• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can we have a status update feature?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
I don’t know if it would be possible, but I think this place could do with a status update section on the index page (like the current Twitter one, but for messages KHI members can post right here).

It’d be useful for when you want to make non-sequitur comments are just say whatever’s on your mind without having start a whole thread.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought we did have that?

Edit: ?

PWsUBCf_d.webp

WaltK

Awards
That’s a bit different to what I was thinking.

As far as I can tell, that lets you post statuses on your profile, and anybody who’s subscribed to you can see them.

I was talking about a space on the index page where anyone can post messages for anyone to see.

Perkilator

Awards

As far as I can tell, that lets you post statuses on your profile, and anybody who’s subscribed to you can see them.

I was talking about a space on the index page where anyone can post messages for anyone to see.
^^^ I second this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s something to float to the admins I guess but, for example, if a person with an underage foot fetish had free reign to post thoughts freely, unrelated to any threads, then I’d be terrified.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As far as I’m aware, the main page’s existing status update should be visible to all users and allows for engagement on those posts.

Like for example it will absolutely post to your profile, but it is also public for everybody to see and engage in. It is different from going to your profile and posting on it which does not show in that status update feed.

Could you perhaps show me an example of what you are looking for exactly? Either from another forum or social media site???

Back