• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Power Rangers - July 22nd 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm honestly surprised this movie did so poorly at the box office. I was sure Power Rangers had a big enough following to make a more decent profit.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just read Power Rangers Annual 2017 & Finster is F&%$ED. UP.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Hasbro now owns Power Rangers franchise. OK, I didn't think the movie bombed that bad!

Nah, I think this is just a smart business decision. Most of Power Ranger's profits came out of the toy merchandising business, so it only makes sense for Hasbro to wholly own Saban Entertainment's assets to further solidify Hasbro as a company, and for them to have more intellectual properties that are in-house.

This would have happened even if the Power Rangers movie was a success.

Caxinuld

Awards
Honestly, I feel bad for the people who've been let go now that Saban Brands is closing down. Hopefully, they'll be able to recover from this. 2018's gotta be a crazy year for Power Rangers fans, it's like their version of Disney buying Star Wars and I have no idea what Hasbro will do to recover the money they spent on the other than making a better show, more advertising and higher quality toys for kids and collectors alike.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't care if they end up redoing it all over again. I just want to see Hugo Weaving as Lord Zedd. Preferably, they would just pick up where things left off with the same cast. However, if they must recast everyone, do so with Hugo Weaving as Lord Zedd. >:[

Shinra

Banned
Awards
honestly Hugo weaving as lord zedd seems pretty cool but I can't help but think who'd be able to do it better than him... I don't see him as the whole terrifying, imposing type that I know lord Zedd for but who knows... now... the big question for me is if they continue the movie reboots who would be the successor to the legendary role of Tommy Oliver...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
It's not always the ones we think would be able to do the role justice that ends up giving us one hell of a performance. Case in point: Elizabeth Banks' Rita. No one thought she'd be able to pull it off but she gave us a campy af portrayal while still being so utterly creepy, too.

And as for Hugo Weaving, he's a brilliant actor. He as Lord Zedd would be perfection. I see him being how he was as Red Skull but with a little more overlord vibrato.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
yeah... and given the setup from the movie... Rita was once the green ranger but they gave no real explanation to her magical talents... maybe it was Zedd who tempted her with the power of magic outside the morphing grid? he'd teach her magic and that is what would set her up.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I actually really enjoy the 2017 film. It is shame that the franchise never kicked off.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I will forgive this if they adapt the Shattered Grid comics. I mean it’s connected to the TV shows right? Shattered Grid and Lord Drakkon are easily some of the most popular and successful things Power Rangers have done recently. It’s also the best way to set up a cinematic universe, something everyone and their mothers wants to do with their IPs.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
With a TV universe? Why do I feel it just going to be something going back to Mighty Morphin? I was split on the 2017 reboot movie. It had some good ideas but overall just didn't feel too much like Power Rangers as a whole. I hope the new movie embraces the campy side of PR that was missing.

Back