• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Series PC Modding Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

So I created a mod on Nexus, my first actually, that replaces Data Xigbar's music with Kenny's theme from Attack on Titan, since they're both the same archetype and are both quite cool. It's slightly more complicated than a typical track replacement, because Xigbar's reaction command requires specific loop points to be made. This ended up making it even better, as the showdown is a lowkey, almost tense couple of measures of music, and the post-showdown music takes you straight to the crescendo.

I think it's worth a try even if you're not an Attack on Titan fan.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
You know what a cool would be? Manga face mods. Would it be difficult, or perhaps impossible, to pull off? Probably. But would it fun to see pulled off? Heck yeah😃

maximumlight8

Awards
kh1 rando has been absolutely insane. I'm actually really happy with how it has turned out, it also runs pretty stable. It is being constantly updated too so it will be pretty cool to add some variety to rando. Was getting super bored with KH2 rando.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Two months in and we have attack mods for KH3. I'm still bummed that they havent sped up the animation for the base ground finisher and/or changed the base aerial finish to a simple single strike, but what can an onlooker do but watch and wait.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Finally, the mod everyone's been waiting for! (right?)

298-1619575655-1474808401.jpeg

241-1618939640-958419312.png

535-1622100853-320898412.png

Last edited:

magic713

Awards
I'm wondering if it is possible to mod so Marluxia has a female voice (The character is anime enough that a fem voice wouldn't be too unusual, 😆)

magic713

Awards
You would need to get someone to record the lines unless you want to use an ai.
Yeah, I thought as much. I just wasn't sure if it was possible, from a modding stand point. If, by trying to remove the old voice and replace with a recorded a new voice, if it might also effect the background music and the sound effects as well the occur in the cutscene along with the voice.

Last edited:

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
It it feasible to mod cutscenes for pacing/editing and to make them playable/interactive? Or simply better animated and improved cinematography?

I know some modders have done these things on a small scale and on individual moments but I'd be really interested in a bigger collaborative project that tightens up the game from a narrative standpoint. Some of the issues are pretty easy to fix, I'd think. A few youtubers took some cutscenes to the laundromat/Final Cut Pro and they came out so crisp, fresh and taut that I actually finally understood what the point of the cutscene was. The originals were sometimes so monotonous and dull that I'd forget what they started on by the time we reached the end.

Anway, I'm useless on the coding side and can only comment on the filmmaking and writing aspects in which I have experience. I have no idea if that's even possible but I have seen some limited examples and was curious if it could be scaled up.

Cumguardian69

Awards
It it feasible to mod cutscenes for pacing/editing and to make them playable/interactive? Or simply better animated and improved cinematography?

I know some modders have done these things on a small scale and on individual moments but I'd be really interested in a bigger collaborative project that tightens up the game from a narrative standpoint. Some of the issues are pretty easy to fix, I'd think. A few youtubers took some cutscenes to the laundromat/Final Cut Pro and they came out so crisp, fresh and taut that I actually finally understood what the point of the cutscene was. The originals were sometimes so monotonous and dull that I'd forget what they started on by the time we reached the end.

Anway, I'm useless on the coding side and can only comment on the filmmaking and writing aspects in which I have experience. I have no idea if that's even possible but I have seen some limited examples and was curious if it could be scaled up.
What youtubers did that do you have example

magic713

Awards
Okay, so there is a new mod for KHCOM where the player can adjust the volumes of BGM, Sound, and Voices. So it is leading me to believe maybe it is possible to replace a character's voice without disrupting sound and music in cutscenes, assuming you have voice recordings to replace them with.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Okay, so there is a new mod for KHCOM where the player can adjust the volumes of BGM, Sound, and Voices. So it is leading me to believe maybe it is possible to replace a character's voice without disrupting sound and music in cutscenes, assuming you have voice recordings to replace them with.
Next-gen abridging.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Is there a mod to tone down fireworks display fights in KH3?

They went waaaay overboard with the effects and it just makes the visuals look incoherent. I miss the weighty metallic feel to keyblade fights.

Not every swipe of the keyblade has to be fantasia.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
How about some games that aren't KH3?

Last edited:
Back