• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Breath of Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

yuyayuzu

Awards
last part
Strelitzia: If it like what have you seen from before, the one left is this empty house
Chirithy: ugh, maybe what I have seen is wrong
Strelitiza: Hello!! Is there anyone here?
Strelitiza: Anyone here?
Chirithy: Looks like there is no one here
Strelitiza: Okay, should we head back to the fountain?
Chirithy: You are right, I will search one more time
Chirithy: Ah
Strelitzia: Eh?
(Darkness attacks)
Darkness: Pick that up
Chirithy: Why?
Darkness: Let's go

Once again, sorry if I have any mistakes

yuyayuzu

Awards
More like Darkness disguising as Ava. Before this update, it was suggested and speculated by the characters (Brain) that Darkness changed their appearance to impersonate as Ava.

To be honest, I don’ think it would make sense if it was the real Ava. If she didn't want Strelitzia to have the book, she could've essentially requested that Strelitzia give the book back and offer it to Ven. Or give the book to Ventus from the get go, instead of Strelitzia.

How about if at that time she is also already possesed by Darkness? There is no info of her after her confrotation with Luxu after all

Any

Awards
How about if at that time she is also already possesed by Darkness? There is no info of her after her confrotation with Luxu after all

I mean sure but I think it’s just Darkness disguising itself as Ava.

yuyayuzu

Awards
Well, the possiblity of Darkness disguising as Ava is high but I don't really think we can exclude Ava entirely either
Darkness purpose is to make the dandelions escape also right. If nothing happens, I doubt they will use the pot
What I mean is Ven being found out maybe was the plan from beginning

yuyayuzu

Awards
The interview that is posted on the tweet

If Ava is really darkness, it could explain why darkness knows lots of things about the tower
But This is Nomura we are talking about so maybe it is not that easy

Attachments

• ava interview.jpg
    ava interview.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 23

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Hehe... That line about her being the one who can pull the trigger is pretty neat. During the Keyblade war in Chi she says something like maybe she too will get swallowed by her darkness, so who knows.

But I'm loving the shape-shifter elements. (Ava herself is a shape-shifter - she turns into Ira in Chi - are there other characters besides Vanitas, Namine? and Zexion who can take on other appearances?)

The transition from darkness to light at the end is very simple but super cool.

EDIT: So I'm assuming Darkness took on Player's appearance to make Strelitzia's Chirithy think it saw Player get into the house? Or did the Chirithy see Player and Skuld get in the house when they were meeting with Gula? I'm fuzzy about the timeline.

Poor Ven. How'd he end up in this mess? Why him?

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
The interview that is posted on the tweet

If Ava is really darkness, it could explain why darkness knows lots of things about the tower
But This is Nomura we are talking about so maybe it is not that easy
(laughs)

Any idea when translations should be up?
only watched the strelitzia part for the reveal, need some context on the other

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

EDIT: So I'm assuming Darkness took on Player's appearance to make Strelitzia's Chirithy think it saw Player get into the house? Or did the Chirithy see Player and Skuld get in the house? I'm fuzzy about the timeline.
The Chirithy saw Player and Skuld go into the house.

LoneFox

Awards
So, a lot of hype, but very little new information. The only semi-interesting fact seems to be that the (un-)digitizing machine and the ark are in fact the same thing. Disappointing. :(

Now, what about the murder scene?

We have a dark figure who attacks and kills Strelitzia, and then steps out of the darkness of the building and is revealed to be Ava. This was expected, the fake Ava is the killer. Using the same graphics to represent him/her in the darkness as is used for the Darkness character is a bit too deceptive for my tastes unless they are the same person, but I still don't think they are. The reason is, I count total of five big holes in the story they are trying to sell us:
  1. How did the killer know that Strelitzia is a union leader? We have gone through this many times. Only MoM, Ava, Strelitzia herself, and her Chirithy had that information.
  2. How did the killer know that Strelitzia would go into the building at the time she did? Only Strelitzia herself and her own Chirithy knew that, and Elrena's Chirithy could have guessed it. And even they knew it only a few minutes before it actually happened. But Ven was invited to the scene beforehand, which tells us that there was some kind of planned plot going on.
  3. Why was the murder and swap necessary at all? If the Darkness needs one of the union leaders as his vessel, why not use Strelitzia for that? Note how similar personalities she and Ven appear to be, both full of potential but lacking self-confidence.
  4. Why invite Ven on the murder scene? The logical thing for the Darkness to do would be committing the murder in secrecy, picking up the book, and then going to find Ven. Having him on scene creates an unnecessary risk of him remembering the murder, which in fact is exactly what has happened now.
  5. How does the Darkness have access to the Book of Prophecies, and how does he know the inside of the clock tower? It seems that for this, the Darkness must be one of the known characters: MoM, Luxu, one of the foretellers, or one of the union leaders. And of those, looks like everyone but the union leaders can be ruled out by other things we know about the Darkness.
It seems that we are supposed to be able to figure all this out with the information we have right now. Good luck with that.

