• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When Are You Going To Buy A PS5 or Xbox Series X?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

When will you buy a PS5 or Xbox Series X?

• Slim

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Price Drop

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Now or whenever they restock

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • More new games

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Whenever financial situation is better

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
When the next major KH game is announced/released. Not falling for that Phat PS3 gambit again.

v4vendetta

Awards
Waiting for both my financial situation to get better and for more games to come out for it.
It seems silly for me to drop that much money in the middle of a devastating pandemic on something that may or may not be useful.

Actually, my gf and I are planning on going halvsies for the Oculus Quest 2 before we even consider the PS5.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Probably sometime this Fall. I already have the money put aside to buy it when I get the chance, but it'd be nice if it came down at least $50 a year later from when it was first released.

I'm referring to PS5, btw. Just keeping up with all the systems for KH and FF breaks me. It would be nice to be able to play Nintendo games though. Oh, well. I remember my sister had a GameCube when I was in high school and I'd play Mario Sunshine whenever she was out with her boyfriend. I read that game was recently re-released. I'd like to play it again someday.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Waiting for a revision and/or a price drop. I hate the look of the PS5 right now. I would rather wait a few years for a better looking design than have a hulking beast of a console take up space.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’m waiting for a slimmer version of the PS5. The current model is huge. I also hope we get a black model down the road.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm waiting until the next KH installment comes out. In the meantime I'm hoping for a slim version and a price drop., though I've already put the 500 aside for it.

I don't game enough to justify getting one just yet and at the moment most games will be cross gen.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I’m waiting for more games to be announced as from what I’ve seen none of the games have interested me so far and the ones that have are also coming out on PS4 so at this point I don’t really see a reason to buy one apart from the next Kingdom Hearts game and I’m hoping the PS5 has went down in price by then.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm telling myself that I'm waiting for the eventful Slim release (which should be 2023, seeing as how Slim models are usually released three years after the original version, and the PS5 was released on 2020, so). But I might flair over FINAL FANTASY XVI hahahah

D

Deleted member 246005

When a new Jak and Daxter game gets announced....so never....XD.

Honest answer- when a price drop happens, when new games pop up and when my financial situation improves.

AegisXIII

Awards
As soon as the Xbox Series X came out, I immediately ran to buy it, and now frankly I regret it. Because after trying the PS5, I realized that I liked it better.I think selling the Xbox would be the right thing to do. But I'm in no hurry to buy the PS. Let the price drop, so as not to go broke as with the Xbox.
I would say you shouldn't regret a thing. Consoles started to become complementary.
Xbox has the gamepass as a huge asset.
Playstation has strong exclusivities.

But yes, if you prefer the another one, you can sell it indeed.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Bought two in the first week they were out. I barely play the thing but it ended up paying for itself, and my girlfriend used it to play all the Kingdom Hearts games, and that's what it's all about, right? Eroding your relationship with Kingdom Hearts?

redcrown

Awards
I never planned to buy one, but if the price drops considerably in the future and there's enough games I want to play on it, then maybe I will.

I bought the ps4 when it was $300-$250 in the mid-late 2010's, so I guess if I ever get one it'll be in ten years lol.

AegisXIII

Awards
How are the restocks in the US? I haven't seen any console anywhere where I live. Sounds to me like a legend, like the unicorn. Well, at least, we have proofs unicorns have existed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I assume not that good? Lots of complaints on Twitter from US-folk about it being a console that doesn't exist, despite, y'know, it having sold more in this time than the PS4 sold.

Australia is apparently gearing up to clear out all existing pre-orders so hopefully it picks up in the US. It's a great console, I have no regrets having picked mine up day one. It has been PS5 enhanced ports for PS4 games so far on my end, but they've been fantastic ports with PS5 exclusive games coming soon (That Ratchet and Clank trailer!!) so the future is bright for this console.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Dear reader, she bought a PS5 a month after writing this.
300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions.jpg

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Newegg selling bundles for $1,000+. Absolutely ridiculous.

Back