• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kristi-swat

Awards
f58af6095af78d5e7dbbabc5cbca5803.png

Anyone noticed this? KH 3, Dark Road and Melody of Memory next to 2 blank spots.
What about the 5 blank spots in the 2nd row? XD

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Don't bother being annoyed. KH has done this since CoM where it introduced the Not!Anime crew in a card game. This is par for the course.

Well, I like Chain of Memories and for all its faults, it at least had fun (enough) combat and an interesting story. I just don't know about this...

I'm not a rhythm game guy. I only played a section on FF7R and it was fun for what it was but a whole game of that? I don't know man. Chain of Memories and Dark Road at least have something combat oriented that doesn't strain itself too much from the core gameplay. A rhythm game seems kind of a slap to the face to that and I can see its trying to add combat elements but like... come on 😂

To each there own, man. It's not my thing but it others fans are happy and excited, why not? Besides, if it's only prologue story stuff withh some hidden backsorey lead up here and there, I guess I learn to live with that aspect of it.

But...

My only hope is that this is a lead into a Kairi centric game. I seriously hope this isn't all she gets. Like, I seriously dont get making her the best playable character in Re: Mind, hint at her a big part of the next phase but then scrape all that combat ganeplay and potential. It just doesnt make sense if this is all she gets, which I honestly don't think is the case. I think its definately leading into two more future actual RPGs and then Kingdom Hearts but yeah, that could all change.

Also also, just to rant for a bit, but yeah, I think Kairi getting her own game, even at this stage, is fine. I dont really understand why fans think she has to be at a certain point in order to justify it. It's a little strange because she is pretty much at the perfect spot, the same way Riku and Sora were at the start. Hell, she actually a little more train KH1 Riku and Kairi and they managed to do enough and have enough personality with the actual spotlight on them and that was just two games with them. You can pretty much do anything you want with her and make her that character we all want (because I honestly don't think it's that hard).

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think they may be more miscellaneous things, perhaps even the Disney+ series could go in there. Considering we've already moved past one of the larger boxes I can't imagine them being games.
I mean, if Dark Roads and Melody of Memory get boxes, an animated series can get one as well. Especially if the series is centered on MDG going through the worlds Sora was

Henryp

Awards
Also also, just to rant for a bit, but yeah, I think Kairi getting her own game, even at this stage, is fine. I dont really understand why fans think she has to be at a certain point in order to justify it. It's a little strange because she is pretty much at the perfect spot, the same way Riku and Sora were at the start. Hell, she actually a little more train KH1 Riku and Kairi and they managed to do enough and have enough personality with the actual spotlight on them and that was just two games with them. You can pretty much do anything you want with her and make her that character we all want (because I honestly don't think it's that hard).

I think the problem is how Kairi has been presented for the past decade. With other playable characters, they were either entirely new or interesting enough when they got their own games. I liked Kairi in KH3, but she has been either Sora-centered or absent since KH1. That means, if you target a full 30+ hours game around her, people might not be that interested in her. Specially KH fans. I do think that a slow introduction of her into the front or a shared scenario game would be perfect to say "hey we now care about Kaire, and you should too".

There is also the reason that they have been neglecting so much, that it is really difficult to picture them having a change of heart and focusing only in her.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't know... I remember BbS/DDD/3 reveals with high excitement, even 0.2. This time feels more like a mixture of excitement, fear and confusion.

I'll just pray the Kairi stuff is its own thing or a teaser of what is to come, so I can enjoy the rythym game for what it is.

After the mess that KH 3 turned out to be in terms of coherence and actual care for the characters themselves and much of my time being occupied with different stuff I am way beyond caring that much anymore.
It's nice to see something new and now I'm gonna sit back, watch and wait what comes of it but won't be too deeply invested anymore.

snow_flake40

Awards
nomura really is tossing out crumbs of kairi content like go fetch and i said Yes sir Thank you sir Right away sir

I think this is the Kairi's Dream Land game I was hoping for, which will be such a bummer if she's not even playable in her own game :(! I think they're reusing the KH1/2 assets so that it'll run on the Switch and that the new cutscenes with the Unity engine won't actually be playable.

I think they'll frame it like Re:coded or something, like when Kairi goes to sleep looking for Sora, she's untangling his memories/tracing of his heart across the universe/whatever and that takes the form of a rhythm game throughout the KH1 worlds apparently. And with every few worlds you complete, Kairi unlocks a memory from her own past.

LOVING the implication that they're gonna explore Kairi's past in Radiant Garden and her connection to Ansem TW and the apprentices. That's always been such a rich vein to tap that they never took advantage of and I'm delighted they're finally going for it. I've never seen a JRPG featuring plot-based amnesia that just refuses to unlock that character's past like with Kairi in KH LMAO.

Life changing field trip with Riku <3!!!!!! I'll be so so delighted if they make amends for KH3 pretending like Kairi and Riku aren't also lifelong friends.

also that level with SDG zipping around roxas' most traumatic memories collecting points to the beat had me like screaming laughing

kristi-swat

Awards
how I think MoM game will work is that when you complete stages that have "play video" button we will get some cutscene and that's it.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think the problem is how Kairi has been presented for the past decade. With other playable characters, they were either entirely new or interesting enough when they got their own games. I liked Kairi in KH3, but she has been either Sora-centered or absent since KH1. That means, if you target a full 30+ hours game around her, people might not be that interested in her. Specially KH fans. I do think that a slow introduction of her into the front or a shared scenario game would be perfect to say "hey we now care about Kaire, and you should too".

There is also the reason that they have been neglecting so much, that it is really difficult to picture them having a change of heart and focusing only in her.

Yeah, I honestly don't blame them. Kairi been....very neglected for reasons that escape a lot of us. I just don't think fans should lose hope. And if Melody of Memory works as a jumping off point for her own game downline, fine.

Then again, after KH3 and Re: Mind, I had a lot hope but all I got was a mobile game no one asked for and a rhythm game I have no interest in but with backstory so now I'm forced to buy it. Its basically 2 for 3 at this point. I can only hope the next two announcements are actual RPGs.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
how I think MoM game will work is that when you complete stages that have "play video" button we will get some cutscene and that's it.
Yes, like coded when you finished each world. Tho I still think we'll get to play as Kairi after she wakes up and Ienzo tells her of a way to access the Final World to try and find Sora there.

Xagzan

Awards
I would be a lot more content if I didn't have to assume 1 Kairi-centric game was all we're ever gonna get. But I can't not assume this.

And I can't respect writers who don't respect the characters they're writing, especially the main ones. So I will continue to kvetch about perceived wrongs with what limited voice I have, and hopeful that others do the same.

Henryp

Awards
Counting ReMind, there would be at least 3 new releases this year of playable KH content. Has it ever happened before?

Edit: If MoM is not delayed, which I wouldn't be surprised

Perkilator

Awards
With this game appearing on Switch (which I hope is testing the waters for 1.5+2.5 by squeezing out those PS2 textures one last time), Sora's potential for Smash is stronger than ever (even if this game doesn't necessarily correlate with Smash).

Hirokey123

Awards
Throwing it out there but earlier it was said Kairi wasn't experimented on, but that's not necessarily true. Read Xehanort's experiment lists he was planning. One of them is him going to test and see if you can create darkness in a pure heart of light. Unless Xehanort had some OTHER pure heart of light at his disposal I think it's pretty safe to say he probably used Kairi in that experiment.

Anyway what a confusing mish mash...why would Kairi even have those Sora memories inside her? Like you want to stretch KH1, CoM, and Days I can see it...but KH2 and BBS really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back