Also, we sort of know that we don't have the full truth, because of all the unused clues about how the full truth will be found. First, there is the scene where Lauriam draws attention to the fact that Elrena's memories have been replaced (quest #851, I believe). Then there is that seemingly pointless conversation between two Chirithies (is that the correct plural) at the beginning of the Keyblade War quests cutscene, about how the memory replacement can be reversed. And finally, there is the similarity between the plot of Wreck-it Ralph and the situation with false memories here. When we put these together, we get: the Player will return from the Wreck-it Ralph world and report to the union leaders what happened there. Brain will notice the similarity and conclude that they need to find someone who was near the murder scene at the time the murder happened and reverse their memory replacement. And of course that someone will be Elrena, and this is how she will get involved in the main storyline.

yuyayuzu

Awards
So, a lot of hype, but very little new information. The only semi-interesting fact seems to be that the (un-)digitizing machine and the ark are in fact the same thing. Disappointing. :(

Now, what about the murder scene?

We have a dark figure who attacks and kills Strelitzia, and then steps out of the darkness of the building and is revealed to be Ava. This was expected, the fake Ava is the killer. Using the same graphics to represent him/her in the darkness as is used for the Darkness character is a bit too deceptive for my tastes unless they are the same person, but I still don't think they are. The reason is, I count total of five big holes in the story they are trying to sell us:
  1. How did the killer know that Strelitzia is a union leader? We have gone through this many times. Only MoM, Ava, Strelitzia herself, and her Chirithy had that information.
  2. How did the killer know that Strelitzia would go into the building at the time she did? Only Strelitzia herself and her own Chirithy knew that, and Elrena's Chirithy could have guessed it. And even they knew it only a few minutes before it actually happened. But Ven was invited to the scene beforehand, which tells us that there was some kind of planned plot going on.
  3. Why was the murder and swap necessary at all? If the Darkness needs one of the union leaders as his vessel, why not use Strelitzia for that? Note how similar personalities she and Ven appear to be, both full of potential but lacking self-confidence.
  4. Why invite Ven on the murder scene? The logical thing for the Darkness to do would be committing the murder in secrecy, picking up the book, and then going to find Ven. Having him on scene creates an unnecessary risk of him remembering the murder, which in fact is exactly what has happened now.
  5. How does the Darkness have access to the Book of Prophecies, and how does he know the inside of the clock tower? It seems that for this, the Darkness must be one of the known characters: MoM, Luxu, one of the foretellers, or one of the union leaders. And of those, looks like everyone but the union leaders can be ruled out by other things we know about the Darkness.
It seems that we are supposed to be able to figure all this out with the information we have right now. Good luck with that.

Also, we sort of know that we don't have the full truth, because of all the unused clues about how the full truth will be found. First, there is the scene where Lauriam draws attention to the fact that Elrena's memories have been replaced (quest #851, I believe). Then there is that seemingly pointless conversation between two Chirithies (is that the correct plural) at the beginning of the Keyblade War quests cutscene, about how the memory replacement can be reversed. And finally, there is the similarity between the plot of Wreck-it Ralph and the situation with false memories here. When we put these together, we get: the Player will return from the Wreck-it Ralph world and report to the union leaders what happened there. Brain will notice the similarity and conclude that they need to find someone who was near the murder scene at the time the murder happened and reverse their memory replacement. And of course that someone will be Elrena, and this is how she will get involved in the main storyline.

One theory that has been around for a which may explain this is Skuld is Ava since the only one knows about the tower is
foretellers and the one who knows player have been there is Skuld but this cannot explain why the darkness knows Strelitizia
will look for the player though.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
How did the killer know that Strelitzia would go into the building at the time she did?

Yes. That's the biggest question I was left with.

About Elrena's memories, wasn't Lauriam just talking about how they've taken the memories of all the Dandelions so they wouldn't remember that the war happened?

LoneFox

Awards
About Elrena's memories, wasn't Lauriam just talking about how they've taken the memories of all the Dandelions so they wouldn't remember that the war happened?
Yes, and that is exactly what I was talking about. The war officially started when the bell rung, which was before the murder, so this should include memories from the time of the murder.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Back in the day, we blame Lauriam for fridging Streltzia. Oh, how the turntables.

Oh, yes, the days where people are calling me crazy for proposing the idea Lauriam might be Strelitzia's big brother solely for Marluxia was voiced by Shuichi Ikeda and is affiliated with a color that is sort of a shade of red. Oh, how the table has turned, indeed.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So Ventus or Darkness was the killer after all. I'm curious if Ava is Darkness or just taking her form. Ava's been my favorite of the Foretellers so I really wanna know more about what she's been doing since she didn't rejoin the group by KH3. Has Ava turned to the dark side? Or is this in league with what Luxu and MoM want? So many questions and this is so exciting.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I wouldn’t discount the possibility that that might really be Ava. She’s never really been scot-free of sin, so to speak, and has a lot to hide. It might also be correct that it is just Darkness’ disguise and it’s not really her, but a lot of things are still unclear. I just want to know though if this answers the question of who the original traitor was.

As much as Ven is a cinnamon roll though, I kinda wanna see him getting waled on by Lauriam either in UX or post-III for his involvement in Strelitzia’s going toes up. Poor guy deserves some answers, even if it means hostility against an “innocent” party. We do know now though that he is at least an accessory to the crime at best, an (probably) accomplice at worst.

Back