• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But the characters that will go on the backburner will probably be the ones people want more of. Namine and Xion are the number one candidates most people volunteer to be written out, when I think they should get more attention.

If anything, Riku should go on the backburner for a while, but I doubt that will happen.

I mean, I don't want Xion to be involved because she's one of the least relevant to the new plotlines lol

Like if MoM and the Foretellers are going to play big roles in the next saga, then I'd want Lauriam and Elrena to have more screentime as well? They shouldn't have to fight for it just because they're not willing to retire fan favorites. That's so unfair. I don't want to see people shoehorned into situations where they shouldn't be just because they're desperate to keep them involved somehow.

astertide

Awards
Miss Controversy's cherry hair
Her rosy cheeks, her skin fair
Her shoulder adorned with a feathery wing
Perfect, pretty, sweet plaything

In her hand, she held a key
Loved and hated by many
For her purpose was to love
A boy she was not worthy of

At a green age in times long past
Far from home, her light was cast
And so began another game
An ocean she indeed became

For years she waited, smiled, forgot
And all the waiting was for naught
For she had been thrown aside
In favour of another tide

Until from her heart so pure
A flowery key she did allure
And still, she stayed behind and trained
War was coming, skills she gained

She gifted a promise and a fruit
Even though she was a new recruit
And he did not disappear
She'd kept him safe, her beloved dear

She watched the sky begin to fall
And stood and did not a thing at all
But believe that he would be alright
And wait for her in the black of night

And so, she laid down to rest
So that useless light in her chest
Could finally do something worthwhile
You can see her dream of him with a smile

And she gives him all the love she can give
His promise to her is his will to live
Although she has garnered masses of hate
There's nothing for her to do but wait

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean, I don't want Xion to be involved because she's one of the least relevant to the new plotlines lol

Like if MoM and the Foretellers are going to play big roles in the next saga, then I'd want Lauriam and Elrena to have more screentime as well? They shouldn't have to fight for it just because they're not willing to retire fan favorites. That's so unfair. I don't want to see people shoehorned into situations where they shouldn't be just because they're desperate to keep them involved somehow.
Then why bring back Xion as a character, if they're just going to throw her away? Plus, her connection to Sora is way more relevant than someone like Terra.

And it's unfair to Xion to have her spotlight taken away because Nomura retconned Lauriam/Elrena into relevance.

astertide

Awards
I want EVERY character to have more screentime. :D

All of them. No exceptions. Even Demyx. Even Goofy's daughter-in-law.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Good lord. You guys.

A character can sit in the background for a while and not be eliminated altogether. It's okay if your favorite characters take a backseat for a game or two.
Xion's been in the backseat since Days, so 11 years. Lauriam/Elrena have been the stars of KHUX and got more screen time and lines than Xion in KH3. They can take a backseat to Xion, but they won't since Nomura gave them keyblades.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't care for Xion, so if miss Tragic™ Tristesse stays, goes, disappears, whatever, I wouldn't blink an eye just like I didn't in Days when she "died". I was forced to accept her as a character since she was retconned in anyway.

They shouldn't have to fight for it just because they're not willing to retire fan favorites. That's so unfair. I don't want to see people shoehorned into situations where they shouldn't be just because they're desperate to keep them involved somehow.

I admire your faith in Nomura. Sadly, it shriveled up and died for me.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Characters shouldnt be on a backseat or haphazardly included. Write them appropriate roles and be done with them. Part of writing them is to give them meaningful screentime.

•Reminder that we STILL to this very flappin day don't know what MoM and his merry band of furries are up to despite their """plot"""line being shoved in are faces since KHX.

•Reminder that Kairi as a plot device was terrible even in KH1, as they wanted desparately for her to be RelEvANt and InteREstInG but refused to have her onscreen doing anything except pouting and leaning in forward slightly aggressive, or acting le cutesy and le spunky but showing ZERO combat prowess/inclination

•She is S L E E P after like 15 years of doing nothing already.

•She so far hasn't been shown to be PLAYABLE in even a minor game, where the title Key Art supposedly has pictures of scenes from HER point of view. Like, bruh

•Anime grunts and sea salt ice cream

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Then why bring back Xion as a character, if they're just going to throw her away? Plus, her connection to Sora is way more relevant than someone like Terra.

