• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you want Kairi's part to be integrated in the game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
The switch can render Kairi in the final world. There is nearly zero polygons there. Don't forget the switch runs the Witcher 3 (I still don't get how though).

Cumguardian69

Awards
The switch can render Kairi in the final world. There is nearly zero polygons there. Don't forget the switch runs the Witcher 3 (I still don't get how though).
But SE isnt known for great port jobs (see the disparity b/w KH3 on ps4 pro/x1x, ffxv on xb1 vs ps4, etc)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
But SE isnt known for great port jobs (see the disparity b/w KH3 on ps4 pro/x1x, ffxv on xb1 vs ps4, etc)
They could get Panic Button or Saber Interactive to do it. Those guys are Switch port gods (it was Saber who ported Witcher).

zander1995

Awards
Witcher 3 on Switch was also a massively downgraded port that went from being a pretty game on PS4 to a really ugly one on Switch. A huge part of KH's appeal is its art style, so downgrading it that much would just be pointless.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If Kairi/Riku are not getting their own games, I'm hoping that Kairi's part will be like Reverse/Rebirth. Melody of Memory will unlock Kairi's memories, then when you beat Melody of Memory, it will unlock a scenario for Kairi (about the length of 0.2) that will be her KH3ReMIND style.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Witcher 3 on Switch was also a massively downgraded port that went from being a pretty game on PS4 to a really ugly one on Switch. A huge part of KH's appeal is its art style, so downgrading it that much would just be pointless.
0NPBXjK.jpg

Clearly they would never do that. :rolleyes:

zander1995

Awards
Clearly they would never do that. :rolleyes:
That was a game specifically made for the DS, not a downport from a higher powered console. It was never intended to be higher resolution than that and the assets were specifically made to take advantage of the DS hardware while still representing the original art direction.

Cumguardian69

Awards
That was a game specifically made for the DS, not a downport from a higher powered console. It was never intended to be higher resolution than that and the assets were specifically made to take advantage of the DS hardware while still representing the original art direction.
And? DDD is a downgraded PS2 game, you see it in DDDHD

zander1995

Awards
That was a complete remake from the ground up.
Are you being willfully obtuse, or are you just stupid?

And? DDD is a downgraded PS2 game, you see it in DDDHD

DDD was made for the 3DS with the 3DS's hardware in mind. KH3 was made for PS4/XBone with that hardware in mind.
Porting isn't just pressing a button to optimize a game for a system, especially when porting to a lower powered console from a higher powered one. There's a reason Dragon Quest XI took over two years to get ported to switch, and that game was still less graphically intensive than KH3.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That was a complete remake from the ground up.
Are you being willfully obtuse, or are you just stupid?
Here's the thing: you don't have hard proof of your claim. "They'll never downgrade KH3", based on what exactly? Based on an assumption, not a fact.

zander1995

Awards
Here's the thing: you don't have hard proof of your claim. "They'll never downgrade KH3", based on what exactly? Based on an assumption, not a fact.
I never said they'll "never" downgrade KH3. I said it would be pointless because it would negatively impact the artstyle.

Learn to read.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
...Steering the topic back on topic, I would optimally love it if Melody of Memory basically got the KH2.8 treatment, where Kairi has her own separate scenario like KH 0.2, Melody of Memory is the main game we're here for, and maybe an updated UX movie. Since UX is apparently ending soon, it'd be cool if they did that. But, it wasn't stated that UX would actually END this year, so I suppose that idea is out.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
For me, playable Kairi segments between each musical level. I think it would help balance that game and give both fans who want a rhythm game but also wanting to play as Kairi.

Now how it would make sense story-wise and how exact these segments play out, I don't know. I'd imagine the only way would be to re-used level assets from KH3: Remind data greeting, since those only exist in one place.

Like for instance, a playable section on the main square of Radiant Garden, the beach on Destiny Islands, and obviously the The Final World.

Back