• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why aren't Goofy and Donald Keyblade wielders?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I just want Mickey to pass on his keyblade's attribute to Riku. Kingdom Key W aka Star Cluster is, according to Chip, a keyblade of darkness, just like it's predecessor: Kingdom Key D. If anyone deserves to wield a keyblade of darkness, it's Riku.

I wish it were possible for Braveheart and Star Cluster to trade their light and darkness. They'd represent their trinity against the norts:

Sora: Kingdom Key- keyblade of light
Riku: Braveheart- keyblade of darkness
Mickey: Star Cluster- keyblade of ultima, or some shit

And maybe someday Kairi will either get a new keyblade or her Destiny's Embrace will somehow change from keyblade of light ---> keyblade of heart

Just.... let them fight with what they represent/master.

Awards
Now to address your question: both DG and Isa should keep their current weapons to preserve what little weapon diversity this series still. I don't know about you all, but I am sick and tired of seeing keyblades all the time. Everyone needs a keyblade, every must wield a a sword. Newsflash: Historically, swords were NOT great weapons. They were side arms at best. The spear/lance, halberd, etc. outclassed them in every way imaginable. Also, reverse-grip and dual-wielding were high risk, low reward at fucking best. So until we get a keyblade wielder who fights primarily in a keyblade transformation to ANYTHING that isn't a sword, DG and Isa should stick with what they have.

Also, keyblades will lose all their value if mere disney sidekicks were to get them too. But what do I know? I'm not a Disney fan.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Namine's fighting style could be bringing drawings to life imo. Like she draws a winged sword that seeks out enemies & the like.

Kinda like this girl:

disney233

Awards
BECAUSE THE LAST THING THIS SERIES NEEDS IS DONALD & GOOFY FLAILING THESE NOW MERCHANDISE FODDERS TOO. They DON'T need to jump into the Keyblade trend. In terms of worth, Donald & Goofy are worthy without it. HALF OF THE CHARACTERS IN THE SERIES HAS NOT SHOWED WHY THE HELL THEY DESERVE KEYBLADES. And...god how Kairi got her Keyblade. I THOUGHT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SOME ANCIENT A D POWERFUL WEAPON! NOT A 3 YEAR OLD'S BIRTHDAY PRESENT! SAME THING APPLIES TO LEA!

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I don't think I will ever buy into how Lea and Kairi obtained keyblades. It's similar to the Buu saga in Dragon Ball Z when Goten and Kid Trunks just nonchalantly transforms into Super Saiyan when Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks, and Gohan all went through hellish moments in previous sagas to finally achieve it. It escalates further into absolute absurdity when we fast forward to Dragon Ball Super where now we have other saiyans like Kale and Caulifla achieving the "legendary transformation" just from a tingle in the back...a...TINGLE, IN THE BACK?!

Now going back to Kingdom Hearts. There is this strange parallel with Dragon Ball going on here. Sora and Mickey originally were the only two worthy of holding a Keyblade. Riku eventually gets one, showing he has control of the dark influence in his life. Alright that shows some character development so I will buy it. Roxas is a keyblade wielder. Well he gets a pass because he is Sora's nobody. Then Xion becomes a thing and is..ALSO apart of Sora, thus she can wield the keyblade. Ok fine...Then later we find out that there were others many years before that were master keyblade wielders in training (AVT). OK! Now we are up to EIGHT canon characters who are worthy of this weapon. Really at this point, a Keyblade and Super Saiyan are interchangeable with each other. They are two things in separate fictional stories that were originally suppose to be this rare ultimate power that only one or very few can gain. Eventually they become some of the biggest marketing tools for their respective franchises (we can sale more toys and other merchandise if more characters had this thing).