And it's unfair to Xion to have her spotlight taken away because Nomura retconned Lauriam/Elrena into relevance.

You know, as we exited the Dark Seeker Saga, everyone had to make their peace and accept that they'll have to say goodbye to characters they like. I feel like Xion fans are the only ones who insist that she has to stay around no matter what, even though this character herself has yearned for a life of normalcy away from conflict. I don't get it.

I'm also kind of flabbergasted that you act like other characters have robbed Xion of screentime like it's something she's owed. The story is moving in a direction that she isn't as involved in, and that's fine?

But I digress. This thread is about Kairi.

Foxycian

Awards
I hope they break up the trios ASAP.

I'm hoping the next game has Yen Sid or Mickey treat all the characters like the X-Men or Avengers. He teams them up based on how best the team would work together for the mission, not because of who they are friends with. New teams I can see emerging would be (I'm putting them in 3s because of how many party members you can have normally):

Aqua/Axel/Riku
Kairi/Roxas/Terra
Sora/Ven/Xion

Also, on non-numbered title adventures I would recommend Namine take the "Jiminy" role. They can call it "Namine's Notebook" and have the glossary of information, but also cute Namine-style drawings on the pages.
i think it would be better if it was

Aqua/Axel/Sora
Because all three of them lost their trio at one point, they should have a moment where they talk about it

Terra/Kairi/Namine
Namine had a conversation with terra at one point so their is a minor connection, also it will be interesting terra meeting Kairi since Apprentice Xehanort is responsible for dragging her into this mess, she might have PTSD just looking at terra, it will also make terra feel guilty for all the mess he couldn’t prevent

Roxas/Ventus
To me this one Is not really that big of a deal, since I always considered them as a one character, but i would like to see more of their interactions together instead of just seeing them separately.

Edit: Aqua/Riku/Axel works as well since they are often seen as the responsible ones in the group plus they all have very colorful cool anime hair lol.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You know, as we exited the Dark Seeker Saga, everyone had to make their peace and accept that they'll have to say goodbye to characters they like. I feel like Xion fans are the only ones who insist that she has to stay around no matter what, even though this character herself has yearned for a life of normalcy away from conflict. I don't get it.

I'm also kind of flabbergasted that you act like other characters have robbed Xion of screentime like it's something she's owed. The story is moving in a direction that she isn't as involved in, and that's fine?

Exactly. This thread is about Kairi. Who is more closely connected to Kairi? Xion or Lauriam/Elrena? Case closed.

Xion wanted a life of normalcy, but if she is a keyblade wielder, would she really sit back and not help her friends - the same friends that helped her get that life of normalcy? How do you know the story is moving in a direction that she isn't as involved in? I don't mind if Xion is written off, but I don't like people nominating her as the number one person to get written off as if she's worthless. She wanted a life as a real person - then let us see it! Why should the female roster of KH suffer just because people think Xion has nothing to offer the next saga?
i think it would be better if it was

Aqua/Axel/Sora
Because all three of them lost their trio at one point, they should have a moment where they talk about it

Terra/Kairi/Namine
Namine had a conversation with terra at one point so their is a minor connection, also it will be interesting terra meeting Kairi since Apprentice Xehanort is responsible for dragging her into this mess, she might have PTSD just looking at terra, it will also make terra feel guilty for all the mess he couldn’t prevent

Roxas/Ventus
To me this one Is not really that big of a deal, since I always considered them as a one character, but i would like to see more of their interactions together instead of just seeing them separately.

Edit: Aqua/Riku/Axel works as well since they are often seen as the responsible ones in the group plus they all have very colorful cool anime hair lol.
I really don't want Roxas near Ventus. Ven is already being poised to shove Roxas out of his position in the story. I'm happy that people keep referring to Ven as "Roxas", and I dread the inevitable day (the way Nomura is writing things) that people will start calling Roxas "Ven".

Kairi/Terra/Namine would be a great team. I would love to see Terra have a conversation with Kairi about what happened and apologize. Also, the Namine/Terra connection is interesting too. I like that Namine was able to tame the Lingering Will and actually control him.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards

I have to agree with you there. Xion's story is done. Finito. Das ende. No more conflicts. Zip, zilch, nada. Let it be done and let it stay that way. Her mystery and conflicts have been resolved. If she must appear, let it be by cameo or cavalry back-up in future conflicts via "power of friendship". Same with Roxas.

