• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The Plot Thickens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

okhi12

Awards
Now I have a sudden urge to play through KH1 again just to visit that room in world terminus. Why does it have to be the only unrevisitable area from The End of The World? 😭

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
THE! THE THING! THE THING FROM THE FIRST GAME! I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT BEFORE GETTING ON HERE HOW IT'S A BUMMER WE NEVER SAW IT AGAIN! AND NOW IT'S RIGHT THERE! ASDFGHJK!

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
umm. So I went back to look at kh1 and there are only 5 spots on the machine there. Does that mean 2 people already used it? O.o

drew0512

Awards
I'm such a sucker for KH1 that this thing alone is enough to raise my hype to infinity and beyond

DraceEmpressa

Awards
I'd like to add that in the Japanese version, the text of the machine was specifically "children" of darkness and not just darkness. Considering how UX chars are mostly children...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We know Maleficent will be using one, so that just leaves a mystery person.
It has to be Ventus the other one that used it. Ansem's Apprentices knew of the Thing's existence, meaning that Xehanort knew, meaning that this is probably where Ven was found.

Also, this could leave the room open for the Twilight Town Mansion Pods to make a reappearance.

Violet Pluto

Awards
It has to be Ventus the other one that used it. Ansem's Apprentices knew of the Thing's existence, meaning that Xehanort knew, meaning that this is probably where Ven was found.

Also, this could leave the room open for the Twilight Town Mansion Pods to make a reappearance.
"It looks like they've been used." By WHOM, WHEN, WHY, NOMURAAAAA!

Noivern

Awards
Good evening, I sure woke up to a lot today!

It's a possibility, seeing as how those worlds we visit weren't fallen in darkness, meaning they couldn't be chunks of those worlds mashed into End of the World. It's also possible that, since the Kingdom Hearts in EOTW is the Heart of all Worlds, it's the Heart remembering pieces and chunks of the other worlds.

Also, this gives me hope that maaaaaaaaaaybe, the Chambers of Repose and Awakening will be retouched in Project Xehanort, seeing as how Nomura remembered this machine.

What do you mean by that? I always understood that the worlds featured in EOTW are the ones lost to Darkness and the place itself is gone after we finish of Ansem SoD, meaning they were restored after that. This is a genuine question btw.

The idea that Ventus was found in a pod makes a lot of sense too considering they have the emblem that Xehanort would later make his own symbol.

Could also be the basis for the technology of Ansem the Wise, and how he learned about Data and everything. Tron mentions in KH2 that he disliked him as well (at the time when Sora still believed SoD was the original Ansem) because he hickjacked the program and made it his own security system. Could it be that the Tron world is originally from Daybreak Town and Ansem reverse-engineered from the capsule where Subject X came from, possibly Skuld?

By the way, I love that this gives more credit to my theory that Daybreak Town was never rebuilt into Scala like so many believe thanks to the reflections in the water. Waiting until march to get another update is going to be hard.

--------------

Now, about Ven and Vanitas.

Vanitas is my favorite Kingdom Hearts character, which is partly influenced by the extra chapters of the BBS novel that humanize him further than just "lol darkness". I'm not sure what to think of all of this, but I still don't believe he is Darkness. Although he was smarter than Ventus and seemed more self aware about things, he still didn't seem like he had his own agenda, not even when brought back in 3. But at the same time, now that I think about it, we never actually saw Vanitas and Xehanort interacting properly. Never had it stated what Vanitas was gaining from acting under him, and yet he still complied.

I'm open to see where this is going and I will take any Van content I can get, but if they do end up making a bigger deal about him than just being Ventus' darkness (and thus making Ven more than just a simple boy who got caught in in two wars and was used by multiple people for their own goals, which ended up making him become super strong later on), then I hope his character is fleshed out properly and isn't just a boring enbodiment of Darkness.

I'm not necessarily looking for a redemption arc for him or anything, but if he's stepping up as a important character and possibly turning into a main villain, then I hope he gets good writing in the way.

kristi-swat

Awards
can we also account for a second all the boostrap paradox that is happening in this series? first it was old xehanort going back to his younger self and teaching him about the outer world, in remind future sora helps the guardians thus influencing the past, now maleficent a character from the future acts as a catalyst for transportation of ven and the rest which basically causes the rest of kh bbs and beyond to occur in the first place... mind boggling

Violet Pluto

Awards
can we also account for a second all the boostrap paradox that is happening in this series? first it was old xehanort going back to his younger self and teaching him about the outer world, in remind future sora helps the guardians thus influencing the past, now maleficent a character from the future acts as a catalyst for transportation of ven and the rest which basically causes the rest of kh bbs and beyond to occur in the first place... mind boggling
Don't forget the eternal Paradox that is the Master of Masters and Luxu giving him the knowledge to do what he does, by taking his Keyblade and Eye along with him through the years.

D

Deleted member 252753

The idea that Ventus was found in a pod makes a lot of sense too considering they have the emblem that Xehanort would later make his own symbol.

Extending the idea would also explain how Xemnas identified Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene as bearing the 'ancient keyblade legacy', if they were found in pods too (I can't remember if any of the 4 talk much about their pre-organization lives)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Extending the idea would also explain how Xemnas identified Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene as bearing the 'ancient keyblade legacy', if they were found in pods too (I can't remember if any of the 4 talk much about their pre-organization lives)

I wouldn't be surprised if Luxubar gave Xemnas certain hints about these four, since we know he was the one who recruited Marluxia.

