• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Their return wasn't really the focus so much as Sora healing "their hurt" was. He's accomplished that.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
ITT: We need to get rid of the trios so we can have meaningful character interactions by making new trios

No that's not how this works, we shouldn't be grouping people at all! Have characters just move in and out of the narrative in a way that makes sense and feels natural

May-Jor

Awards
ITT: We need to get rid of the trios so we can have meaningful character interactions by making new trios

No that's not how this works, we shouldn't be grouping people at all! Have characters just move in and out of the narrative in a way that makes sense and feels natural

They already kinda do this, 'cept characters get their time in the narrative based on if they can fight and/or have a keyblade.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Not true. All those Keybladers in 3 but only Sora mattered

But the rest who had Keyblades were the only ones integrated with the main cast and got to be in the OP.

It's definitely you have to be in a trio (that shit got fully out of control with those side games and I'm glad Nomura suffered for those unoriginal and basic decisions of SRK rip offs within the narrative once KHIII came around, serves him right) and that you can fight in KH to get any damn relevance. It's one of the biggest disappointments of the series next to the treatment of female characters and the random/retconned/forced in nonsense.

astertide

Awards
Yeah, KH1, Days and BBS were basically the same story repeated three times imo

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Xion more interesting then Ven...? Um ok we all have our opinions on that matter I suppose, also “Face My Fears” Just cause someone appears in Union X doesn’t mean he/she will be important, I don’t really see Elerena/Laraxene being that important other then being with Lauriam/Marluxia, just like she said “I’m only in for the ride”

Well I won’t deny that Roxas and Xion have bigger connection with Kairi but Ven also has a minor connection with Kairi, both are pure light and both were inside Sora’s heart, yea I know it’s not much but it’s something, if I’m being honest it’s Namine and terra who I want to see more of with kairi.
KHUX characters are being poised to be the stars of Phase 2. The Foretellers appeared at the end of KH III, Marluxia/Larxene were given a KHUX makeover, and Ven was chosen to be from the ancient past to slap some relevance on him. It would be pointless to show all of this and NOT involve it in the next phase.

My biggest fear is Kairi getting KHUX'd, or God forbid Namine/Xion. I don't mind Ven getting his character tarnished by being KHUX'd, but I'd rather Kairi and others actually maintain their original characters, and not get retcon slapped by KHUX for story relevance in Phase 2.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As if Ven even needed UX to be important. BBS left enough teases to intrigue the audience, UX is just filling in the blanks.

Cumguardian69

Awards
But he was ACKSHUALLY from aoft is not importance. Lmao. We still dont know what/why dorkness, MoM and his squad, or even what the union leadees are doing or why they are doing it

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
As if Ven even needed UX to be important. BBS left enough teases to intrigue the audience, UX is just filling in the blanks.

I definitely think Nomura was attempting damage control with Ven since he isn't as popular as the other male characters and ranked low in that one poll. He showed more of Riku due to the same thing.

If only he would show the same effort for the women without fans having to force his hand to do it.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I definitely think Nomura was attempting damage control with Ven since he isn't as popular as the other male characters and ranked low in that one poll. He showed more of Riku due to the same thing.

If only he would show the same effort for the women without fans having to force his hand to do it.

I have to agree with this. In the 15th anniversary male character popularity poll the top 5 was Sora, Roxas, Axel, Riku, and Terra.
Ven ranked 6th. For comparison on the female character poll Aqua and Xion were First and second Kairi was third Namine was fourth and Larxene was a very distant fifth.

If we were to combine the polls it would be

1: Aqua

2: Sora

3: Roxas

4: Xion

5: Axel

(Disclaimer yes I know this isn’t perfect as both polls were separate, but this is still probably somewhat accurate)

What’s funny is Terra was fith in the male poll and Nomura hasn’t really done anything with him since. Not to the extant of Aqua and Ven.

Also he only commented that Riku needed to be more popular despite him and kairi receiving roughly the amount of votes.

Source: https://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-15th-Anniversary-Feature-in-Famitsu-9005

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I have to agree with this. In the 15th anniversary male character popularity poll the top 5 was Sora, Roxas, Axel, Riku, and Terra.
Ven ranked 6th. For comparison on the female character poll Aqua and Xion were First and second Kairi was third Namine was fourth and Larxene was a very distant fifth.

(Disclaimer yes I know this isn’t perfect as both polls were separate, but this is still probably somewhat accurate)

What’s funny is Terra was fith in the male poll and Nomura hasn’t really done anything with him since. Not to the extant of Aqua and Ven.

Also he only commented that Riku needed to be more popular despite him and kairi receiving roughly the amount of votes.

Source: https://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-15th-Anniversary-Feature-in-Famitsu-9005
How is Aqua more popular than Sora, when I constantly see people calling her an "emotionless robot"? I honestly thought Roxas or Riku would have taken the top spot of the polls.

I'm amazed that Terra was in the Top 5, maybe because he's Lingering Will?

Super proud that Xion was ranked number two, deservedly so (even though number one is more suitable for her). I thought Namine would have been second, but with the little that she got, third is respectable.

He probably wanted Riku to be more popular than Kairi because he had big plans for Riku in future games, while Kairi would stand on the shores of Destiny Islands for the next 15 years. Sometimes when I think about the KH series, I kind of wish that Sora (Mickey and Roxas too) were the only ones with keyblades. Looking back at KH1-2, it would have been much more interesting to see Sora with the keyblade, Riku with Souleater/some other sword, and Kairi with light powers. It would have kept the keyblade as special/unique to Sora, while also not blocking Kairi from being part of the action because she didn't have a keyblade.

