it.

Not discounting the possibility of it, but certainly not in 2021.

Back