• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura has always favored Riku so it's not that surprising; he's one of the most complex and fleshed out characters in the series who's been there since the beginning, all the other attempted redemption arcs so far in this series still don't really hold a candle compared to his. Calling it bias is a bit much since it implies his popularity and creator fondness is unearned.

If he is playable and heavily features in the Shibuya game, then I'm definitely going to buy that game, and probably break my promise of never preordering a KH game ever again.

Oracle Spockanort stated everything that I would have replied with concerning your response. There's not much for me to say without the risk of sounding repetitive. The post encapsulated all my thoughts.

The only difference is that, while I understand that you like Riku, I don't feel the same way. I'm tired of him, I'm tired of him being pushed, and he has become utterly dull to watch due to his growth having reached its finality. Yes, he had a good redemption arc...keyword, had. I respect his character for that. But that happened because Nomura allowed him the chance to in the first place in a series with an overall subpar/mediocre narrative full of nonsense. That doesn't change the fact that his time is done, his arc was completed ages ago, his development has stagnated, and it's about time the bias goggles came off and other characters get more screen time to shine instead of incessantly pushing a character that should be benched.

I rather take a Naminé game where they have her go on adventures and train as she obtains a Keyblade and discovers past mysteries from the Age of Fairytales. If they don't think she can sell by herself, drop in Roxas. And Roxas. I'll even take a Roxas game, since I don't believe 358/2 Days counts as one for him since it got hijacked by Xion, and he's much more dynamic and interesting personality-wise. I'll take a game with TAV and Kairi exploring Ventus' memories as it slowly comes to light via the Forerellers' presence in the plot. Literally anything would be better than shoehorning Riku in because Nomura refuses to let favoritism go. It's why we have Dollar Tree Noctis with Dollar Tree Stella and TWEWY thrown in.

This would have perfectly set the bar for Kairi to take the spotlight since she's the only one out of her trio that hasn't gotten to and Riku has since long peaked. They blew it.

The fact the next game is riku focused is the most disappointing thing imo.
he's been so boring since DDD for me.
we already got to play him a lot.
i wouldn't care if it was anyone else, but of course it had to be him.
very uninterested in the next game, just hope what comes after that will be worth it (probably not)

Exactly my feelings.

If I hadn't dropped the series already, this supposed upcoming game with Riku (along with MoM cause...wow), would have had me pack my bags and go.

maximumlight8

Awards
I wonder if true 100% unlocks a secret ending or something. So surprised there is nothing really about MoM.

Cumguardian69

Awards
*read spoilers*

.... 😑 .... I'm so tired of this bullshit.

EDIT: also someone tell me how to do spoilers tags again. Got some shit to say about this ABSOLUTE NONESENSE
Bbc code [] for spoilers and /spoilers

ALSO dw about kairi tresfment

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Riku didn't place that high on the poll? Could have sworn he was a fan favorite. Who placed higher than him?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Zettaflare Riku came in third on that poll. I'm pretty sure Roxas or Axel beat him (since Japan loves Days and those characters). I want to say Roxas, but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

And Stella being a key needed to help save Sora, makes me wonder if the theory about Sora and Yozora switching bodies at the end of the Secret Episode is true. Like, maybe they'll need Riku and Kairi to sort out the parts that are Sora, and Stella to sort out the parts that are Yozora... probably not.

But now I wonder if the Secret Episode actually takes place after Melody of Memory. Did Stella learn she should save Sora from Kairi and Riku, and she then somehow contacted Yozora to help out with that? Spitballing here.

disney233

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
It takes more effort to think of why a girl should turn into a male character than just using said girl in the first place, this is just so far gone it's funny

Cumguardian69

Awards
Bruh so ur telling me in kairis dreams she summoned the KK and used that to have a Sora dream avatar fight the fictitious MX? Because even in HER DREAMS she can't stand up to a baddy? Lolol.

Just kill all females in the series (except Aqua-sama who I want to step on my tiny genpor and emasculate me). Make it the boyband that FFXV was supposed to bd

AegisXIII

Awards
Oh boy, what happened here?

I do not want to spoil myself reading story stuff. All I want to know is: how much story content is there approximately in term of cutscenes? And does it move the plot forward a little?

That's it. thanks if you can answer me.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Oh boy, what happened here?

I do not want to spoil myself reading story stuff. All I want to know is: how much story content is there approximately in term of cutscenes? And does it move the plot forward a little?

That's it. thanks if you can answer me.
Little, it is backended and essentially it fills in some details from remind's ending

NoWay

Awards
Wow this is really sad. I’m glad I’ve preordered Hyrule Warriors instead of MoM.💀
I feel like a clown for hoping Kairi is going to be relevant in MoM. 🤡

KeyToDestiny

Awards
.... *sigh* god damn it

Ok..... look: I haven't played the game yet. Actually seeing the events in action could change how I feel, I fully acknowledge that. And despite all this, the game still at the very least going to be a good time. I've spent a good chunk of time on the demo already and if there's one thing this game actually surprised me with was the gameplay actually being pretty fun for me. Sucks there aren't many boss fights but that's not really a deal breaker...

...so... all that being said.......
SPOILERS BELOW
(sorry, I guess I suck at spoiler tags. Just skim past it, I guess)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

All right fam, I'm gonna go watch more The Owl House.
It's a literal Disney game for kids. Relax. How embarrassing. Posts like this is why I hardly post here anymore.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Oh, let's just come off it. Even with bad writing, we all know we're going to buy the game anyway, even on sale, because we liked the series as kids. The Disney nostalgia keeps us hooked, those who are into jRPGs stay for the Final Fantasy elements, and the fact that we wasted our time in the game through the years sealed the deal. We make threats to walk away but then something inside us snaps and we turn tail and run right to the door with open arms. You know it, I know it, we're all going to buy it, even if that's a bitter pill to swallow. There's no denying that. I'm gonna end up buying this game too, even on sale.

That said, the writing for Kairi is still terrible. Nearly 20 years and Kairi is still on the backburner. You'd think in all that time the game's style would diversify and not just in terms of niche genre. Maybe it's because there's very little feminine influence in the studio? The only female names I can remember off the top of my head that was involved in KH are: Utada, Shimomura, and Kanemaki. The first two are strictly on music and the last one...well she's the reason Xion is in the game but that's about it.

Actually...not as a diss against Nomura but has he even had a significant relationship to any woman before, besides his mother? Maybe even just a female friend if nothing romantic?

Edit: + story elements. If it weren’t for the fact this game had story elements I’d have ignored it because I suck at rhythm games.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Riku didn't place that high on the poll? Could have sworn he was a fan favorite. Who placed higher than him?

Sora, Roxas, and Axel, in that order, all pretty close to the point where it could have been anyone's game with those three. Riku, on the other hand, got fourth place. I forgot the actual numbers to analyze if the gap was significant but Nomura didn't like the turn out enough to comment on it regardless 🙄.

Back