I don't feel the same way about Ven, because, you know, Strelitizia and I really want Lauriam to bash his head in just once, even if it is misplaced anger (I guess part of it comes from sympathizing about being protective of family). The story of the Union Leaders (and the fake) is something still unanswered, but who knows how UX and future games will proceed about it.

The foretellers huh...not sure how to feel about that. I'm more interested in Yozora's story than theirs in the future. They screwed up big time, lost everything, and were forgotten to history. I feel like it should've stayed that way as a sort of lesson for future wielders to not repeat the mistakes of the past,

But I'm also digressing. Kairi thread, so yeah...uh...

I guess it depends on the shade of pink (I have yet to see a real live redhead wear pink), she needs a new hairstyle (and therefore Utada needs a new one too), better writing, etc. You know the drill.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
I really don't want Roxas near Ventus. Ven is already being poised to shove Roxas out of his position in the story. I'm happy that people keep referring to Ven as "Roxas", and I dread the inevitable day (the way Nomura is writing things) that people will start calling Roxas "Ven".

Kairi/Terra/Namine would be a great team. I would love to see Terra have a conversation with Kairi about what happened and apologize. Also, the Namine/Terra connection is interesting too. I like that Namine was able to tame the Lingering Will and actually control him.
Thing is you don’t need to dislike Ven cause he might replace Roxas, in fact you should be grateful cause surprisingly most fans who love Roxas and KH in general wouldn’t mind if Roxas didn’t return after his end in kh2, they liked the ending of Roxas and him accepting his fate, so really you don’t have to dislike Ventus just for the sake of maybe Ven will replace Roxas, cause Roxas is already back, he is sticking around.

EDIT: Roxas despite being the most popular character the fans still were ok with him not coming back cause to them his ending was perfect so if anything you should be happy he managed to come back, even if there’s a chance he doesn’t play a major role he still came back despite the fact many fans wish he didn’t return, same goes for Namine who many believed she too didn’t need to return, so I wouldn’t really blame Ventus for anything if anything Ventus being in the story where Roxas isn’t feels satisfying to many Roxas fans cause Ven/Roxas are usually seen as a one character.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I disagree with idea of characters being finished. Remember Repliku? Remember Axel?
Nomura will do whatever he wants with whoever, even if that means contradicting himself by adding new lore to override past events.
The only pattern we can rely on is that Nomura is all over the place.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I disagree with idea of characters being finished. Remember Repliku? Remember Axel?
Nomura will do whatever he wants with whoever, even if that means contradicting himself by adding new lore to override past events.
The only pattern we can rely on is that Nomura is all over the place.
Does Repliku really count? While he did come back it was technically in spirit only like Eraqus. And even then he chose to pass on instead of taking a Replica body

Foxycian

Awards
I disagree with idea of characters being finished.
Yeah I agree with you, many characters had their arc story end, but still...

1. Riku story Arc ended in DDD but doesn’t mean we should get rid of him

2. Sora definitely not going anywhere since his the main protagonist

3. Kairi Importance felt like it ended in KH1/KH2 but now she is Finally getting to explore her past I say her story arc didn’t finish yet

4. Roxas Story Arc seemingly ended in kh2 when he accepted that he was a nobody and also accepted to be reunited with his other Half “Sora” but luckily was given the opportunity to be saved and be his own person, now Roxas is back and I can say his arc has been concluded, he can still stay and be given a new role, you know characters can get new roles they don’t have to be written off

5. Xion same situation as roxas

6. Axel story Arc involved his old friend Saix and his best friends Roxas and Xion, his arc of saving his best friends Roxas and Xion was achieved but his role is not over yet seeing as he and Saix still need to track subject X

7. Terra Story arc is sad cause Terra wants to redeem himself after all the problems he caused, his story arc feels like it only began

8. Aqua story arc revolves around her wanting to return to terra and Ven thus many claim her character story arc ended but here is the thing, Aqua has PTSD after what happened to her in the realm of darkness and she needs to conquer it so her story was given more depth and minor continuation