I think the biggest issue with Kairi is that Nomura (unintentionally?) wrote himself into a situation where he couldn't use her. He made Riku extremely dark and brooding, so he wouldn't reach out to her for help. Kairi was stranded on Destiny Islands with no way to exit. I feel like if Nomura had the foresight to have known what would happen in the future, he could have had Xion/Axel/Roxas find Kairi during KHCoM/Days and bring her into the action sooner. Imagine if the real Kairi was there at the end of CoM and Sora didn't recognize her, then she and Namine worked together to fix Sora's memories and looked over him. It could have been Riku/Kairi trying to convince Roxas to go back into Sora (Riku wants to fight him, Kairi wants to talk him into it), Namine having her own issues accepting that she would have to go back into Kairi, and DiZ trying to manipulate them all to get revenge on Xehanort.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
How is Aqua more popular than Sora, when I constantly see people calling her an "emotionless robot"?
Popular female characters always receive a backlash from a subset. I was more shocked about Xion being in the top 5 combined list...

Were those polls before or after 3D? I can kind of understand why Riku is below Roxas and Axel. I guess it comes from being a firstgen KH fan that he's my favorite. I imagine once he "reformed," he wasn't as edgy or interesting as rage-y Roxas with the existential life crisis or cold-blooded murderer / chessmaster Axel for the fans who began when 2 and/or Days released. I suppose Nomura using Riku more regardless is a sign that he really doesn't care what the fans want in regards to who gets the most story time. I can't really fault him for that, since these are his characters. Although I understand how it's frustrating for fans when your favorites are ignored, too.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

I know these are different polls and all...but I don't care. Xion beating out Riku puts a smile on my face. I'm gonna milk this harder then Disney milks "Let it Go!" Also glad that Terra was in the top 5 of the male bracket. He's such a underrated character that deserves more praise.

Sorry Riku, but looks like you can fight fire with sparks. You got Sham'd by a puppet!

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Popular female characters always receive a backlash from a subset. I was more shocked about Xion being in the top 5 combined list...

Were those polls before or after 3D? I can kind of understand why Riku is below Roxas and Axel. I guess it comes from being a firstgen KH fan that he's my favorite. I imagine once he "reformed," he wasn't as edgy or interesting as rage-y Roxas with the existential life crisis or cold-blooded murderer / chessmaster Axel for the fans who began when 2 and/or Days released. I suppose Nomura using Riku more regardless is a sign that he really doesn't care what the fans want in regards to who gets the most story time. I can't really fault him for that, since these are his characters. Although I understand how it's frustrating for fans when your favorites are ignored, too.

This was after 2.8 in 2017, the 15th anniversary.

Foxycian

Awards
KHUX characters are being poised to be the stars of Phase 2. The Foretellers appeared at the end of KH III, Marluxia/Larxene were given a KHUX makeover, and Ven was chosen to be from the ancient past to slap some relevance on him. It would be pointless to show all of this and NOT involve it in the next phase.

My biggest fear is Kairi getting KHUX'd, or God forbid Namine/Xion. I don't mind Ven getting his character tarnished by being KHUX'd, but I'd rather Kairi and others actually maintain their original characters, and not get retcon slapped by KHUX for story relevance in Phase 2.
i guess I need to fill you on Everything Face My Fears... first of Ventus past is not a retcon (0.2 is the retcon for forcing Aqua into the story of Kh1 and make us want to believe that she was always there but we didn’t know, also master defender keyblade being on destiny island all this time and we didn’t see it? seriously? 0.2 was fun but an obvious retcon) OK listen, I said it Before that I didn’t like Ven being from Union X, I even made a topic about it that Ventus being from Union X is retcon, but people corrected me quick telling me it’s not a retcon and Im not using the word retcon properly

His past is not a retcon because for 5 obvious reasons

1. we never knew where he came from

2. Xehanort in report 9 say that it was destiny that allowed him and Ventus to meet

3. Ventus station of awakening had no faces just a picture of the keyblade graveyard, soo many mysterious surrounding him

4. Rise of the Union (a very important well known Theme in Union X) this theme was used on Ventus the most in BBS and when he saved Sora in DDD

5. Upon his final fight with vanitas, vanitas said our “Union” was not finished, soo many hints and details

I’m not saying Nomura planned this from the start but Ventus being from Union X was believable with all those hints, soo many things about him was a mystery.

again being from Union X doesn’t mean you will be relevant, Laraxene doesn’t seem to be that important if anything she will be just Marluxia right hand man and always next to him, and brain is most likely dead cause he is the ancestor of Eraqus, Union X is part of phase 1 and 2 it’s connected to both sagas, most of the old characters will play a new role in this new saga you don’t need to have a connection to Union X to be important.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

People aren't looking at the numbers.

Keep in mind the total of voters (it's limited) and how Xion, Kairi, and Naminè don't really have a huge gap between each other. It's Aqua that's the eyebrow raiser and leaves them in her dust. I'm surprised Naminé made it with her amount consider how casted aside she has been, how she doesn't fight, and how she hasn't been playable, let alone been given a full a concrete arc (CoM happened years ago). She got through this poll by simply...existing I guess? I don't know.

I feel if the poll was done again, Kairi would have more votes now.

Personally, while I respect Riku's character development, he's obviously peaked, and even I find him rather dull. Especially when against dynamic personalities like Roxas, Axel, and Sora.

Last edited:
Back