Lea/Kairi are the Goten/Kid Trunks or the Caulifla/Kale of the Kingdom Hearts series now. They received things in the story in such a cheaply manner further invoking us that they didn't deserve it. All we know is that they went off training. Yet every time we saw them they were just sitting down and talking about their feelings. That was "the training"? They really should have their own unique abilities and weapons to differentiate themselves from other characters. Kairi could have been given so many light-type powers and such. We could have dove deeper into the KH lore with her finding out further explanations as to what makes a POH so special and what sort of abilities and responsibilities come with the title. So much potential lost.

As for Lea. His original weapons suited him far more than being limited to becoming another generic wielder of the Keyblade. Did he really need one? I felt like it was used just as an excuse for him to tag along with the rest of the cast in the Keyblade Graveyard. Donald and Goofy apparently didn't need one to join the group so again why did Lea need a Keyblade again? The exclamation point to this garbage is that both Donald and Goofy faired far better in battle than both Kairi and Lea did anyway. One of the driving reasons for this thread was that scene, and we got to view it TWICE in the game because why not I guess.

I feel Goofy and Donald would have made more sense as Keybladers than those two did. At the same time though I am glad in the end they didn't because they would just be grouped in with the rest of the Keyblade crew. Actually what would have been better is that we didn't have anymore than perhaps four or five people maximum that are capable of wielding the Keyblade co-existing at the same time. Just like Super Saiyan, the Keyblade lost it's luster once everyone started getting one.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
All we know is that they went off training. Yet every time we saw them they were just sitting down and talking about their feelings. That was "the training"? They really should have their own unique abilities and weapons to differentiate themselves from other characters. Kairi could have been given so many light-type powers and such. We could have dove deeper into the KH lore with her finding out further explanations as to what makes a POH so special and what sort of abilities and responsibilities come with the title. So much potential lost.

This could've been resolved by having Kairi as a tutorial segment.

I felt like it was used just as an excuse for him to tag along with the rest of the cast-

That's exactly the reason why, nothing else. We all know it. That, and popularity perks, that he himself mentions in the most stupid, cringeworthy fourth wall breaking way. I think we were supposed to find this charmingly funny or something. I mourn what he has become. R.I.P.

If he didn't have the Keyblade he more than likely would've been thrown into the out of sight limbo that Naminè is in, but probably not since he would still have his chakrams and therefore still gets the special treatment as a fighter.

We don’t need that, not everyone has to have a keyblade it will ruin the story if every friend of the main characters has this weapon.

There's no other choice in the matter. People seem to just not comprehend this in KH. Maybe if Nomura took a crash course in Basic Writing 101 I would see it, but he won't and he can't think of any purpose a character can have without that weapon except an outcasted side support, a damsel in distress, or a deus ex machina. If you are not a wielder, you won't get relevance or screen time. Kairi and Naminè are prime examples, and Lea had to get one to fit in with the crew.

The ideas people have are nice, yet it needs to be within lines of the director's confusing mental processes.

Last edited:

PStuder12321

Yeaaah I gotta be honest.. I dont see why people are hating on Kairi and lea getting keyblades. I think peeps feeling wya to emotional about it lol. Like, its the universes weapon against the heartless... its not exactly that they are uncommon guys.. like use your head and stop being hateful.. .there was a keyblade GRAVEYARD with literally THOUSANDS of keyblades from fallen keyblade weilders. you guys acting like its a special super unique power only the super gifts should get... no guys... keyblade weilders need to increase their ranks jsut like any other fighting force lol. donald and goofy dont make sense because they are legit part of another fighting force. the kings guards. Thus they dont make sense. however Kairi and lea are fine and yeah Ic an see more people getting keyblades, its kinda the point of the keyblades, find pure hearts good people to help fight against the heartless. not be selfish with the keyblades and have a stick up your ***. sorry guys gotta be real about this one. lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yeaaah I gotta be honest.. I dont see why people are hating on Kairi and lea getting keyblades. I think peeps feeling wya to emotional about it lol. Like, its the universes weapon against the heartless... its not exactly that they are uncommon guys.. like use your head and stop being hateful.. .there was a keyblade GRAVEYARD with literally THOUSANDS of keyblades from fallen keyblade weilders. you guys acting like its a special super unique power only the super gifts should get... no guys... keyblade weilders need to increase their ranks jsut like any other fighting force lol. donald and goofy dont make sense because they are legit part of another fighting force. the kings guards. Thus they dont make sense. however Kairi and lea are fine and yeah Ic an see more people getting keyblades, its kinda the point of the keyblades, find pure hearts good people to help fight against the heartless. not be selfish with the keyblades and have a stick up your ***. sorry guys gotta be real about this one. lol
I don't hate Kairi and Lea getting Keyblades, it's just in the case of Kairi I wish the origins were better, and in the case of Lea I wish his Keyblade actually came into play for his story. But I don't hate them with Keyblades. The DDD novel did a good job showing Lea earn his Keyblade, but again I wish it played a factor in his storyline if you are going to replace his old weapons and all that.