9. Ventus story arc is still going even after he woke up because of his connection to Sora and Xehanort and Union X

10. Namine story arc to me has ended in kh3 when she was given a body to be her own person instead of just being a floating Ghost who is trapped in her room, she can be given a new role tho

that’s my conclusion on the characters, I believe not everyone should be removed just cause their story arc ended they can still keep some characters and develop them more

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Thing is you don’t need to dislike Ven cause he might replace Roxas, in fact you should be grateful cause surprisingly most fans who love Roxas and KH in general wouldn’t mind if Roxas didn’t return after his end in kh2, they liked the ending of Roxas and him accepting his fate, so really you don’t have to dislike Ventus just for the sake of maybe Ven will replace Roxas, cause Roxas is already back, he is sticking around.

EDIT: Roxas despite being the most popular character the fans still were ok with him not coming back cause to them his ending was perfect so if anything you should be happy he managed to come back, even if there’s a chance he doesn’t play a major role he still came back despite the fact many fans wish he didn’t return, same goes for Namine who many believed she too didn’t need to return, so I wouldn’t really blame Ventus for anything if anything Ventus being in the story where Roxas isn’t feels satisfying to many Roxas fans cause Ven/Roxas are usually seen as a one character.
Yeah, I am one of those fans. I wanted Roxas and Xion's story to end tragically with them not coming back, but accepting their fates for the good of everyone since Sora needed them. I didn't need a happy ending with them coming back because Sora being strong enough to save the world WAS their happy endings, to know that their sacrifices meant something. Bringing Roxas and Xion back as real people I can accept and be happy about - IF they actually do something with them after. Instead of the story forgetting about them and letting them rot in oblivion, it's the writers.

In regards to Ven, I just think it's unfair that he was granted the gift and golden ticket of being one of the chosen IE Nomura "surprise reveal" to have been in the ancient past. Everyone that gets KHUX relevance is safe, while everyone else is going to be thrown into the bin. There's no way that Ven/Roxas will inhabit the same space together for more than a few seconds, so it looks like Roxas has been binned and with him, so is Xion. Two characters both WAY more interesting than Ven.

Roxas/Xion also have way more connections to Kairi than Ven, so if they're going to really promote Kairi, I hope that they keep Roxas/Xion around. I mean, they went out of their way to give Xion the line about how she can feel that Kairi is OK in KH3. She could feel Kairi, even though she was in The Final World. Maybe Roxas/Xion can feel Sora too and are helping Kairi in MoM? Roxas/Xion/Namine seem way likely to help Kairi with memories pertaining to Sora and/or herself. So why should they all be binned in favour of Ven and KHUX?

Foxycian

Awards
In regards to Ven, I just think it's unfair that he was granted the gift and golden ticket of being one of the chosen IE Nomura "surprise reveal" to have been in the ancient past. Everyone that gets KHUX relevance is safe, while everyone else is going to be thrown into the bin. There's no way that Ven/Roxas will inhabit the same space together for more than a few seconds, so it looks like Roxas has been binned and with him, so is Xion. Two characters both WAY more interesting than Ven.

Xion more interesting then Ven...? Um ok we all have our opinions on that matter I suppose, also “Face My Fears” Just cause someone appears in Union X doesn’t mean he/she will be important, I don’t really see Elerena/Laraxene being that important other then being with Lauriam/Marluxia, just like she said “I’m only in for the ride”

Roxas/Xion also have way more connections to Kairi than Ven, so if they're going to really promote Kairi, I hope that they keep Roxas/Xion around. I mean, they went out of their way to give Xion the line about how she can feel that Kairi is OK in KH3. She could feel Kairi, even though she was in The Final World. Maybe Roxas/Xion can feel Sora too and are helping Kairi in MoM? Roxas/Xion/Namine seem way likely to help Kairi with memories pertaining to Sora and/or herself. So why should they all be binned in favour of Ven and KHUX?
Well I won’t deny that Roxas and Xion have bigger connection with Kairi but Ven also has a minor connection with Kairi, both are pure light and both were inside Sora’s heart, yea I know it’s not much but it’s something, if I’m being honest it’s Namine and terra who I want to see more of with kairi.

Back