D

Deleted member 252753

I wouldn't be surprised if Luxubar gave Xemnas certain hints about these four, since we know he was the one who recruited Marluxia.
Oh yeah, that's right. I would ask why Xemnas would believe Xigbar about that but he and Xehanort didn't seem curious about Xigbar and the box either so I guess it's consistent

LoneFox

Awards
Uh, I seem to have completely missed this part:
Brain: Where was Master Ava at that time?
Skuld: It was here
Ven: Mine was ...
Ven: Near the tower
I guess I was suffering from information overload. But why didn't anyone point it out?

Anyway, this means there is a real possibility of a fake Ava. Which is somewhat interesting, because I used to look for someone posing as a female character, as it would mean they have taken her name. But can it matter anymore? The fox mask is hiding something for sure, and it makes sense for her to be in the Final World, but how could she be connected to Yozora?

Travelling to the past requires a version of yourself to be at the destination, and you cannot change the future. (Ansem (as a heart after becoming a heartless) -> Young Xehanort, Maleficent (as a heart after Riku releases it) -> "Data-Maleficent").

Travelling to the future requires something that can grant you a body, and people who have met you at the destination. (Maleficent from UX to KH2, many of the Real Organization XIII members, maybe even the Foretellers through Luxu)

If you travel to the future, should you lose your body, your heart will go back to whence it came (Real Org members like Repliku or Ansem/Xemnas/YX going back to their respective time upon defeat) and it'll forget about what happened in the future.
The Dandelions went to the future, but are suffering the effects of going to the past. Why?
Did some kind of malfunction (hint: starts with a V :LOL:) suddenly throw them back while they were going forward? Could such thing break the laws of time travel badly enough to give the results we are seeing, including disconnecting them from that last one?

Noivern

Awards
Oh yeah, that's right. I would ask why Xemnas would believe Xigbar about that but he and Xehanort didn't seem curious about Xigbar and the box either so I guess it's consistent
It's important to note that Xehanort first approached Braig and had him become his underling under the premise of giving him a Keyblade, which we now know why. So maybe Braig, later Xigbar, acted under the guise of being obsessed with the Keyblade so Xemnas did not pay much mind to it, putting it aside as just a fool who is in for more than what he knows.

That being said, I wonder when exactly Braig became Luxu, and if it was before BBS. Assuming he assumed that identity for quite a long time and Braig was one of the guards of Radiant Garden, maybe he's been stationed in that place and assuming multiple identities because he's been keeping tabs on one of the capsules that landed there.

Considering how this whole deal might give more info on how Ansem even obtained his technology in the first place, I wonder if Radiant Garden being called the "City of Light" is relevant.

D

Deleted member 252753

It's important to note that Xehanort first approached Braig and had him become his underling under the premise of giving him a Keyblade, which we now know why. So maybe Braig, later Xigbar, acted under the guise of being obsessed with the Keyblade so Xemnas did not pay much mind to it, putting it aside as just a fool who is in for more than what he knows.

That being said, I wonder when exactly Braig became Luxu, and if it was before BBS. Assuming he assumed that identity for quite a long time and Braig was one of the guards of Radiant Garden, maybe he's been stationed in that place and assuming multiple identities because he's been keeping tabs on one of the capsules that landed there.

Considering how this whole deal might give more info on how Ansem even obtained his technology in the first place, I wonder if Radiant Garden being called the "City of Light" is relevant.
Very good points. Another thing I wonder about Luxu is, if he knew about the virus and the darkness, and assumedly knew that they travelled to another worldline, did he take steps to stop them from messing things up?

This is why I am still a little suspicious of Skuld, as the first secret report suggests that Braig may have been involved in hiding Subject X from Xehanort; he must have had a reason.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Very good points. Another thing I wonder about Luxu is, if he knew about the virus and the darkness, and assumedly knew that they travelled to another worldline, did he take steps to stop them from messing things up?

Luxu seems to take his role very seriously and up until a certain point his role was to just watch as he explained to Ava so he probably wouldn't get himself involved.

If I recall the secret reports of KH 3 correctly Luxu didn't assume an active role in events until the "scapegoat" who would start the second Keyblade War revealed themselves which would mean he didn't start to take active steps before Xehanort got the No Name.

Yet on the other hand, there is still the whole issue with Xigbar/Luxu having such a vivid memory of Ventus staring angrily at him that he always remarks about it even when Roxas and Sora do it. So far chronologically BBS is the "first" instance of the glare by Ven himself but in BBS he didn't even have much to do with Xigbar/Luxu.

D

Deleted member 252753

Luxu seems to take his role very seriously and up until a certain point his role was to just watch as he explained to Ava so he probably wouldn't get himself involved.

If I recall the secret reports of KH 3 correctly Luxu didn't assume an active role in events until the "scapegoat" who would start the second Keyblade War revealed themselves which would mean he didn't start to take active steps before Xehanort got the No Name.

Yet on the other hand, there is still the whole issue with Xigbar/Luxu having such a vivid memory of Ventus staring angrily at him that he always remarks about it even when Roxas and Sora do it. So far chronologically BBS is the "first" instance of the glare by Ven himself but in BBS he didn't even have much to do with Xigbar/Luxu.
Well I suppose Luxu will have to briefly take an active role in KHUX to bequeathe the No Name to one of the five masters so perhaps he will be glared at then

Back