• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Bob Iger has stepped down as Disney CEO

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
[/URL]

Not joking. Bob Iger has officially stepped down randomly as the CEO of Disney. In his place, Bob Chapek will open a new chapter for the company.

Under Iger, Disney has:

-Purchased Pixar for $7.4 billion (2006)

-Purchased Marvel for $4 billion (2009)

-Purchased Lucasfilm fir $4 billion (2012)

-Opened Shanghai Disneyland (2016)

-Launched ESPN+ (2018)

-Purchased FOX assets for $71 billion (2018)

-Launched Disney+ (2019)

We can only wonder what Disney will become under Chapek's thumb as the new CEO.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
[/URL]

Not joking. Bob Iger has officially stepped down randomly as the CEO of Disney. In his place, Bob Chapek will open a new chapter for the company.

Under Iger, Disney has:

-Purchased Pixar for $7.4 billion (2006)

-Purchased Marvel for $4 billion (2009)

-Purchased Lucasfilm fir $4 billion (2012)

-Opened Shanghai Disneyland (2016)

-Launched ESPN+ (2018)

-Purchased FOX assets for $71 billion (2018)

-Launched Disney+ (2019)

We can only wonder what Disney will become under Chapek's thumb as the new CEO.
I wouldn't say it's really random. While he has done a lot of good money-wise for the company, there's been a lot of questionable decisions Disney has made lately (the live action remake trend, the general reactions to the Star Wars sequel trilogy, etc.) that don't look the best for him. I wouldn't blame him for wanting out. He got his money.

And with the Harvey Weinstein trial ending in a guilty sentence, I wouldn't be surprised if more CEOs across the entertainment industry suddenly feel the need to step down. Not that he actually did anything but.... The timing is interesting.

Back