• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The DisInsider: Big Hero 6 Characters coming to the MCU.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yes, Disney would deny more money from more toys and products 🙄

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know that Big Hero 6 was originally a MARVEL comic.

I was saying that DISNEY wouldn't want to dilute the Big Hero 6 brand by having the live action Big Hero 6 merchandise and the animated merchandise - especially when the animated one (specifically the animated Baymax) is a huge seller and incredibly popular.

What? They would absolutely want to do that. They make big money on Marvel merchandise, especially their collectable Marvel Legends action figure line and all of their highly expensive statues.

Variations of characters make them tons of money.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What? They would absolutely want to do that. They make big money on Marvel merchandise, especially their collectable Marvel Legends action figure line and all of their highly expensive statues.

Variations of characters make them tons of money.
Then where is my X-Men and original Spider-Man film merch!?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Then where is my X-Men and original Spider-Man film merch!?

You missed it? Idk what to tell you. Marvel Legends stuff comes out based on those franchises all of the time and there have been tons of statues and figures and home decor and clothing and all sorts of stuff released over the years. Kotobukiya statues are popular and good looking, or if you’re looking to spend big dollars they have $500+ statues out there of your choice.

I really, really don’t know what to say besides that.

Barrett

Awards
Skyler and Derek of the DisInsider talked about some interesting tidbits on their latest episode of their podcast on Patreon about why they're still confident in their scoop that Big Hero 6 will make the jump to the MCU. Only gonna share some info that they publicly stated outside of their podcast in some of their tweets and RTs, but basically the Variety article almost contradicts itself 2 sentences in by saying that "Big Hero 6 could appear in the MCU in the future," how other major trades such as Deadline or the Hollywood Reporter haven't gone out of their way to debunk their scoop, and how Variety's track record hasn't been that good since Variety veteran Justin Kroll left the company for Deadline. There's a lot of other reasons why, but they've only said those in the podcast, so take all of that what you will.

Personally, even if it turns out it might not be true for now, I still think Big Hero 6 in the MCU is inevitable. Big Hero 6 and its characters have become recognizable names now, even though most would only know the Disney-created versions. Incorporating these characters into the MCU would make easy $$$, imo.

Back