• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► NEO: The World Ends With You announced to release Summer 2021

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Though I'll miss the sprites especially for the noise, they're not quite the same in 3D.
Yeah, though this is their first time working with 3D. Maybe an eventful sequel could have reworked 3D models?

Like it's stylized urban presentation in the UI, the simplified presentation of other people and anime-esque models.
Ah, yes. Now I can see it.

Hm yeah, honestly hard to tell from just the trailers. But it I got the vibe that they're more like Gym Leaders there to challenge players than how they used to be, where they aimed to erase them. Might just be a false impression though.
hahaha that's a good observation

It definitely does have a very different feel than the maps from the original game. I wonder, if we still might end up in Shinjuku. This is an early trailer and there still might be locations to be revealed.
Maybe we'll get an extra week where we play in Shinjuku?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, though this is their first time working with 3D. Maybe an eventful sequel could have reworked 3D models?
Yeah, I can seem them still tweaking them a bit. But it's not like they designs aren't working. I'll just have to get used to it.

Yeah. To be fair we don't even know, if the format or rules of their game is the same. Like I don't remember seeing the timer on any of them

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wanna see that old idea of Reaper games being played in other cities around the world come back. Instead of multiple weeks in Shibuya to pad out the game, send the players to like Cairo & Paris.

sakonan7

Awards
I thought that was Yozora for a minute lol. But dang, I think this is a prequel because Minamimoto looks different and isn't Neku's partner like that girl from A New Day wanted

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought that was Yozora for a minute lol. But dang, I think this is a prequel because Minamimoto looks different and isn't Neku's partner like that girl from A New Day wanted

Yo, all day people have been saying he looks like Roxas but I didn't feel like that. Now that you said Yozora, I feel that lines up better xD

A true King. He suffers too much for our sake. =(

Yeah, he's done everything to try and make TWEWY survive to reach this moment. We gotta pour one out for him.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Nomura literally calls it a sequel. Sho's description literally mentions his involvement with the last game.

SuperNova

Awards
So...did anybody else notice the Reaper in the trailer wearing a Mr.Mew robe?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm just... so happy. I can barely form words. -sobs- The years of waiting paid off. Let this show us all that dreams do come true, and good things come to those who wait.

And I'm excited for all the TWEWY hype that is setting in, and the fandom becoming alive again.

It'd be cool if TWEWY became an official Square Enix franchise after this. It always deserved to be.

2 quid is good

Awards
Yeah, I think I was just a little shocked by the shift to 3D to actually have any strong feelings on it, but the movement seems a little.... Slow? To me, but anyway, there's clearly a lot more left to go, the fact that we're in this position at all isn't something I would have dared to imagine. I really can't wait to see more

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Bless Nomura, single handedly kept TWEWY alive for more than a decade while TWEWY's fanbase kept shitting on him for associating it with KH. What a flex this trailer was.
I mean, to be fair, TWEWY came about because CoM existed. They used the latter as a foundation, and while it's an independent series on its own right, I guess you can say...KH is TWEWY's "mom", like how Bouncer was KH's "eccentric uncle/absent dad," although that honor could also go to Final Fantasy...

Edit: Make that "eccentric uncle who was the actual absent dad while mom had a drunken ménage-a-trois with both him and dad who turned out to be stepdad/hardass uncle."
I was wondering why some guy on the trailer basically said that P5 fans were dumb. Anyway after... over a decade of my life, Twewy 2 is coming... Oh no, I'm old now.
We're all fucking old:ROFLMAO: excuse me while I get my meds for my rheumatism and blood pressure.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

Awards
Hype-Chan has a name!

Also, this was something I needed after having to grade a biology final where people obviously cheated.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Man I need to finish Final Remix.

Mood. I just popped it into my Switch. I thought I was much further than Week 1, Day 3 but LOL nope.

Yep xD I imagine Shiki is now a very popular designer. What happens with Players after they survive the game is that they go on to become amazing designers, inventors, musicians, and whatever their focus is because they are proven to have high Creativity which allows them to prosper in the world.

Katsagu

Awards
This is increadibly awesome!!! Can't wait to see more of the game.

I should probably pick final remix along the way, I only played this a while back on the DS, so I don't really remember most things about the game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, I can seem them still tweaking them a bit. But it's not like they designs aren't working. I'll just have to get used to it.
Yeah, they're good models for a concept they're working on for the first time.

Yeah. To be fair we don't even know, if the format or rules of their game is the same. Like I don't remember seeing the timer on any of them
Good point.

I wanna see that old idea of Reaper games being played in other cities around the world come back. Instead of multiple weeks in Shibuya to pad out the game, send the players to like Cairo & Paris.
Hmm. This is a good idea, but I think they'll leave that for future TWEWY games. Maybe Neo will take place singularly in Shibuya or will pad out with other Japanese cities, like Shinjuku.

It'd be cool if TWEWY became an official Square Enix franchise after this. It always deserved to be.
I mean, it always has. Now with Neo, I presume the franchise's recognition is gonna blow up.

but the movement seems a little.... Slow?
This is coming from a built of the game that was used for the trailer. The game comes out, like, nine months from now. They'll have enough time to polish it.

Mood. I just popped it into my Switch. I thought I was much further than Week 1, Day 3 but LOL nope.
I'm on Week 2, but actually replaying it xD Thinking of replaying it from zero. Again. xDD

pastel.goblin

Awards
Yes~! I like the idea of Shiki becoming a successful designer, but also I'm replaying the original and there's a Mr. Mew suit item, description says that Shiki made it for a school festival and it mysteriously disappeared afterwards? Maybe a connection, idk

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
but also I'm replaying the original and there's a Mr. Mew suit item, description says that Shiki made it for a school festival and it mysteriously disappeared afterwards? Maybe a connection, idk
I'm inclined to think that the current Reapers will have some sort of indirect connection with Neku, Shiki, Beat and Rhyme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back