Multiple Keyblades is unavoidable in a series where the Keyblade is the most valuable tool, because if it's not the Keyblade they'll just make a new magic weapon that functions just like the Keyblade under a different name which would be worse.

What I want them to do is make each Keyblade unique or serve a special function thus making each Keyblade user stand out.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

People say there's too many wielders, but in the grand scheme of things, 11 wielders in a cluster is a relatively normal size. Especially if we're talking lore that involved actual factions facing off and killing each other for whatever particular goal each Keyblade War was over. It's literally like in Star Wars where there's a ton of Jedi in the story, but from a lore perspective, they're far and in-between. It's one thing to be Force Sensitive, it's another thing entirely to be a Jedi. Same goes here, it's one thing to have the ability to wield, another thing entire to actually gain a Keyblade of your own.

KH1 gets referenced for it implying that there was only one Keyblade in existence, but even that thinking is flawed because Mickey from the beginning left a letter saying that he was looking for the Realm of Darkness's Keyblade (Kingdom Key D). And there's the Keyblade of People's Hearts that Riku used in Hollow Bastion. Then in the Secret Ending for KH1, you literally have some edgy kid (Roxas) in a black coat with TWO of them at the same time (the same ones that are tied to Sora), fighting against a guy that seemed to be Riku on top of a building in a dark raining city, asking where Sora is. So the whole "only Sora was supposed to have a Keyblade" idea is a widely-spread fallacy that was disproved in the same game people got that idea from.

Cause you have to think... If Mickey knew about this legendary "key" that's super crucial to protecting Kingdom Hearts, and this was extremely secret knowledge, then how did HE know? And if he's going into an area where all sorts of Heartless, weak and strong, dwell... How was he going to just waltz in and take it? If it took Sora everything he had just to reach the Door to Darkness at the end of KH1, I highly doubt Mickey's journey would've been smooth sailings (and it wasn't, going off what 0.2 showed us). Therefore, even going off only KH1 knowledge, he would've needed a Keyblade himself for him to pull this off. It would've been suicide otherwise.

As for Kairi getting a Keyblade, she's a Princess of Heart. If anything, she should be the most qualified on paper to wield one. While her moment should've been a much bigger deal, it is what it is. Although the parallels with how Sora ended up getting his is pretty much the same way how Kairi got hers -- Riku ended up giving it to them (in Sora's case, unwillingly and unknowingly).

Lea getting a Keyblade is fan-service, sure, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing either. The guy actually put in work and trained to get his, so if anything, his situation is probably the most traditional out of anyone in the room not named Terra, Aqua or Ven. Plus he has his chakrams as well, so he's probably more of a long-range fighter instead of everyone else being close-combat. Which is a pretty nice change of pace. And in a universe with the Keyblade being so crucial, eventually you're gonna run into problems if only one person can use one. Especially when Sora ends up being out of commission or depowered kinda frequently.

Back