• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Releases November 13 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cumguardian69

Awards
Do you guys think we'll see Yozora in the OG engine? How whacky would that be xD

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Do you guys think we'll see Yozora in the OG engine? How whacky would that be xD

They'd probably just have the player gliding over an FMV of the Yozora scenes/battle from Re:Mind. Same with Toy Box, Arendelle, etc.

As much as I'd love to see low-res versions of KH3 characters like Rapunzel, Eugene, Woody and Buzz, they'll probably just take the easy way out and not include them in gameplay at all.

Cumguardian69

Awards
You know Re:Mind has really improved Kairi alot from being useless damsel in distress to an action heroine it took years but Square finally listened.
No it hasn't, she spent the entirety of re:mind being the literal plot device, and only fought once against VooDoo PowerUp Final ArmoredNort, then she INSTANTLY went to sleep for a year

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You know Re:Mind has really improved Kairi alot from being useless damsel in distress to an action heroine it took years but Square finally listened.

A few minutes in combat does not make up for years of nothing.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
No it hasn't, she spent the entirety of re:mind being the literal plot device, and only fought once against VooDoo PowerUp Final ArmoredNort, then she INSTANTLY went to sleep for a year

Good point but still i'd rather have her do at least something useful instead of just being a damsel in distress the whole time.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Good point but still i'd rather have her do at least something useful instead of just being a damsel in distress the whole time.
True, but it isn't indicative of anything in itself. It was a great setpiece, but SE said almost in the same brush that she deserves nothing more than to FALL ASLEEP, and as we see with MoM for now, it seems Sora gameplay is more important than even giving Kairi some scraps as a rhythm MC.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
True, but it isn't indicative of anything in itself. It was a great setpiece, but SE said almost in the same brush that she deserves nothing more than to FALL ASLEEP, and as we see with MoM for now, it seems Sora gameplay is more important than even giving Kairi some scraps as a rhythm MC.

Your right i think i was being a little too idealistic. Kairi to begin with really never was that intersting of a character and i'd never like her before re:mind never liked her after either and M.O.M isn't going to change my mind either i'm more interseted in figuring out who the masters of masters is.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Her going to sleep for a year though has importance. It's not like she was like, "Sora dead? I'm sleep tho." Her reasoning was, "Our hearts are connected, so maybe something deep down might lead me to him, a clue or a string of fate." If TAV are looking in the Realm of Darkness, MDG are looking through every world Sora's been at, and RAX are in Twilight Town searching for information in their own way, Kairi's not just gonna be chilling on the island like what happened Post-KH1. She's gonna feel guilty because of Sora disappearing, and she has a means to fight and protect herself now. There's not really much else Kairi could do, everyone else has it covered. And, Kairi's the only one (other than possibly Ven, but he doesn't seem to remember, so you gotta disregard him anyway) who's been to The Final World before.

Seeing as how Sora ended up in The Final World at the end of ReMind, Kairi ended up being right. He's probably not going to be rescued in MoM, but she's clearly on the right track.

Cumguardian69

Awards
importance
Oof, there's that word that the KH series loves so much. Kairi getting whisked away from RG/DI was important. Kairi being a poh was important in KH1. Her friendship with Riku was important in CoM (even though it was technically Naminé). Kairi running into the corridor of DARKNESS and getting kidnapped in KH2 was important. Her swatting at two shadows in TWTNW was important. And finally, her going to Merlin's Bootleg Keyblade School in KH3 was mega important.

Do you see where I'm going? Yes, the things she do are IMPORTANT from a story point of view, but they are not at all interesting visually, thematically, or (and especially) compared to what the likes of Aqua, SORA (unfair but still), Riku, Terra, Ventus, and even Mickey do in the series. Being "important" isn't enough anymore. The characters need to be seen onscreen doing things. They need to have hours of gameplay, voicelines, cutscenes, and more dedicated to them. Otherwise, they may as well be NPCs relegated to a single world (oh snap, that is what Kairi actually was in KH1.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I do agree that it is great they finally listened. It just sucks it took almost 20 years xD I'm just worried that they will see this as progress and will leave her high and dry after MOM because we got the "Kairi" game we asked for.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I do agree that it is great they finally listened. It just sucks it took almost 20 years xD I'm just worried that they will see this as progress and will leave her high and dry after MOM because we got the "Kairi" game we asked for.

Square Enix's bad habit of streching themselves too thin with resources,communication errors and hyper focus on mainstream and mobile stuff really bites them in the ass at times literally losing millions of dollars.

james_c

A new trailer for Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory has been revealed during today's Fans can play Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory on November 13th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch consoles.
The official box illustration drawn by Tetsuya Nomura has also been revealed. The art shares similarities to the package art for KINGDOM HEARTS All-in-One Package. Instead of Sora, Kairi sits on the throne surrounded by a light background instead of darkness.
In KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory, a whole host of familiar Disney friends, foes and adventures await. Players will experience the magic of musical exploration by traversing through worlds packed with rhythm-action challenges as they collect and master over 140 songs from the KINGDOM HEARTS series along the way.
Whether alone, or with friends and family via local co-op and online multiplayer, players will need to defeat tough enemies and bosses to achieve the top ranks. Through three different play styles, gamers of all ages can choose their level of challenge depending on whether they want to enjoy the songs and adventure without complicated controls, or showcase their skills with complex combos to put on the ultimate performance.
Pre-orders are available starting today from the SQUARE ENIX store, Nintendo eShop, Microsoft Store and other select retailers. PlayStation Store pre-orders will start soon. Those who purchase for the PlayStation 4 system from the PlayStation store for a limited time by December 31st, 2020 will also cutfullprice receive the KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory theme.
Love the trailer and the art box is beautiful, 13 November can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Cumguardian69

Awards
Sora sleeping for a year and kinda just waking up right in the next game: Perfectly fine.

Kairi sleeping for a year and kinda just waking up right in the next game: Literally horrible apparently.
Number 1 is perfectly fine. Why? Because he literally did stuff for two games straight.

Number 2 is literally horrible. Why? Because she literally did nothing for TWENTY YEARS, got hyped up in DDD only to get glassed in the KH3, and spent majority of what should have been HER SCENARIO [remind] being a plot device (literally pieces of a flower!) and got optional play time for what was effectively Armored Xehanort Phase One but with a cool new background. Oh, and not to mention we still haven't seen or heard about Kairi being playable in MoM, which as I stated earlier is the bare minimum table scraps they could throw toward us Kairi fans.

Context is hugely important for the so called outrage (it's more disappointment than outrage, tbh). It isn't a case of hypocrisy, this time. They just treat Sora and other MCs better than they do Kairi.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I love that the shots of Sora from the box art are all from Kairi's perspective in those scenes... I LOVE the KH3 ending shot OMG!!!

Back