• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Official Twitter shares new screenshots of in-game battles and cutscenes for KH Dark Road!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The latest in KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road updates brings us new screenshots of in-game battles and cutscenes!

Why did he become the seeker of darkness?

This time Xehanort's partner-in-crime is none other than Eraqus!

Fellow companions working hard to become the best Keyblade wielders!

A refined and streamlined leveling system lets you grow stronger even in auto-mode!

Enjoy intuitive and strategic combat as you tap and flick to victory!

Choose your cards wisely to win battles!

Play cards of the same color for a power boost!

Complete your enemy collection!

Source: Official Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I am surprised we are seeing Ansem SOD this early.

DrShimo

Awards
Honestly can’t wait to try it! Never got to play original X but this reminds me of Flick Rush

SweetYetSalty

Awards
One thing that confuses me. Young Xehanort is leaving Destiny Islands is being shown, that's great. But wasn't the Young Xehanort playing chess with Eraqus younger then the Young Xehanort we all know? And we see when he's on the island he's in regular Young Xehanort age rather then the chess playing age, so I'm confused on Xehanort's age in this timeline.

Other then that the scenes look about as good as Union X stuff. Too bad I can't play this game and follow it regularly :(

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Interesting that there's no "quest" tab in the bottom menu.
I can't make heads or tails of the deck preview. Hard to tell what any of that means.

You get higher multipliers by comboing cards of the same type, and Xehanort's friends can cast buffs.
Heartless appear to have a timer on their HUD, probably counting down to an attack.
Might be a lot more engaged/frantic than UX.

Looks oddly simple. I'd like to see more of the menus. Is there not exploration gameplay? Just combat?

darknessofheart

Awards
Xehanort is such a grand manipulator that he used himself as a pawn.

I feel like the theme of Xehanort is this subconscious guide that he won't let go because he feels it's destiny and he eventually overlooks everything, including his friends and emotions to follow this etched path.

blank points

Awards
This is looking interesting. Cool to there will be other party members besides Eraqus.

Awards
Them apprentices with their gentle expressions and school clothes, and then there's Bragi lookin like a goddamn smug prick with his fur coat.

I love him.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
One thing that confuses me. Young Xehanort is leaving Destiny Islands is being shown, that's great. But wasn't the Young Xehanort playing chess with Eraqus younger then the Young Xehanort we all know? And we see when he's on the island he's in regular Young Xehanort age rather then the chess playing age, so I'm confused on Xehanort's age in this timeline.

Other then that the scenes look about as good as Union X stuff. Too bad I can't play this game and follow it regularly :(
The problem was that the Young Xehanort we know was originally intended to be the same one playing chess as a apprentice. Then Nomura retconned it so that Scala Xehanort was younger than DDD Young Xehanort during development..

Honestly my headcanon is sometime after becoming a Master he decided to visit the Islands and that's when Ansem recruited him

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The problem was that the Young Xehanort we know was originally intended to be the same one playing chess as a apprentice. Then Nomura retconned it so that Scala Xehanort was younger than DDD Young Xehanort during development..

Honestly my headcanon is sometime after becoming a Master he decided to visit the Islands and that's when Ansem recruited him
Thank you, this was annoying me on Xehanort's age switching like that.

Another question. The Disney Worlds they are going to. Are those the real ones? Or the data ones from the other Mobile games? I never fully knew how those worked.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's probably been pointed out already, but I'm noticing Urd's design bears a lot of similar elements to that of Xehanort / Ansem SoD. Silver hair, yellow eyes, the color scheme of the outfit, the lined trenchcoat, not to mention the "Recusant's Sigil" cherry on top (shared among everyone else in the new lineup).

It's probably nothing.

GreyouTT

Awards
I like what I see honestly. Everything certainly feels like a KH game, and that card screen just gives me flashbacks to CoM (the pleasant GBA related kind). Plus I loved Flick Rush in DDD.

Is it wrong to say this looks better than UX?

D

Deleted member 252753

So this is the 'guidance from the future' Xehanort talks about in secret report 2. Eraqus seems curious about where Xehanort came from and as he's the descendant of (probably) Brain it would make sense if he was born in Scala an never left until his Mark of Mastery exam. I wonder if maybe all the other pupils are from Scala and Xehanort is the only outsider among them. The gameplay looks like it might be interesting so I am going to give playing this a try, at least

Eonstar890

Awards
Wow just realized this is the first time we are seeing DI in the mobile game. It’s so cute!

Why do I get the creeping sense Xehanort is gonna murder all the new characters lol

Surprised that they are using older graphics for the cards instead of just skipping to KH3 icons. Characters like Alice seem so old and irrelevant to the series nowadays but I guess those are the worlds they’re visiting so oh well.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Is it wrong to say this looks better than UX?
I think that'll certainly be an opinion we'll see pop up.

I'm very interested to see just how much is different from UX.

Also, I really hope that Jewels are duplicated between both games.
At the very least, that buying Jewels buys for both games at once.

Edit: I only just noticed one of the cards is a screen from the KH1 opening
I'm glad to see Key Scene cards make a return from χ[chi]

GreyouTT

Awards
I think that'll certainly be an opinion we'll see pop up.

I'm very interested to see just how much is different from UX.

Also, I really hope that Jewels are duplicated between both games.
At the very least, that buying Jewels buys for both games at once.

Edit: I only just noticed one of the cards is a screen from the KH1 opening
I'm glad to see Key Scene cards make a return from χ[chi]

Oh no, I hadn't thought of how jewels would work. Hopefully it's consumer friendly.

And yeah, key scenes are the best cards.
Key (8).png

D

Deleted member 252753

Thank you, this was annoying me on Xehanort's age switching like that.

Another question. The Disney Worlds they are going to. Are those the real ones? Or the data ones from the other Mobile games? I never fully knew how those worked.
Well, you can see the Book of Prophecies symbol in the gameplay shots, so I would expect the Disney Worlds to be projections/data worlds derived from the BoP. From what I understand of X/UX (and I'm not an expert), the worlds in X are holographic projections from the Book of Prophecies powered by the Foretellers, then in UX they are data worlds derived from the 'master data' of the BoP.

kristi-swat

Awards

The way I see it is that in DDD when robbed guy approaches xehanort he was still young and same age as in kh3 and later Xehanort revisits the island again when he has yellow eyes

Awards

I have a question.

Did Nomura ever bring up the age difference thing in an interview or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back