• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LoneFox

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
This is a DisneyxFinal Fantasy crossover where friendship is magic and even the main villain got a happish ending. Am I really supposed to believe Riku and Kairi couldn't make amends for what happened and decided to be acquaintances instead of friends? Especially after how he was helping her in KH2 and how she was trying just as hard to bring him home as she was Sora?

So no, I don't believe the "Riku is just keeping his distance" thing when their best friend is missing or when they're about to go fight the big bad. I doubt Riku is thinking about whatever crush he had on Kairi when they were babies and how she hurt his feelings. (which honestly, is bogus I've never felt like Riku had a legitimate crush on Kairi)

They're supposed to be friends, a trio. But of all the KH trios, the Destiny Trio has become the most hallow. I would say it's a telling vs showing situation, but they don't bother even telling anymore, there's almost nothing there.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Since Nomura is working in his old Versus concepts for the next saga it makes me wonder if he will try to incorporate the Goddess Etro. Possibly as a physical manifestation of Kingdom Hearts

GreyouTT

Awards
So what you're saying is Noctis is possessing NoctisView attachment 12212

It's all clear now.
95c474f7bee2f44a1d7d1ab8b57611b0.jpg

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh wow, really?! I never would've guessed from your post tbh XD

Lol, it's a shame that your schedule became so tight. I would've loved to see another one your glorious character essays.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Haha, the length of that post is tame compared to what I used to write on my heydays.
I'm glad I can even post somewhat more regularly again since I had to forego forum activity for most of 2019 anyways.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

No no, BBS was VERY explicit about what Vanitas was and where he came from. But I definitely agree that they couldn't decide what they wanted to do with that concept, so his "true nature" kept flip flopping till he became what he is today: a walking contradiction, and another perfect example of a wasted character in this series. Even his personality isn't consistent anymore, and Vani's scenes in KH3 actively annoyed me (I wasn't kidding when I said he turned into a theatrical clown, lol).

I don't think any of this is particularly spoilery, but I tagged most of it just in case, lol.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Indeed, BBS was very explicit about that but it does not have to be the entire truth. It is possible that there can be more to it just like it was with the whole Nobodies have no hearts thing.
The notion was never really retconned but DDD revealed that Nobodies can gain a heart using procedures apart from the one way Xemnas was propagating throughout Days and KH 2. These other possibilities were deliberately kept secret though.

Hey, a non-hostile discussion about my favourite cuteboy...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I wasn't around for a while so I can't really comment on "hostile" discussions about Ven.
From my experience discussions involving Vanitas tend to get heated with Ven only involved on the sidelines, but whatever. ;P

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

AegisXIII

Awards
Is it me or is the remind section of the game unaccessible once you started the limit cut? I wanted to reopen Scala to find the missing chests but my save file with limit cut is not visible in the remind menu. before the limit cut, I could come back and attempt the final boss over and over again.

Is this intended or is it a bug? Sounds like a bug to me because no chest has ever been missable in a kh game.

GreyouTT

Awards
Is it me or is the remind section of the game unaccessible once you started the limit cut? I wanted to reopen Scala to find the missing chests but my save file with limit cut is not visible in the remind menu. before the limit cut, I could come back and attempt the final boss over and over again.

Is this intended or is it a bug? Sounds like a bug to me because no chest has ever been missable in a kh game.

They are different episodes, and are thus different saves. If you've been using one save file for the entire thing, you have lost that ReMind save forever and need to start over with an untouched clear save of the main game. If you've saved over that too, ya screwed up lad.

LoneFox

Awards
I wasn't around for a while so I can't really comment on "hostile" discussions about Ven.
I was referring to the flood of invented evidence about Ven being the impostor, or the killer, or even Gula in disguise, that appeared a couple of story updates ago.
Pfft, yeah, he was also wrapped in a white blanket at first so I always took him being shirtless as symbolism for purity, innocence and/or vulnerability.
Of course, (re)birth aspect is even in the name of the game. But they are not mutually exclusive, the truth aspect is also valid.
I'm not too good with remembering all the Ux stuff because it is released so disjointed, so what big clue you you mean?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Haha, the length of that post is tame compared to what I used to write on my heydays.

I'm glad I can even post somewhat more regularly again since I had to forego forum activity for most of 2019 anyways.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Indeed, BBS was very explicit about that but it does not have to be the entire truth. It is possible that there can be more to it just like it was with the whole Nobodies have no hearts thing.

The notion was never really retconned but DDD revealed that Nobodies can gain a heart using procedures apart from the one way Xemnas was propagating throughout Days and KH 2. These other possibilities were deliberately kept secret though.

From my experience discussions involving Vanitas tend to get heated with Ven only involved on the sidelines, but whatever. ;P

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

First of all man I missed reading your meaty posts, they're always so well thought out.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

AegisXIII

Awards
They are different episodes, and are thus different saves. If you've been using one save file for the entire thing, you have lost that ReMind save forever and need to start over with an untouched clear save of the main game. If you've saved over that too, ya screwed up lad.
Luckily, I have my initial save untouched. But my question is: is it the intended behaviour? Why would a second episode dlc prevent accessing the progress of the first? The saves are there anyway. It could simply reload us at scala before the final boss. Imagine if it would be the same for the main story. Everyone would be mad. I really think that this could be a bug because technically, the data is still inside the save.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Since Nomura is working in his old Versus concepts for the next saga it makes me wonder if he will try to incorporate the Goddess Etro. Possibly as a physical manifestation of Kingdom Hearts
Technically the χblade is Kingdom Hearts' physical manifestation. Unless you make an argument that it could have another manifestation in the form of a humanoid entity, much like how Minerva is the physical representation of the Lifestream in the FINAL FANTASY VII Universe.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Luckily, I have my initial save untouched. But my question is: is it the intended behaviour? Why would a second episode dlc prevent accessing the progress of the first? The saves are there anyway. It could simply reload us at scala before the final boss. Imagine if it would be the same for the main story. Everyone would be mad. I really think that this could be a bug because technically, the data is still inside the save.

Yes, this is intentional.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the game warns you of this when it asks you to save. I might be wrong but I recall it advising something

GreyouTT

Awards
I mean, you wouldn't save over your Aqua file in BbS with the Final or Secret episode. They're different episodes, even if you did import your character.

Back