• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You "The Animation" website opens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Bones is apparently divided into 5 studios, labelled A to E. Their Studio C is currently in charge of HeroAca exclusively. They handled the 1st FMA series, Ouran and Soul Eater.
Their other studios could potentially do it.
👀👀👀👀👀

Lulcy

Awards
With the state of anime industry I would suggest setting expectations low for the quality of animation, even more so if they make it longer than 13 episodes.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
With the state of anime industry I would suggest setting expectations low for the quality of animation, even more so if they make it longer than 13 episodes.
True, it's best not to set expectations too high, but still, one can dream.

Personally, if in the event it is A-1 Pictures doing it, or possibly CloverWorks, I hope they can get Tomohiko Itō involved. I liked his work on ERASED and he directed the first couple seasons of SAO which had its fair share of fight scenes. Though I guess that'll depend on if production on Millionaire Detective - Balance Unlimited is wrapped up:unsure:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
We have more news! Nomura will be character designer and creative producer for the anime:
I wonder if that means the series will be handled in-house :unsure:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
We have more news! Nomura will be character designer and creative producer for the anime:
Great. Would be nice if he put in some Kingdom Hearts Easter eggs and references

Chie

Awards
Considering how much modern anime tends to butcher character designs, this... is good news.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*nervous laughter*

Well, it's the same roles he had on the game and that went well. But Nomura isn't the same man he was 13 years ago (guy just can't get away from that number, huh?)

Though in terms of character design, that I'll always trust him on.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The Animé doesn't need to be done in house in order for Nomura to have a deeper connection. Square Enix as the owner of the TWEWY brand has a right to send someone to oversee the project. Guess Nomura is more than an overseer and someone to will have direct input.

Another sort of indirect example is Hyrule Warriors for the Nintendo Wii U. The game was developed by Omega Force and Team Ninja, but had Nintendo employees related to the Zelda brand overseeing the project.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Is it really wise for him to have so much on his plate?
He's done this for ages, but to answer your question, no. Handling artwork over various projects is one thing, but involving oneself in multiple stories at once, even if the amount varies between them, is a very bad idea. It might seem good to work on multiple projects to stay busy or avoid block but it can actually make things worse as everything bleeds together if you don't give yourself a hard reset each time you switch to another project. The more projects, the more stressful and harder they are to deal with.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
This has been his life for like 13 years. I can’t think of a time in those years that the man wasn’t working on like 3-5 projects at the same time.

His work ethic is incredible. No matter how anyone may feel about the games that come out under his watch, one thing nobody can ever call the man is lazy. When you're passionate about your work, you tend to take on a lot more jobs that involves what you love, compared to your regular mundane job (for obvious reasons). And Nomura is absolutely passionate about KH, FF and who knows what else. I think right now he's the busiest he's ever been in a while, actually.

Back