• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Huh. That voice sounds like Ansem. Oh, hey, it's Apprentice Xehanort! So I guess he threw Kairi into one of those pods before throwing her into space.

I wonder if the leak forced them to upload the big trailer today.

Anyway, yup, it's a Theatrhythm, Nomura style~ But are the Kairi scenes really part of it, or is it teasing another game? It feels weird having that with this happy happy Sora fun time music game. Oh, boy, the Master of Masters... Are they really gonna show what he looks like in this game? Having it happen here with Kairi tells me he will look like Sora. lol

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Huh. That voice sounds like Ansem. Oh, hey, it's Apprentice Xehanort! So I guess he threw Kairi into one of those pods before throwing her into space.

I wonder if the leak forced them to upload the big trailer today.

Anyway, yup, it's a Theatrhythm, Nomura style~ But are the Kairi scenes really part of it, or is it teasing another game? It feels weird having that with this happy happy Sora fun time music game. Oh, boy, the Master of Masters... Are they really gonna show what he looks like in this game? Having it happen here with Kairi tells me he will look like Sora. lol
Instead of MoM I figured the man in the cloak could be Darkness from Union. Or Demyx, lol

nocturne

I see the community is divided again. I've never played a rhythm game, never found the appeal for them.

I love KH. It's my favorite. I'm excited for phase 2 and the future of the series, but I'm not excited they are (seemingly?) putting important lore and story, especially for Kairi--who is in dire need of more development--into a rhythm game.

Kairi was fun to play as in KH3RM, even thought it was brief. She deserves her own action RPG-style game where she is the main protagonist and we play as her.

Despite my feelings, I'm still looking forward to the story. Phase 2 is going to be really amazing saga and I can't wait.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I don't get if the last cutscenes and the rhythm game are all one game or two games bundled together...

Violet Pluto

Awards
Having it happen here with Kairi tells me he will look like Sora. lol
Could it be? Could MoM be Sora's dad?... Nah, I mean come on. If that did happen it would be hilarious but I think Nomura's a better writer that that. Disastrous and Dangerous will be Sora's DaD, and MoM's his uncle.

Cumguardian69

Awards
So they cut 3/ReMIND's actual story and so far have put the introduction into a $30 DLC, an unknown cost mobile-tier rhythm game...what next?

I'm dead serious. This series needs to get some competent writers and proper planning. I can't enjoy KH story with how ridiculously fragmented it is.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
This trailer raised so many questions than answers. On one hand, Melody of Memory is the Theatrhythm style KH game for PS4, XBOX One and Nintendo Switch coming 2020, but on the other, the last scene(s) with Kairi, Apprentice Xehanort, the Fall of Radiant Garden and the Master of Masters makes me wonder if they are part Melody of Memory or just a teaser/Secret Ending for the new Kingdom Hearts game coming very soon, similar to how the Secret Ending to Re: Coded (the one with Mickey and Yen Sid) served as the prologue to Dream Drop Distance.

Instead of MoM I figured the man in the cloak could be Darkness from Union. Or Demyx, lol
@Zettaflare or DIO.

"You thought it was Sora or Demyx as the Master of Masters, but it was I DIO." ROFLMAO Sorry had to put a JoJo meme somewhere

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Not Demyx since the coat is different. Could be Darkness. If it turns out Darkness really is Vanitas, then Kairi would still freak out at first thinking he's Sora. lol

AegisXIII

Awards
What if it is a compilation like 2.8 where the Kairi part is a 0.2 DLC type game?

Henryp

Awards
What if it is a compilation like 2.8 where the Kairi part is a 0.2 DLC type game?
tumblr_nq1w5xFhqC1u4dnh1o2_540.gif

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Are Rhythm games fun? That's the only thing keeping me from being super excited. KH's gameplay experiments are hit or miss. I couldn't tolerate their COM card system and had to watch it all rather then play. I hope that isn't the case here.

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm so torn between wanting to gush over how the trailer literally shows things that I've been wanting for ages (and have been duly and thoroughly told that such things are useless and unnecessary) and being mad at how Kairi seems to be having the limelight in a...... Rhythm game. That uses PS2 assets. And is probably gonna be £50. And is seemingly unrelated to her scenes.

Fucking dammit. You had a chance to build up this series again from scratch, and instead of investing in a new look, and a concise way to tell your story, you go for this horrible frankenstein approach.

I'm being taken fi eediat and I'll still get it because I'm being teased with one of the few things about this series I'll still care about. Definitely not buying this first hand though that's for sure.

Sigh.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Pretty much this. Exploring Kairi's trauma got me excited enough for what this game have tell about her. If it is just cutscenes because a longer Kairi centered game is coming, then I'm all for it. Sadly, seeing Kairi treatment over the years, I wouldn't rule out this being "her game", even if she is not a playable character in it, sorta like Mickey was in coded.

Agreed. Since this is definitely the game Nomura was referring to when he mentioned the Re:Mind title screen was hinting toward the next project, we don’t have anything to go on that Kairi will get any much more focus beyond this game. I guess all we can do is wait for now.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Looking at the trailer I'm disappointed Dilan and Aeleus didn't appear. Radiant Garden won't be the same without those two silently emoting their deep feelings after all they did.

Think we'll get a novel of Melody of Memories at some point?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
YFb9DtX.png

This is a weird scene in particular. Is it depicting BBS? KH3?

Henryp

Awards
Agreed. Since this is definitely the game Nomura was referring to when he mentioned the Re:Mind title screen was hinting toward the next project, we don’t have anything to go on that Kairi will get any much more focus beyond this game. I guess all we can do is wait for now.

The trailer literally ends with Kairi raising her keyblade to attack... if our worst fears come true that would be a sick joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back